Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mutants are so boring. To me they look like one big almighty superhero found himself split into countless edgy teenagers with anger issues.
    I still haven't forgiven them for the original trilogy. Cyclops was my favourite, but all it did was taking crap from that edgelord Wolverine, screw things up, and use his powers unwillingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If colossus was gay, he would have hit on deadpool since he is "kinda gay-ish" in some instances for lolz?
    Comic book Colossus was turned gay in mid-2000s I think it was. The part of the Deadpool movies has something to do with him calling Colossus a cock sucker or other such name. Can't remember if it was the first movie or second. Of course, I could be reading too much into that part.

Looking it up, Colossus in Ultimate X-Men was gay. From marvel.com: "fter a childhood described as violent and miserable, Rasputin discovered his mutant powers and began earning money by performing feats of super-strength for tourists. He also realized that he was gay."
    Also, this wikipedia page goes a bit more in-depth about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altern...ltimate_Marvel (also mentions they made Nightcrawler a homophobe)

5+ Year Old Account
    Imho if a character doesn't start out gay, then they aren't gay, that's just recent lorelol to virtue signal, can't they make new character or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Thanks God.

I find the current pool of actors playing X Men as terrible, except for Wolverine, I mean Hugh Jackman did an excellent job portraying the character.

This Phoenix Force bullshit will be ruined by Fox, yet again they will piss on that epic story and make it worse.
    you mean ruined by Disney. Disney owns Fox now.

Hello, my name is William Stryker and I'm the founder of the Purifiers a well known anti-mutant group.

I have been reading this thread I am extremely dissapointed by the lack of vision some peope are showing.

Why should be fear mutants you say? Because they are not humans.Sure they look like one and Ororo Munroe is hot as a summer in the desert but the truth is that weather witch is not an Homo Sapiens but a different species that ,given the proper time and resources, will erase us from the face of the earth.

Human Torch could be dangerous( I surely would not let him anywhere near my daughter!!) if he goes crazy but if he has little cute torch babies and that babies have more babies they are all still Homo Sapiens so no harm in that.

Don't you know anything about anthropology? Because this precise Homo Superior situation has already happenend in the past. We, Homo Sapiens, expanded and that implied Homo Neanderthalensis got extinct (they, somehow, survive as a small portion of our DNA).We were smarter,we were more adapted...we were just better and our sucess wiped them from existence.

This is happening all over again but this time we are not the superior species and our only advantage lies in the sheer numbers now that we solved the Genosha issue and our iron will in survive.

There's no chance for coexistence and if you care for your grandchildren and their grandchildren you should take a side or we will be the next extinct branch in the Homo genre.

Wake up America.

IT'S US OR THEM.

Edit: Fuck, I have been hacked by this filthy religious nuts. I swear to God I, PrimiOne, have not done this post and now I can't delete. I did not agree with anything exposed here and I can assure you that I believe in the pacific existence among species (allthough he is right about Ororo being hot…)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    https://screenrant.com/deadpool-x-men-disney-reboot/

Looks like everyone (save Ryan Reynolds) is getting kicked from X-men. Not sure if this is so they can retool the powers of the X-men to but fit inside the exsisting MCU or if they just want fresh faces all around. Kinda disappointed though, even though the movies were for the most part only OK, I really liked most of the younger X-men cast, especially the Quicksilver character who may or may not end up being dead now.
    good riddance. get rid of bryan synger too.

disney is going to genderbend and race flip all the mutants in the name of inclusivity then they'll wonder why it flops hardcore. Would be nice if they just make up new mutants that address the issues we have in society today rather than fucking up characters that have existed for 40yrs already
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Deadpool is the easiest to fit in and also the third film basically can be one huge expected parody of reboots. Imagine the opening of the next film being Deadpool explaining the retconed prior films with poor cgi-ed Chris Evans in them. Gold

But the main X men films couldn't possibly gel with the MCU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If colossus was gay, he would have hit on deadpool since he is "kinda gay-ish" in some instances for lolz?

