Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Give Alliance a war mode penalty

Here's a good fix for lopsided world PvP that worked in Wintergrasp:

If you attack an enemy while he is alone but you are in a group, you get "dishonorable" debuff: your stats are reduced as a function of by how many people you outnumber the enemy. If you attack a solo person with a 2 man group, your stats are reduced by 50%. If you attack a solo player with a 3 man group, your stats are reduced by 67%.

If the Alliance insists on turning every fight into a one-sided gankfest, at least give us a chance to fight back.

Or, go in with a group.

Horde complaining about Warmode never gets old lol
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

while im not entirely against the idea, you don't want to make the penalty so bad as to disincentive grouping up at all.

getting your stats cut by 50/67% is way to insane, that basically turns you into a fresh dinged 120 who just falls over.

and don't forget the reverse scenario either, imagine 3 people are fighting a elite WQ mob, and 1 opposite faction guy runs in, cutting stats by 2/3rds and making the mob actually quite dangerous.

also the entire idea would work out better if you buff the outnumbered players, instead of nerfing the outnumbering players.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-04-09 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

If you attack an enemy while he is alone but you are in a group, you get "dishonorable" debuff: your stats are reduced as a function of by how many people you outnumber the enemy. If you attack a solo person with a 2 man group, your stats are reduced by 50%. If you attack a solo player with a 3 man group, your stats are reduced by 67%.

If the Alliance insists on turning every fight into a one-sided gankfest, at least give us a chance to fight back.
    You are horde?
    Complaining about world pvp?

WoW!

Or just remove warmode bonuses (ap/gold and weekly quests) and stop forcing players to turn this shit on.
    Most players have warmode on only for bonus, not for PvP anyway...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not like horde players don't do it too..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sure, I'll accept such a thing... so long as it affects both factions. If Horde are grouping up on solo people, they should also get the same debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah..hahaha..

Sure let's pretend it's only the Alliance turning everything into a gank fest
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account

I love seeing Horde complain about Warmode. You're experiencing how Warmode was for Alliance until they buffed the buff. I'll say to you what was said to us, regardless of how well thought out or reasonable you were being.

If you don't like it, turn it off.

Find some friends, form a group. Stop your whining. Or stop playing if you can't take it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I love seeing Horde complain about Warmode. You're experiencing how Warmode was for Alliance until they buffed the buff. I'll say to you what was said to us, regardless of how well thought out or reasonable you were being.

If you don't like it, turn it off.
    Yeah I love it watching horde players get all irate over warmode, pretty much shows that they love it when they have the advantage.. But when they no longer have that advantage they whinge and want things like what is suggested in the OP..

5+ Year Old Account
    Trying to enforce 'honor' rules in pvp games never works out, which is why no game with pvp does it as far as I'm aware. It's not exactly like you have no options either, turn off warmode or get some friends to play with or hell even randoms.

Then again I feel like a big fat fish on a hook replying to this thread.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I know I am repeating everyone in here, but yeah. Just turn off war mode? Problem solved!
    It's what almost all Alliance did for the first biiiig part of BfA.

If you absolutely have to have war mode on, then do a faction transfer to Alliance or stop whining about it.
    And if you do faction transfer, then when Horde starts ganging up on you, then you can transfer back. Problem solved again!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

this would easily result in groups keeping 1 person solo to debuff other attacking groups and then the ganking would resume. terrible idea

I wonder how many hours they corpsecamp you that you have to constantly make war mode threads.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    I know I am repeating everyone in here, but yeah. Just turn off war mode? Problem solved!
    It's what almost all Alliance did for the first biiiig part of BfA.

If you absolutely have to have war mode on, then do a faction transfer to Alliance or stop whining about it.
    And if you do faction transfer, then when Horde starts ganging up on you, then you can transfer back. Problem solved again!
    So your argument is: if there's a problem with how content is going don't bother trying to fix it, just don't do it? Ok, let's try that. Bug on a raid boss making it unkillable? Don't ask for a bug fix, you're just whining. just don't raid. Spell behaving in a weird way and pulling mobs on the other side of a dungeon wiping a raid? Don't ask for it to be fixed, you're just whining, just don't use that spell.

Every time I see the "if you don't like it turn WM off" canned response from the brainless it makes me want to slap everyone in the zone with the infamous Picard facepalm meme.

10+ Year Old Account

I think the answer can be found in what the Horde had to say in the beginning, 'You probably should turn warmode off if you dont want to PVP, or go with a group'... Seems like very sage advice when it was given before, and just as sage to give now.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So your argument is: if there's a problem with how content is going don't bother trying to fix it, just don't do it? Ok, let's try that. Bug on a raid boss making it unkillable? Don't ask for a bug fix, you're just whining. just don't raid. Spell behaving in a weird way and pulling mobs on the other side of a dungeon wiping a raid? Don't ask for it to be fixed, you're just whining, just don't use that spell.

Every time I see the "if you don't like it turn WM off" canned response from the brainless it makes me want to slap everyone in the zone with the infamous Picard facepalm meme.
    Yes. Clearly that is what I meant by it.
    To clarify what I meant: I do not want Blizzard to ever touch anything in the game ever again. No matter what bug or issue is there, it must not be fixed.
    Obviously it is preposterous to even expect Blizzard to fix things. I say they should have a total hands off approach. Basically throw away the source code and let the game just chug along with no changes ever again.
    Like I honestly don't even see why anyone would ever want anything to change in the game - If a thing is how it is, it must be for a reason. I mean, duh. There cannot be any reason for any change anywhere ever, for any reason at all.

Alternatively, it could be meant as how it is hilarious that the faction that had free warmode for months now is the underdog and gets beaten up only to then cry about it. Back then, I saw plenty of posts going "Lol, turn it off" if they complained about pvp being unfair.
    Personally, I don't care for pvp or war mode. I use it for leveling boosts as long as I get left alone - If not, then I turn it off. Basically like I initially posted.
    Last edited by zyx; 2019-04-09 at 03:20 PM.

Tell your friends to turn WM back on. The Alliance is still outnumbered. The WM buff clearly indicates this. Its just more even now.

I play wit WM on all the time on both sides the whole expansion. Its still easier on my Horde toon.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.