Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    So you're being bothered by people wanting customizations outside of the spec fantasy? The game is filled with the dumbest and silliest transmogs possible ... like really some people are mogged into walking dildos, clowns and whatnot.
    Sure just don't actually read the thread.

Also transmogs can be explained away as magic.

Class spec traits cant be because that would make no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Some like the gameplay and lore but dont like visual part. For example my brother refused to play shadow priest because he lost most gear visual because of shadow form.
    Then he doesn't like shadow priest...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    look at polymorph

baseline spell is sheep. there's lots of alternatives but you need to discover them. that works if it's for one spell but can you imagine having to do that for every choice? every ghost wolf, every hex, every flare, every style of every thing? even the die hard collectors would revolt
    unless the method is easy to obtain. through a crafting profession perhaps, and tradeable. it could even be used to give a profession that was suddenly in danger of being made redundant (due to blizz rethinking major glyphs) a much needed boost
    and it did

glyphs are not the only option but they're a reliable one. the barber shop was used for warlock pet customisation and worked quite well, perhaps the glyph system could be evolved into something similar (with visual previews) in time and presumably now and then they'll use other methods again, but glyphs are a neat and low (but without being no) effort system that the playerbase make good use of
    I fully agree, I also advocated for a explore/search like vibe to Glyphs, so it becomes rather fun to unlock/find new cosmetic svisuals for your spec/class. We still have so many old, butalso npc worth of cool visuals that would work just fine within the specfantasy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-02 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Sure just don't actually read the thread.

Also transmogs can be explained away as magic.

Class spec traits cant be because that would make no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Then he doesn't like shadow priest...
    Ah yes, the limits of magic to please you. Also stuff like shadow form can just not be utilized .. they are utilized just because gameplay buffs and are not mandatory into the fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Ah yes, the limits of magic to please you. Also stuff like shadow form can just not be utilized .. they are utilized just because gameplay buffs and are not mandatory into the fantasy.
    Actually they are mandatory to the fantasy, because it's the source of their power, being connected with the void allows them to channel more powerful spells. But hey if you wanna give up shadowform and just be a regular priest... sure? but you shouldn't get the benefits... that's the entire point. if you dont wanna get that close to the void, either accept the fact that you can't have full power or accept that you can't look like a holy priest... This would be like demon hunters being able to remove everything that makes them look like a demon hunter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some even go so far to say things like shadow form shouldn't be a baseline spell but should be straight up be a glyph for people who like shadow form and the people that don't like it shouldn't have to have shadow form on... Like what? That's the entire class/spec fantasy.... Why even play the character if you don't like it?

Not liking a single visual aspect of a class/spec does not equate to not liking the class/spec fantasy.

I personally don't like shadowform, it's too dark and my character is barely visible.
    Even with Glyph of Shadows which weakens the shadowform cover still has these ugly black swirlies moving across my character.

If i could turn it off i would do so in an instant.
    Or they pull a druid and give us more Shadowform customization, the void has enough visual alternatives to choose from.

That does not mean i hate the class fantasy, i love my eldritch horror worshipping cultist.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2024-04-02 at 03:35 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Some like the gameplay and lore but dont like visual part. For example my brother refused to play shadow priest because he lost most gear visual because of shadow form.
    I can be like that - Even if Evoker were the most awesome class in the game, I'd have a hard time playing them..because I dislike their look....and the lack of armor display. Maybe if they looked more like the chunky Valdrakken guards...I wouldn't mind......but "luckily" they are also my least favorite class to play (in the damage specc I am levelling in)

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    The entire fantasy of being a shadow priest is being a priest that uses shadow spells not a purple blob
    There is nothing wrong with purple blobs, especially if you are in shadow form.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be like demon hunters being able to remove everything that makes them look like a demon hunter.
    This is the worst possible example you could have picked, because Demons Hunters already can remove nearly everything that makes them look like a Demon Hunter.

Tattoos, Which themselves are necessary for Demon Hunter to keep their inner demon in check (See: "Opposites Repel," "Inscription of the Body," "Becoming Illidari" and "Illidan" p123-4), are optional.

Horns are optional.

Cracked skin is optional.

Blindfolds are optional.

The only aspect of Demon Hunters that has absolutely no work around is the eye glow, which is hardly unique to them.