Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What part of "Compare this to the patches MoP had" did you not understand?
    Or was this yet another one of your poor attempts to deflect away from the point to cheer the current shitty game direction?
    Yes, again. Let's compare it to pandarias patches. Where there was 14 months of NOTHING at the end of it, compared to dragonflight which seems to be likely to have only a couple months.

But if you do wanna compare patches, how about we for example compare 5.3 which added a couple new quests, world event in the barrens, a battleground, and 3 scenarios. Such a huge major patch yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and thats ignoring actual mop patches most of which had less content than DF MINOR patches...
    Remember mop .3 patch which was...
    Some mobs in the barrens and a questline to prep for .4
    Such a major patch right?
    Also wait, didn't mop also only have 3 raid tiers?
    The 3 intro raids was the first tier
    Then there was isle of thunder
    Then there was siege of orgrimmar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    What do you mean thats not how that works? we've had plenty of expansions with 4 raid teirs
    Plenty? You mean 2?
    Wrath of the Lich King and BFA were the only expansions. With 4 raid tiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Really do miss having 4 raid tiers. And even side raids to do.
    I do too. I miss wrath of the Lich King and BFA. The only time we EVER had 4 raid tiers in an expansion.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2024-04-16 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

and thats ignoring actual mop patches most of which had less content than DF MINOR patches...
    I'm sure you want to believe that...;

• 5.1 Landfall

• 5.2 The Thunder King

• 5.3 Escalation

• 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar

...had less content than the couple of useless patches df had that not many bothered with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, again. Let's compare it to pandarias patches. Where there was 14 months of NOTHING at the end of it, compared to dragonflight which seems to be likely to have only a couple months.
    Again, the useless deflection. You want to compare the end when the midst of the game is getting scrutiny.
    Df doesn't compare at all against one of the best expansions...Indeed you seem to acknowledge that very point.

that not many bothered with.
    whats your source for this? i would like to know the data you are looking at to say such a thing

• 5.1 Landfall

• 5.2 The Thunder King

• 5.3 Escalation

• 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar

...had less content than the couple of useless patches df had that not many bothered with.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, the useless deflection. You want to compare the end when the midst of the game is getting scrutiny.
    Df doesn't compare at all against one of the best expansions...Indeed you seem to acknowledge that very point.
    I'd take Battlefield Barrens being permanent over any DF content. It's so dumb imo that it was time limited. Sure you could get the Dungeon tier 2 appearances via Darkmoon Faire but just phase it with the NPC like they do for other zones.

Man forum posters are WEIRD, yall talk funny.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

But if you do wanna compare patches, how about we for example compare 5.3 which added a couple new quests, world event in the barrens, a battleground, and 3 scenarios. Such a huge major patch yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Remember mop .3 patch which was...
    Some mobs in the barrens and a questline to prep for .4
    Such a major patch right?
    Also wait, didn't mop also only have 3 raid tiers?
    The 3 intro raids was the first tier
    Then there was isle of thunder
    Then there was siege of orgrimmar.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty? You mean 1?
    Wrath of the Lich King was the only expansion. With 4 raid tiers.

- - - Updated - - -

I do too. I miss wrath of the Lich King. The only time we EVER had 4 raid tiers in an expansion.
    BfA, Legion also had 4 raid tiers. BfA had Uldir, BoD, Eternal Palace and Nya'lotha. Legion had Emerald Nightmare/Trial of Valor, Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus.

snip
    not really what i said, i said some mop major patches had less content than some df minor patches

5.1 - questline, class tuning
    5.3 - barrens event, few new scenarios
    we got pretty much the amount of content from two major patches of mop in EVERY SINGLE minor patch in DF...

5.2 and 5.4 got a lot, but so did DF major patches....

you might not like DF content, you have right to your opinion, but denying there was A LOT of it is simply factually incorrect
    Last edited by Lolites; 2024-04-16 at 12:45 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

• 5.1 Landfall

• 5.2 The Thunder King

• 5.3 Escalation

• 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar

what a ridiculous thing to say. The minor patches of MoP (the non raid ones) had next to nothing other than a questline and a slightly changed zone. the minor patches in DF, which were far more numerous than the ones in DF, gave us a lot more to do overall. Just because YOU didn't bother with any of it doesn't magically make it null and void content.

