Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not to mention Ant-Man and the Wasp ending with the entire team dead except Scott, who's stuck in the quantum realm.
    Well, to be fair, that can just be rolled into the aftermath of IW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well, to be fair, that can just be rolled into the aftermath of IW.
    Yes, I'm just poking another pin into the silly idea that Disney's MCU films always end on happy notes with the bad guys defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    IDK about that but i wouldnt be suprised if one or both of Xavier and Magneto were black.
    black jewish holocaust survivor, hmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I love when morons make statements about Disney somehow ruining X-Men when it's Feige who will make all the calls when it comes to these characters. Disney just sits back and lets the cash roll in when it comes to Marvel.
    I am skeptical only because I always view the X-Men side of Marvel to be more darker tone than the main marvel universe due to the themes, not as dark as something like the Punisher but still pretty gritty with its themes and tones. It's something even the recent X-Men movies under Fox failed to do right. And it isn't something that Feige has managed to prove yet with the current movies under his watch. I can trust his ability to make sure X-Men is a more darker tone but maybe I am just so scared with how badly they have been used under Fox that I am just jaded by it...

You could be right though he could pull it off but I am naturally a skeptical person

I mean when Fantastic Four comes along I have total faith in Feige to do that right, if there is any franchise that has the right to be bombastic corny and fun, it's the Fantastic Four and that plays to Disney's strength, look at Guardians of the Galaxy. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-22 at 07:39 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I was talking about this with my brother not so long ago, how the fuck are x-men supposed to fit on any of this shit?

The humans vs mutants doesn't fit no matter where you put it ._.
    Well if they use infinity aftermath to ramp up mutants powering up somehow (with them being super rare in the past) then I can see a super powered people explosion turning people against unestabloshed heroes but keeping the established ones still on solid grounds. Would be nice to see prof X starting the school as a means of reigning this in, with other heavy hitters like Shaw, magneto. Etc having competing lines of thought. That is a bunch of generals that all of a sudden have a lot of potential soldiers. I do hope to see more than prof x vs magneto.

To be fair I have every bit of faith in Disney to pull of something decent, maybe magical in a few parts.

The simplest approach would be make them alternate universes. Then you have some sort of event that leads to cross-over and the spreading of the Mutant gene.

Saying that the issue was about UNCONTROLLED powers is also a bit ridiculous... You don't know WHO will be a mutant until your power activates, as very few mutants came from mutant parents (as far as I have read, I have missed a LOT of the later ones so that could have changed by now) so by the time you know someone is a mutant, that accidental use should most likely not be much of an issue for them any more.

Obviously there are exceptions (Cyclops and Rogue are my first thoughts, although I know in at least ONE continuity Cyclops' issues were due to a head injury and rogue eventually managed to control her power) but for the most part, KNOWN mutants are not particularly dangerous due to accidents, only the ones who you can't know whether they will develop powers are still potential accidents waiting to happen, if you want to prevent those... OK time to wipe out anyone ages 0-16 just in case they happen to turn out to be mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    Saying that the issue was about UNCONTROLLED powers is also a bit ridiculous... You don't know WHO will be a mutant until your power activates, as very few mutants came from mutant parents (as far as I have read, I have missed a LOT of the later ones so that could have changed by now) so by the time you know someone is a mutant, that accidental use should most likely not be much of an issue for them any more.
    And there's also the thing about uncontrolled powers not being a mutant's only issue anyways. When the terrigen mist hit the planet and all of a sudden all these new Inhumans popped up with powers, did they all know immediately how to control their powers? When some random person is exposed to cosmic rays or weird chemicals or alien DNA or get bitten by a radioactive bug or whatever else that can give you powers, do they just suddenly all know how to control them right off the bat? I distinctly recall the Runaways having to learn to control their abilities, and the only mutant on the team is Molly. Silk likewise had to learn to control hers. Avengers Academy exists to teach young heroes how to control their powers...and much of their roster is non-mutant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I hope Disney won't ruin it by pushing obvious political correctness crap they infested new Star Wars with.
    You do realize the underlying premise of Marvel what people now call 'political correctness'?

Marvel has always been liberal with its media, well before Disney.

Resident Cosplay Progressive