Poll: Are they the same?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Everybody is pretty nuts. When I was a kid I always imagined adults behaved better than I did. Maybe the occasional insulting via those political cartoons. But it's legitimately middle school yard bullying out there.

People are nuts for different reasons and in different ways obviously, but I just wish we could actually sit down and talk about things and come to compromises that benefit everyone, like adults, instead of acting like animals. It's kind of the whole point of having a government with more than just a king or dictator in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats = badly stubbed toe with a cracked nail
    Republicans = compound fracture of your femur

Both suck, but come on.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

In some countries - yes, to a degree.

In the US - no, really no. The right wing has shifted far to the right in the last few decades.

If I had to speculate - most other Anglophone countries have at least one major far right party. Eg, Australia has One Nation, Britain has UKIP et al. In the US, the far right votes for the mainstream right wing party. Makes it impossible for the right to separate itself from the racist psychos and contain them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Instead of focusing on some nebulous personalities on either side that we may approve or disapprove of why not just look at the voting records.

House Vote for Net Neutrality 2011

*snip*

No. Both sides are not the same. They have wildly different priorities.
    Upvoted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

One side has simply been better at playing the game...and the other side is slowly fading into the dustbin of history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    In the Soviet Union, the Lenin / Stalin types promised food, shelter and a better life to all if they adopted communism. Once they took power, the first thing they did was a series of purges. Anyone who joined the communist party out of opportunism was killed or sent to a labor camp. Anyone who joined but didn't adopt 100% of the party platform was killed or sent to a labor camp. They had taken control and the next step was purity control.

Had you lived in those times, you would have supported the revolution and then once it was successful, you'd have probably been taken back out behind the garage and shot in the head.

When you experience people on the left attacking you for not being 100% true to party, that is where it is coming from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge
    You are aware that your wikipedia link is proofing you wrong?

The first thing... yeah.... they took 15 years to do the first thing?

If you try to make a historic comparison, at least learn history...