Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Loot Trading in Classic

Loot Trading in Classic
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    At BlizzCon 2018, we talked about how we plan to keep loot trading in World of Warcraft Classic. We added loot trading in Wrath of the Lich King to solve a common problem: a player could accidentally loot an item meant for another player or give it to the wrong person using Master Loot. They would then have to contact Blizzard to get the item moved to the intended recipient, which might take days. We wanted to keep loot trading in WoW Classic because the end result is the same – the correct person gets the item – and it’ll save everyone time.

But we heard your concerns about the potential for abuse of the loot trading system in parties of five. It’s possible that abusive play could take the form of a group of four players colluding to deny loot to a stranger who joined their party as a pick-up. Raid groups, being much larger, come with more understanding on the part of solo players that loot distribution can depend on the whims of the many players and raid leaders who know each other.

Taking that into consideration, we’ve decided that the two-hour loot trading system in WoW Classic will only apply to soulbound gear that drops in raids. Soulbound loot that drops in five-person content will not be tradeable at any time. What we hope to do is to strike a balance between saving players time and minimizing the potential for abuse of the system. We think this approach better addresses the concerns we’ve heard from players on the subject.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds suspiciously sensible.

Fair enough.

Omg it's not vanilla anymoroeor][ewoirwtr[w

Very good.

It's 2019, not 2004.

Solving thousands of tickets per day, unnecessarily, when something like this can be easily automated, would be a waste of GM time.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 all the purists rage "BUT ITS NOT CLASSIC IF YOU CHANGE OR BALANCE ANYTHING!"

Surprising change for Blizz to go with but always welcomed.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I dont understand. How does this prevent the abuse mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    If you're raiding -> you are doign it with people you trust.

If you're doing a dungeon with other 4 people from the same guild group -> they'll rather give drops each other than you.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Their only concern is 5 man groups locking one player out from getting loot.

In raids they think its more understandable that raid leaders choose who loot goes to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If the loot isn't able to be traded you don't get 4 ppl rolling need on every item so they can trade it to each other.
    Sounds very reasonable.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If the loot isn't able to be traded you don't get 4 ppl rolling need on every item so they can trade it to each other.
    Ah i see thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid groups, being much larger, come with more understanding on the part of solo players that loot distribution can depend on the whims of the many players and raid leaders who know each other.
    How this is NOT a problem in Classic but it is in Modern ?

Well at least they're listening.

I doubt raid PUGs will even exist for MC, at least for the first months. UBRS and ZG will be risky though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    Personal loot in Modern.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    It's about staying as close to Vanilla as possible. If they could do retail's loot system in Classic without there being a huge shitstorm they probably would because it would mean a lot less work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post

I doubt raid PUGs will even exist for MC, at least for the first months. UBRS and ZG will be risky though.
    Will this even apply to UBRS loot? It's technically a "raid" but it's really just a glorified dungeon with dungeon loot.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Holy shit the Classic team is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Will this even apply to UBRS loot? It's technically a "raid" but it's really just a glorified dungeon with dungeon loot.
    Good point. I have absolutely no idea how they'll determine the threshold, guess we'll need to wait for more details from the Classic team.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post

I don't think it will apply to UBRS. It's a half of a dungeon. Raids have green portals while dungeons have blue.

Nice.

These announcements are quite the rollecoaster