Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Please, clam down long enough to read my post from start to finish. My point is she’s NOT the president and has quickly become the rights boogieman and they push that narrative constantly. This really REALLY isn’t as hard to grasp as you’re making it out to be.
    I'd got back to trumps wall, makes your statement look less dumb.

*(As I said someone seemingly surprised that someone with really left leaning ideas for the US getting a lot of press from right leaning news sites).

Yes I was so surprised by this I didn’t even get around to saying how “surprised” I was.

This is embarrassing.

It’s not at all surprising, it’s pitifully predictable.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2019-03-25 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I did miss read the wall statement but I could not fathom someone surprised with a "very" outspoken new politician getting so much coverage.
    Wall to wall is very US term. And hes not wrong, the right will pick up anything she does that that can mock. But his claim that the left never does is pure ideological blindness.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Yes I was so surprised by this I didn’t even get around to saying how “surprised” I was.

This is embarrassing.

It’s not at all surprising, it’s pitifully predictable.
    well if you're going on how I'm spelling on my phone and nothing else to attack me on (if that's for me) I'll guess it's over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Wall to wall is very US term. And hes not wrong, the right will pick up anything she does that that can mock. But his claim that the left never does is pure ideological blindness.
    I had a rough nite and a number of shots of fireball (Birthday was yesterday).

My point is both sides do, do it, no surprise there, so not sure why he even brought it up.

well if you're going on how I'm spelling on my phone and nothing else to attack me on (if that's for me) I'll guess it's over.
    See, again you’re pulling things out of thin air that no one said. So yeah, it is over. I already said I don’t agree with everything said about Trump but clearly that’s too reasonable a stance to have when Trolls are out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    I've read and reread my post several times now, and I don't get where you get this idea I am accusing you of that from. Sorry if my articulation comes across as accusatory, it wasn't intentional. I was trying to address your dismissiveness regarding the issue not blame you as a perpetrator.

Just to clarify:
    You're not okay with death threats
    You feel she was unprepared for the ramifications of her actions
    You feel she could have done more herself to alleviate the issue
    You feel that because she wasn't prepared she isn't entitled to any extra sympathy
    You don't believe she is in any real danger

Is this an appropriate summary of your thoughts on the issue?
    Yes that's very reasonable summary of my feelings. Add add that this article makes loose with terms so as to paint the perpetrators as anyone to the right. Every ideology is going to have extremists, and ill ecvn admit that right wing ideology will bring them out more so..but only when we feel our ways of life are threatened.

With the point of the article in mind and my feelings on politicians and death threats towards them known, I see very little reason to care. If say the article had be about a death threat that was completely ignored which turned out to be legit, leading to her endangerment, then my level of care would rise significantly.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

See, again you’re pulling things out of thin air that no one said. So yeah, it is over. I already said I don’t agree with everything said about Trump but clearly that’s too reasonable a stance to have when Trolls are out and about.
    So you were just wasting our time, and her coverage is not out of the norm.

So you were just wasting our time, and her coverage is not out of the norm.
    About as much as your wasting mine with your disingenuous behavior. So the feeling is mutual.

About as much as your wasting mine with your disingenuous behavior. So the feeling is mutual.
    So you're saying it's only happening to her and no one on the left-press does the same thing.... and I'm the one being disingenuous?, or am I putting words into your mouth or it was a waste of time to even bring up her coverage amount in the first place.

So you're saying it's only happening to her and no one on the left-press does the same thing....
    feel free to quote me where I said anything to that effect.

and I'm the one being disingenuous or am I putting words into your mouth
    no it's definitely both.

no it's definitely both.
    So you had no point at all? My first take into this thread was accusing both side of being the problem and fueling each other and you had to chime in with your snide remark

Lol, you’re really doing a terrible job trying to come off as reasonable here.
    so what else can I think, that you believe that only one side does it or you're just wasting our time.

Right, you live under a rock or don’t care about the wall to wall right wing coverage AOC gets so you can make the totally not disingenuous argument that both sides behavior is the exact same. I’d love to see this endless stream of coverage from the left on some random Republican congressperson, but something tells me that’s not happening at all.
    my guess is his defence of this will be that hes referring to current news only and not things done in the relatively recent past.

So you had no point at all? My first take into this thread was accusing both side of being the problem and fueling each other and you had to chime in with your snide remark
    yeah, after you called another poster an extremist for no real reason what so ever. it was to point out your hypocrisy.

yeah, when you called another poster an extremist for no real reason what so ever. it was to point out your hypocrisy.
    No reason huh (I did need a laugh today)... (Guess if you're the same time of extremist as they are, they look normal)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-03-25 at 03:40 PM. Reason: assumed gender fixed.

You publicly say crazy antagonistic things, you're gonna attract the attention of crazy antagonistic people.

I assume Trump gets a lot more death threats than Obama did.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    You publicly says crazy antagonistic things, you're gonna attract the attention of crazy antagonistic people.

I assume Trump gets a lot more death threats than Obama did.
    oh no trump would never get death threats..the left is above such things, ask Sky High.

No reason huh (I did need a laugh today)... (Guess if you're the same time of extremist as they are, they look normal)
    well, no reason other than it's easier to be a hypocrite than not in your mind.

well, no reason other than it's easier to be a hypocrite than not in your mind.
    Right, person blaming both sides is the Hypocrite, makes sense.
    (even after statements by others, that both sides do it).

Oh he won't talk about what i pointed out, he has me on ignore.

Because being hyperbolic and calling people extremists (cause reasons) doesn’t have the positive effect you think it does.