Watch: This Real-Life Hoverboard Is Almost Impossible to Believe

http://time.com/3894959/hoverboard-guinness-records/

But it's real, according to the Guinness Book of World Records

Eat your heart out Marty McFly.

According to the Guinness World Record organization, this video shows the furthest recorded flight ever made on a overboard. (You know, in real life as opposed to in the movies.) This “astonishing world record,” according to Guinness, was set by Canadian inventor Catalina Alexandru Duru.
    Go Canada!
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

Less "Marty McFly" and more "Green Goblin", but still pretty cool.

You should write for buzzfeed. Great title.

I'm a bit... skeptical about this invention and would like to know more about it before saying anything more on this one in particular. That said, there was a hoverboard released in 2014 (The Hendo Hoverboard) that had such extreme limitations as to be non-viable in the real world (It required a constant metallic surface; I believe it had to be a copper one, though I could be wrong). So I would like to see an actual tech article about this one before becoming excited about it.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You should write for buzzfeed. Great title.
    I did not write it:

http://time.com/3894959/hoverboard-guinness-records/

I do not write any of the titles... They are usually copy-pasted verbatim. I only modify them if they are too long, or too obscure.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

There has to be a "less than meets the eye" catch there somewhere. There always is.

The hoverboard is a very enjoyable self-balancing scooter for kids and teens. Riding on the hoverboard is not easy. You have to learn it how to ride on a hoverboard. Most kids get injuries due to lack of proper training. I found few helpful article on how to ride a hoverboard.
    Last edited by robinson325; 2019-03-19 at 05:18 AM.

So it's basically a big drone that you can strap your feet to.

Helicopter you can stand on. Cool

He's riding a drone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Jesus, this place has degraded into the spam bullshit you see at the bottom of websites. Clickbaity "You wouldn't believe what happened next" drivel.

Looks very safe.

Amount of people falling with the 2 wheeler hover board... I wouldn't trust the general public with this unless you want plenty of videos of people getting seriously hurt, missing fingers and forelimbs, or killed.

It’s more of a drone then actually Hoverboard which requires a lot of electromagnetic stories be practical

Cool heavy duty drone.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Yawn. A propeller board that has what, 2-3 minutes of gas and you need a lot of practice I'm sure to keep steady. Yeah, go Canada.

The future of civilization!