But I don't think so, since he is so embarrassed in his fight vs vs...uh...forgot name
    I mean colossus might just not be attracted to the burns victim look Deadpool as going for him. But metal man is gay in many versions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Colossus was also made gay some many years back. I think there's a bit of a line referencing that in one of the 2 Deadpool movies.
    I am not aware of this at all actually unless you can specify the comic it happened. Unless he was mistaken for being gay in the comics by someone else? But I have never known him to actually be gay or even mentioned being gay. The man has constantly been in an off again on again relationship with Kitty Pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post

Looking it up, Colossus in Ultimate X-Men was gay. From marvel.com: "fter a childhood described as violent and miserable, Rasputin discovered his mutant powers and began earning money by performing feats of super-strength for tourists. He also realized that he was gay."
    Also, this wikipedia page goes a bit more in-depth about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altern...ltimate_Marvel (also mentions they made Nightcrawler a homophobe)

Ohhh Ultimate Colossus, yea thats an alternate version of Colossus, (I hated the ultimate universe comics), only good thing to come out of the Ultimate Universe was black Nick Fury and Miles Moralas. So they could add that version of colossus, who knows, after all they added Ultimate Nick Fury into the movies since the 616 main Marvel version is white :P

There are a lot of differences between the Ultimate Universe and Marvels main universe. Mostly that the Avengers were a bunch of assholes in the Ultimate Universe. Hated their Captain America too. Man now I am getting bad flashbacks of those comics... lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-21 at 08:18 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Ohhh Ultimate Colossus, yea thats an alternate version of Colossus, (I hated the ultimate universe comics, only good thing to come out of the Ultimaste Universe was black Nick Fury and Miles Moralas. So they could add that version of colossus, who knows, after all they added Ultimate Nick Fury into the movies since the 616 main Marvel version is white :P
    Nick Fury Jr. is in 616 now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Nick Fury Jr. is in 616 now!
    Yes he is, you are right... White Nick Fury has become the new watcher or something after the Original Sin storyline, so yea.

Funny as since being made a into a 616 counterpart, black Nick Fury really hasn't been as interesting as white Nick Fury since they replaced him. It;s only made me miss White Nick Fury more, which is a shame because I was super pumped to see Nick Fury Jr be in the 616 universe after how good he was in the Ultimate comics and the MCU. But he hasnt lived up to be that interesting.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Yes he is, you are right... White Nick Fury has become the new watcher or something after the Original Sin storyline, so yea.

Funny as since being made a into a 616 counterpart, black Nick Fury really hasn't been as interesting as white Nick Fury since they replaced him. It;s only made me miss White Nick Fury more, which is a shame because I was super pumped to see Nick Fury Jr be in the 616 universe after how good he was in the Ultimate comics and the MCU. But he hasnt lived up to be that interesting.
    I feel like they just haven't done much with him at all, hes just a background character. Maria Hill took over shield and then Hydra Cap, I'm not sure whose running it now.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    disney is going to genderbend and race flip all the mutants in the name of inclusivity then they'll wonder why it flops hardcore. Would be nice if they just make up new mutants that address the issues we have in society today rather than fucking up characters that have existed for 40yrs already
    They already have mutants for any possible race/gender issue even if there not as well known.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I wouldn't mind more Phoenix saga movies if they were actually done right. I hold no hope for the one coming out soon. The problem with the Phoenix movies they did before, and now, is that they never let Jean be Phoenix for a while. They just skip right to Dark Phoenix. For the Phoenix saga to work there has to be a movie where she becomes Phoenix, a movie where she is Phoenix, a movie where she becomes Dark Phoenix, and finally a movie where she is Dark Phoenix and dies. The epic story just doesn't work in a 2 hour bite.
    I guess that's true. But as much as I'd like to see movies about the original X-Men done properly, the cynic in me won't allow me to not have reservations about something like this. There's a lot of potential with these characters, that it would just be a shame to see them retreading old ground yet again. That's part of why I think Into the Spider-Verse was so well received (apart from just being a good movie): They took the risk and told a new story that wasn't just awkward Peter Parker learning how to be Spider-Man...awkward Miles Morales notwithstanding...and weren't afraid to throw characters in there and expect that the audience weren't imbeciles and could actually keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Ryan Reynolds will only last as long as it takes them to find an actress for Gwenpool. Then Deadpool will be replaced, no explanation, no final appearance, just gone. And it will be all about the Gwenpool and her incredibly shitting writing and forced agenda, which is a shame because the character is actually pretty decent with lots of potential.
    Jesus Christ, are we still salty that Captain Marvel didn't bomb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I guess that's true. But as much as I'd like to see movies about the original X-Men done properly, the cynic in me won't allow me to not have reservations about something like this. There's a lot of potential with these characters, that it would just be a shame to see them retreading old ground yet again. That's part of why I think Into the Spider-Verse was so well received (apart from just being a good movie): They took the risk and told a new story that wasn't just awkward Peter Parker learning how to be Spider-Man...awkward Miles Morales notwithstanding...and weren't afraid to throw characters in there and expect that the audience weren't imbeciles and could actually keep up.
    I think the key is going to be that we really don't need origin stories for the X-men.

