Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frayed tauren View Post
    You win this year's hyperbolic Orwellian language award for describing the playing of a video game in a way that people find more enjoyable as "abuse", a term redolent of paedophiles and wife-beaters.

Nothing was "abused" here - people had fun people playing a video game they paid for and were banned by a billion dollar corporation that can't code its own game properly and blames the players for it, egged on by nauseating corporate moralists like you.
    Hypothetical example: i enjoy playing warhammer fantasy and MTG using homecast and printed cards, because i don't have to deal with miniature shortage and random bullshit to get cards that i want. Is that fine in your book, because it's playing a game in a way i find more enjoyable?

Another example: if i use wpe pro to alter cost of bank-dinosaur mount to 1 copper, because i enjoy playing the game in this way more that's also fine?

Bug exploit is an exploit anyways, it's your "duty" as a player to not exploit bugs (as you yourself agreed to do in EULA, if common sense and sportsmanship in a multiplayer game are just fart sounds to you). Using excuses like "oh, blizzard didn't do anything yet about it, so it must me fine" is simply dishonest, it's obviously a bug, and you are obviously exploiting it to get multiple 120s for whatever reason (doubt that to play them all, more likely running character-exclusive content for gains, or mustering an army of bots to do mechanar chest runs for profit)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's a byproduct of people seeing an obvious exploit of unintended use, and choosing to hit it thinking so many were doing it they couldn't possibly get punished.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frayed tauren View Post
    So cheating=playing the game better than you and you being sore for missing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    OR you know they could just fix their fuck up and move on, let the people that were smart enough to exploit the issue keep whatever they earned and move on.
    I'd quote more people, but in general, i get some sort of correlation, between "exploiting = being smarter than everyone else" and looking for excuses to get sympathy when you get banned or called out. It's hilariously ironic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This would be like me buying a car and the dealership accidentally gave me the V8 option instead of the V6 option I paid for and then calling me back a week later and saying hey we screwed up bring the car back and pay us the difference for it. At the end of the day Blizzards ineptitude does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    And by the way, that would be exactly what would happen in your case. If you bought V6 and was shipped V8 instead, you have to return V8, because you haven't even paid for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    You are so beyond delusional (probably because you did get banned) that you claim that if a tech company has some kind of bug and then I find out about it and exploit it IT IS OKAY BECAUSE THEY HAD THE BUG AND IT COULDN'T BE IN ANY WAY ILLEGAL. What?
    Legality is irrelevant, you accept rules of blizzard when you use their product, they leave themselves an option to ban you for whatever they feel like, regardless of what you are doing. It's not illegal to call GMs mother a hamster, but you certainly can be banned for that according to EULA and you'll have to case in court. So yeah, why the fuck some people are so attached to legality?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They changed leveling in 7.3.5 in preparation for Allied Races coming a few months later.
    and it got better, compared to pre 7.3.5
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If by better you mean takes longer then sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by better you mean takes longer then sure.
    I'm not surprised that it's your only concern, a lot of players think that "long leveling = bad". Leveling has problems, but speed is not one of them

I'm not surprised that it's your only concern, a lot of players think that "long leveling = bad". Leveling has problems, but speed is not one of them
    What else am I supposed to care about leveling? It's not challenging, I've done it multiple times. It's simply a chore at this point in WoW's life. So yes, long leveling is bad.

did not Method Josh get banned for 1 month on his main account?

I'd quote more people, but in general, i get some sort of correlation, between "exploiting = being smarter than everyone else" and looking for excuses to get sympathy when you get banned or called out. It's hilariously ironic

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, that would be exactly what would happen in your case. If you bought V6 and was shipped V8 instead, you have to return V8, because you haven't even paid for it

- - - Updated - - -

Legality is irrelevant, you accept rules of blizzard when you use their product, they leave themselves an option to ban you for whatever they feel like, regardless of what you are doing. It's not illegal to call GMs mother a hamster, but you certainly can be banned for that according to EULA and you'll have to case in court. So yeah, why the fuck some people are so attached to legality?

- - - Updated - - -

I could care less if I got banned, but the whole getting banned from a video game you pay for is dumb. I see no issue with what the people did, at the end of the day they got Blizz to fix their screw up. I abused the shit outta the Snake Trap bug back in the day, to this day some of the best memories I had were of totally annihilating Goldshire with my hunter and the snake trap bug. Then go hide on the Inn roof, and wait for the max level's to show up from SW and kill snipe them because 90% of them couldn't get on the roof.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easier? No, leveling takes much longer post 7.3.5.
    1 day 9 hours and 43 minutes is longer? It really isn't bad. It is certainly easier that you things scale with you. You can spend most of your time in a few zones instead of traveling all over the place. It also is easier that you can move to the zones you want and level. if you want.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    1 day 9 hours and 43 minutes is longer? It really isn't bad. It is certainly easier that you things scale with you. You can spend most of your time in a few zones instead of traveling all over the place. It also is easier that you can move to the zones you want and level. if you want.
    35 hours /played is about average. Someone who got all heirlooms, enchants, and potions could get it down to 30-32 hours with a mix of bgs, 5mans, and a little questing.

The dudes who turn on AAP to make leveling even more braindead would likely get it down to the 25ish hours range.

But dont let those numbers fool you. Leveling takes way too long. Just ask the vocal majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me people are confused about what went down.
    -The exploit wasn't simply clicking on the exp pots very fast. It was about de-stacking them and putting them in other inventory slots, one-for-one. This sort of process is something you NEVER do casually, and the de-stacking process has been used for other exploits in the past. Everyone should have known better.

-Blizzard could have warned players against using it, true. But they didn't, and they are the law around here, so tough luck.

As I said last time: I don't blame exploiters for what they did, because leveling sucks major ass and if I still cared about the game I would probably have done that too. But there is literally no point in discussing the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunderkola View Post
    did not Method Josh get banned for 1 month on his main account?
    He got banned for quite a few things actually. Obviously one of them was that he showed the exploit off on his stream and encouraged it.

And yes, they could have communicated better, but that's not justification for people's actions when they knew better.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*