Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only 2k? I'm sure I'm in the 5k range by now if you include merchandise. If you include Blizzcon trips? More than 5k.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    But then you remember you can buy games for 60$ and enjoy them for 10 years or so.
    Few hundred tops. Unless it's Paradox for me.

Heck my computer cost more than 15 years of Wow.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It's really not up to you to decide what other people find worthy of their time, effort or money.

And in the same period i have paid about 78k in rent. 36k for food and if i would have gone to a movie once a month, it would have cost me about 2500

But who in their right mind would be subscribed every single month lol

I think the only games that can beat my played/paid ratio in World of Warcraft are Paradox games. And that's only because I don't buy all the optional content like unit packs and so on.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Ive spent more than that last year only on steam ps4 and switch games lol.. and weed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    Who pays for wow...? I sure as hell don't, haven't since cata but that is another story. The game is worth it to me because I pay everything in gold. I have 15 million gold. Anyone can literally pay their sub now effortlessly with gold.
    Im playing since vanilla and never got more than 400k lol... i dont like camping the AH

Still the cheapest entertainment you could get.. well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I play a lot of a games, its my hobby. Since december 2003, when i started my steam account. Thats 5.562 days as of writing this. thats a about 15 years and a few months. I have spent 13518 dollars on steam. If its only 2230 bucks for wow for the same time, a game im playing daily most of the time, and weekly in the downtimes. Then yeah, ive got my moneys worth. I have played wow more then all the games ive bought on steam combined

- - - Updated - - -

if you abused the fucked up economy in wod and later in Legion, sure, You do not pay for wow in gold effortlessly now in bfa if you don't have a large gold reserve. You are hardly getting anything in, no mission tables, nothing. Yeah, you might be selling boosts for gold, but that requires great effort and most players are not doing this
    You are cute lol. I've made more than 20 million this expansion. The expac I played the least in was WoD. I literally hated every aspect of it. I went into legion with 2 million gold ( which I had made my first million in cata, hit another million in MoP, though I skipped most of the expac like WoD ) and ended it with a bit over 4 million. Now in BFA, I can make 1 million gold profit ( not total revenue, actual profit ) each week. In the darkmoon card hayday of this expac, I made around 10 million in 5 weeks. I could easily pump out 2 million a week just through darkmoon decks. Don't speak about making gold if you think mission tables = gold making. The economy god fucked up because of people exploiting the raw gold income. Now all of you noobs haven't a clue on how to actually make money through the AH. And yes, you are a noob when it comes to gold. Period. Have@thee. BTW, I don't even remember posting what you replied to. I rarely log in on this site, though I read through the forums a lot. So expect late responses like this one :P

Today I realised it have been 172 months since WoW's launch. And if you have been around since launch and paid 6 months sub it's 2236$.
    Seeing how high the total cost is it starts to feel like a scam, no game is worth 2236$. We really should get more with the money we have paid.
    Blizzard had about 400,000 WoW subscribers at launch in 2004. Since then, the numbers have been up and down, but they haven't been lower than that, AS FAR AS WE KNOW. So let's just say that since then, 400,000 subsribers have paid 15 dollars each month, for the past 172 months.

One month of 400,000 subscribers x $15 = $6,000,000 ---> $6,000,000 x 172 months = $1,032,000,000 since the launch of World Of Warcraft!

So a playerbase of just 400,000 WoW subscribers paying exactly $15 a month for 172 months, not including the millions of subscribers who have come, gone or have taken breaks, would have netted Blizzard about 1 Billion dollars in revenue, over a period of 14 1/2 years. Imagine how much Blizzard has made off their other subscribers AND people that have bought or supported other Blizzard titles since then.

Plus you pay for expansions. So it's not even fair to say "what other one game would you play for 15 years". Because you can't fairly compare WoW to a single release of one game. It's more like what other series of games would you play for 15 years, buying a new release every 2 or so years.

And you have to compare like with like. Video games with video games. It doesn't matter how much movies, beer and pizza, clubbing, lazer tag, etc would have cost over that time period. Those are entirely different products.

You can keep all the money you earn and take it with you when you die and get buried. I will dig it out and take if off from you, try to stop me. Life/fun costs money, big news. WoW has one of the best money to value ratios you can get. Well unless you sub and have no fun, but you wouldn't do that, would you?
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-08 at 10:50 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be less than that for me since I didn't start playing until the game was already over a year old, and I haven't been actively subscribed to the game that whole time anyway (unsubscribed for little breaks here and there, unsubscribed pretty much all of WoD, etc).

Also even if we were talking about the full amount, $2236 is still a drop in the bucket when it's stretched out over that many years. I'm not rich (nowhere near it, actually), but $15 a month is hardly something I'm going to go broke over.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-04-09 at 06:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I’ve probably spent nearly that over the last two years alone... three accounts, numerous character boosts (via ship), misc. shop purchases, and frequent token purchases during periods where I’ve not been playing the AH. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    Blizzard had about 400,000 WoW subscribers at launch in 2004. Since then, the numbers have been up and down, but they haven't been lower than that, AS FAR AS WE KNOW. So let's just say that since then, 400,000 subsribers have paid 15 dollars each month, for the past 172 months.

One month of 400,000 subscribers x $15 = $6,000,000 ---> $6,000,000 x 172 months = $1,032,000,000 since the launch of World Of Warcraft!

So a playerbase of just 400,000 WoW subscribers paying exactly $15 a month for 172 months, not including the millions of subscribers who have come, gone or have taken breaks, would have netted Blizzard about 1 Billion dollars in revenue, over a period of 14 1/2 years. Imagine how much Blizzard has made off their other subscribers AND people that have bought or supported other Blizzard titles since then.
    And on top of that you didn’t add in the cost in the game and xpaks those 400k spent over that time

Doesn't hold a candle to my bar tab over the same time period or what my ex wife took. Wow is still a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    No house is worth half a million dollars...
    No car is worth more than 20 grand...
    No wall is worth five million...

Yet plenty of people are lining up for those.

$2.5 grand over the course of fifteen years is nothing compared to those.

Name one game you bought fifteen years ago that you still actively play every day
    I mean it's been 12 years but that's close enough. An extremely modified TES: Oblivion.

But then you remember you can buy games for 60$ and enjoy them for 10 years or so.
    Seriously what game did you buy for 60$ that you played the same amount of time 2000$ worth of sub gives you?

Absolutely none of them.

You know what else? You can just go play outside for free for 15 years. Have fun with tree branches and grass and bugs.

To be fair, no other game has given me the same amount of entertaintment. Its been worth it all the way.

In fact, I have probably saved money. If it hadnt been for wow I would probably have spendt more money on alot of games.

They've gotten much more from me and every penny was handed over gladly. $30-$45 a month (depending on how many accounts I want up) is nothing and I certainly can't think of any other form of entertainment that's that cheap and is as much fun.

Today I realised it have been 172 months since WoW's launch. And if you have been around since launch and paid 6 months sub it's 2236$.
    Seeing how high the total cost is it starts to feel like a scam, no game is worth 2236$. We really should get more with the money we have paid.
    You know how pathetic you are if this is what you have to resort to in order to bash the game?

there is no other source of entertainment you get the same ROI on in existance, and you dont even realize that for quite a lot of people 2200 is a month of rent
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day