Wrath of the Lich King was the only expansion. With 4 raid tiers.
    BFA and Legion had 4 each
    also, wrath had 4, 1 of which was not new (nax), or had basicaly 3 new 1 boss raids, but if thats considered tier DF had 4 world bosses, so why not consider that "tier"

7+ Year Old Account

• 5.1 Landfall

• 5.2 The Thunder King

• 5.3 Escalation

• 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar

- - - Updated - - -

Landfall was literally no raid, just some new stuff in kasarang wilds
    escalation was barrens world content.

Neither of those were "major patches"
    Yes, they had less content then "a couple of useless patches DF had"
    "You want to compare the end when the midst of the game is getting scrutnity"
    Bro we are not "in the middle" we are at the end of the expansion? why are you trying to compare the end of dragonflight, to the middle of MoP? Can you get any less genuine to try and go "UMM ACTUALLY END OF DRAGONFLIGHT IS WORSE THEN START OF MOP!"

- - - Updated - - -

also, wrath had 4, 1 of which was not new (nax), or had basicaly 3 new 1 boss raids, but if thats considered tier DF had 4 world bosses, so why not consider that "tier"
    BFA had 4 true, but legion did not.
    Tier 1= Emerald nightmare + Halls of Valor + Nighthold Tier 2= Tomb of Sargeras tier 3= argus.
    Also DF world bosses are not considered tier because they do not contain a "tier"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    BfA, Legion also had 4 raid tiers. BfA had Uldir, BoD, Eternal Palace and Nya'lotha. Legion had Emerald Nightmare/Trial of Valor, Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus.
    Emerald nightmare, trial of valor, and nighthold were all the same tier.
    But yes I had forgotten BFA, you are correct.

BFA had 4 true, but legion did not.
    Tier 1= Emerald nightmare + Halls of Valor + Nighthold Tier 2= Tomb of Sargeras tier 3= argus.
    Also DF world bosses are not considered tier because they do not contain a "tier"
    this whole discussion about raid tiers is pointless anyways, imo. its just a distraction from the wider 'content' discussion. raids, let alone raid tiers, are becoming a slimmer part of the total content in the game. obviously you guys both know that DF has a shit ton of content, but only 3 raids

7+ Year Old Account
    You got a source on that btw? or you just gunna continue to cherry pick evidance and supply zero sources?
    I mean what should I expect from the guy trying to pretend landfall and escalation were actual full size patches.
    next you gunna tell me wod had sooooo much content cause it had a .1 patch. One that's main selling feature was the fucking selfie cam.

Dragonflight's minor patches have had more content then most "major" patches of the past. I mean in what fucking minor patch EVER let alone MAJOR PATCH have we EVER gotten a new spec, and new play archtype like we did in dragonflight?

The remix (and "Plunderstorm" shit) is a cheap way to keep the subscription money coming. Compare this to the patches MoP had.
    Agreed. Would rather have patch content than these fomo game modes myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Agreed. Would rather have patch content than these fomo game modes myself.
    Holy fuck, literally everyone agrees.
    But we do not live in a vaccum.
    I rather eat a grade A tomahawk steak instead of the spicey ramen I made.
    But it is not so simple as to just go "well just have a tomahawk steak instead!"
    Same way with game development.
    Yes, anyone, literally anyone would rather have patch content instead of these simple modes. But guess what, these take FAR less dev time then an actual patch, and yes, they could reelease a new patch instead, but instead of the expansion being releasing in alpha in this week, it would not be for a few months.

The fated season, these events, are low effort but enjoyable experiences that give players options of stuff to do while they wait for the new expansion, meaning yes it is less exciting, but it is FAR better then nothing.

I rather 10 months with a couple re-worked and repurposed things, some fun events, and some optional side content.

Then 14 months with FUCKING NOTHING.

When you are hungry, REALLY hungry, and just need something to fill your stomach. Are you gunna go make that yummy packet of ramen that takes like 10 minutes and costs 1$ or are you going to go buy a 30$ steak, dry age it for a week, then spend a couple hours cooking it?