They didn't bother with one for Spider-man. Into the Spider-Verse made fun of the concept (even while being one, itself). And really, the X-men aren't that fucking complicated.

They hit puberty, got powers. If they make them Inhumans rather than complicating things further, then you replace that with "went into a Terrigen cocoon when exposed to the Terrigen mists, got powers". Cyclops fires beams from his eyes and needs glasses to control it. Storm controls weather. Colossus can turn to steel. Iceman can do ice stuff. Literally just show them doing this stuff, and we're done, we don't need any more. Look at The Incredibles; nobody explains how THEY got their powers. We see Frozone and we're just "oh cool, he can do ice stuff. And oh look, he needs a super-suit to do it." That's all we need to know.

Just jump right in, the base X-men are formed, they've been active for a couple years, but have been flying under the radar. The movie's their first big threat, make it a personal one; Magneto's probably best. Pull in someone from the Avengers to deal with the strange guy with strange and dangerous powers, have it be Falcon, or maybe even Thor; can Magneto control Stormbreaker? Fun thought. Avenger gets punked, X-men save the day, establishing that they're capable and useful.

The real key is gonna be casting, but the MCU's been pretty damned fantastic at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    IDK about that but i wouldnt be suprised if one or both of Xavier and Magneto were black.
    Nah, it’s gonna be Jean Grey, Banshee, Siren etc. Hollywood’s on a ginger erasure spree.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Jesus Christ, are we still salty that Captain Marvel didn't bomb?
    I'm not salty about the movie, it wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. It was eh, I'm not about to tell people not to go watch it. I will tell them give it a shot, you might like it. I know some people who really did like it, some that were just like eh if it was on TV and there was nothing else I'd watch it. And of course you have the 'I need to blind and deafen myself that was the worst thing I've ever seen crowd' but you know what, fuck them.

What makes me salty is how people involved with the film acted. How they treat the fucking fans, some of them do need to be slapped a few times. But no, they are painting with a huge brush. This thing that you loved and nurtured and built up and kept alive, turns out it wasn't for you at all. It was really meant for these people, you know the ones that mocked you for liking said thing. You can't talk about anything, you can't disagree with anything, you have to like what they say you like or you get all these f'ing lables put on you. The same people that said you can't say anything bad about Captain Marvel are now bitching about Endgame because in the preview with Thor she is wearing makeup! They are pissed she is wearing makeup, and I am so disheartened by all this. I give up, i just give up screw the films screw the comics they arent meant for me anymore

I am not aware of this at all actually unless you can specify the comic it happened. Unless he was mistaken for being gay in the comics by someone else? But I have never known him to actually be gay or even mentioned being gay. The man has constantly been in an off again on again relationship with Kitty Pryde.

Ohhh Ultimate Colossus, yea thats an alternate version of Colossus, (I hated the ultimate universe comics), only good thing to come out of the Ultimate Universe was black Nick Fury and Miles Moralas. So they could add that version of colossus, who knows, after all they added Ultimate Nick Fury into the movies since the 616 main Marvel version is white :P

There are a lot of differences between the Ultimate Universe and Marvels main universe. Mostly that the Avengers were a bunch of assholes in the Ultimate Universe. Hated their Captain America too. Man now I am getting bad flashbacks of those comics... lol
    Yeah, it's the Ultimate universe version. I carefully looked up "colossus gay" on google, kept far away from the images, and came across those 2 links. I knew they made him gay, but couldn't rememeber where. I also was not a fan of the Ultimate versions. Many of the changes were just too extreme for me to really get into them. My first exposure was the PS2 Ultimate Spiderman game, where Green Goblin was an alien monster, Venom was Eddie Brock Jr and had to drain the life of people while also being a science experiment instead of an alien, Carnage was a 2 foot tall Peter Parker in a symbiote (or else he just looked 2 feet tall compared to Venom). I never even looked into the other Ultimate versions. This coming from someone who had no problem with all the old 2099 versions they tried out in the mid-late 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    disney is going to genderbend and race flip all the mutants in the name of inclusivity then they'll wonder why it flops hardcore.
    Let's have some examples of this happening in the MCU. Or really any reason to believe it will happen, for that matter.

Not much will be lost. I liked X-men 2 and First Class, every other movie in that series was mediocre to bad save for the greatness that was Logan.