Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Full X-men reboot

https://screenrant.com/deadpool-x-men-disney-reboot/

Looks like everyone (save Ryan Reynolds) is getting kicked from X-men. Not sure if this is so they can retool the powers of the X-men to but fit inside the exsisting MCU or if they just want fresh faces all around. Kinda disappointed though, even though the movies were for the most part only OK, I really liked most of the younger X-men cast, especially the Quicksilver character who may or may not end up being dead now.

Yep I knew this was going to happen. RIP xmen, going to go down the shitter and with chunks of disney ret con clinging to the down pipe
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

10+ Year Old Account
    For obvious reasons, Deadpool is the only show Fox put any real effort into save for Logan, but that had a....lot of bad film before it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

i bet the new charles xavier will be a female )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    Yep I knew this was going to happen. RIP xmen, going to go down the shitter and with chunks of disney ret con clinging to the down pipe
    RIP? You know the X-Men movies were all rubbish right (except for Logan, the only good X-Men movie that only starred two X-Men lol).

I hope Disney at least can give us the original X-Men line up. And hey with Disney pushing diversity, they can start with the Giant-Size X-Men issue Storyline form the 70's that revitalized the X-Men comics, as that has a very diverse cast. Storm (African), Thunderbird (Native American) Colossus (Russian), Nightcrawler (German), Wolverine (Canadian) Banshee (Irish)
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-21 at 02:34 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post

IDK about that but i wouldnt be suprised if one or both of Xavier and Magneto were black.

I really enjoyed the young cast. McAvoy and Fassbender were top notch. No way they replace them with better actors. The first 2 films were great, although fanbois got upset by some elements. It might be better to let X-Men rest for a few years rather than reboot.

I do hope they keep the theme music. Might be the best superhero theme out there.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Just wondering how humans vs. mutants can make sense when there has been a decade of superheroes and supervillains wreaking havoc already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks God.

I find the current pool of actors playing X Men as terrible, except for Wolverine, I mean Hugh Jackman did an excellent job portraying the character.

This Phoenix Force bullshit will be ruined by Fox, yet again they will piss on that epic story and make it worse.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Just wondering how humans vs. mutants can make sense when there has been a decade of superheroes and supervillains wreaking havoc already.
    Mutant's were born with powers, most of the superheroes in Marvel are given, gifted or the result of a accidents. Mutants are feared and hated due to them not having any control or understanding over said power resulting in the people fearing them for the danger they may posses. Being a mutant isnt even select so people who could be mutants could be bad people and will use that ability for evil, creating the threats humans fear, fearing this next stage of evolution to be a curse more than a gift. Hell some mutants even don't like being mutants.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-21 at 01:57 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

Looks like everyone (save Ryan Reynolds) is getting kicked from X-men. Not sure if this is so they can retool the powers of the X-men to but fit inside the exsisting MCU or if they just want fresh faces all around.
    Obviously the latter. It worked for Spiderman - don't see any reason why they wouldn't stick to formulae that works.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    IDK about that but i wouldnt be suprised if one or both of Xavier and Magneto were black.
    It would either be both or just Xavier. Having a white Xavier constantly stopping a black Magneto from trying to commit genocide on humanity and lecturing him on his evil beliefs doesnt seem like it would go over well.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2019-03-21 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you would be wrong.

Although in this day and age, not completely impossible.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

Looks like everyone (save Ryan Reynolds) is getting kicked from X-men. Not sure if this is so they can retool the powers of the X-men to but fit inside the exsisting MCU or if they just want fresh faces all around. Kinda disappointed though, even though the movies were for the most part only OK, I really liked most of the younger X-men cast, especially the Quicksilver character who may or may not end up being dead now.
    This the opinion of one reporter at THR. Nothing is even un-official at this point. We'll see.

The Avengers are seen as super hero police. The mutants are seen as random citizens owning weapons of mass destruction in the palm of their hands and living secretly next door to you planning who knows what because they see themselves as superior to humans.

Spider-Man is leaning towards falling into Avengers category with how they're developing him, but in the comics the fact that he kept to himself and more solitary is what made him more easily flip between hero and "Jameson was right, he's a menace" labeling. There were even times that people speculated if he was a mutant during negative public perception (in world, of course, not to readers).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That’s a very real problem that effects the comics if you ask me, spider man swings by and no one cares but a mutant comes to town and every one loses it.

Though the xmen are also a bunch of assholes who will break mass murders out of jail and then work with them and act like victims in th comics.

Nice. Looking forward to a much better iteration of the X-Men. Other than Logan and Deadpool the rest of the movies were either shit or did not age well at all over the years.

...I believe you answered your own question right there.

The funny thing is, I never found "mutants vs humans" to be the real truth of X-Men. Oh, sure, that's the narrative reason - but rather the obvious core of the situation is ultimately "Superheroes vs Supervillains wreaking havoc", with maybe "mutants" getting the blame as a stereotype-as-a-whole for said actual situation. Rather like African Americans being accused of some bullshit genetic disposition for crime when it's, in reality, far far FAR deeper and multiple other reasons.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-03-21 at 02:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Mutant's were born with powers, most of the superheroes in Marvel are given, gifted or the result of a accidents. Mutants are feared and hated due to them not having any control or understanding over said power resulting in the people fearing them for the danger they may posses. Being a mutant isnt even select so people who could be mutants could be bad people and will use that ability for evil, creating the threats humans fear, fearing this next stage of evolution to be a curse more than a gift. Hell some mutants even don't like being mutants.
    This whole thing really doesn’t hold water when you have hero’s and villains popping up every where else and wrecking stuff without being mutants. Mabye it made sense in the past but in the current state of marvel/MCU it just doesn’t hold up.

Starring Sinead o'Connor