Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah, the priviledge of being rich. Guess it matters more than skin color after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Ah, the priviledge of being rich.
    He's a two bit actor. Dude's not rich.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I especially love this part:

"But Chicago police said Mr Smollett had paid two brothers, both of whom are black, $3,500 to stage the attack because he was "dissatisfied with his salary" on the TV show.
    His lawyer maintained outside court on Tuesday that the cheque was for nutrition and physical training.
    Ms Holmes also alleged that brothers Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo, who apologised for "their involvement in this situation" earlier this month, were Mr Smollett's attackers.
    "We already know who attacked him," the lawyer told reporters. "The two brothers have said that they attacked him.""

Just no comments...
    Nothing really seems far fetched there the two could have had some grudge and actually attacked him though it’s unlikely any facts either way would be found.

Very strange situation. To me the worst part is not that he wasted police resources (which is bad), but that presumably someone else could have been charged and convicted for the crime that he staged.

It's Chicago man. Whoever thought this was going anywhere has lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Its 2019. Its Chicago. He’s a black, gay man with connections to the Obamas and other politicians. Imagine my shock.
    This is pretty much it.

As for the comment on page one about the racist cops, pretty sure most of the Chicago PD upper management including the Chief is black, sooooooo.

And now people are blaming the Chicago Police. How fucked in the head was that judge and state attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    It's Chicago man. Whoever thought this was going anywhere has lost it.
    While I’m not in the camp that sees this as an exoneration of the man, I fail to see how this is evidence of corruption. It’s a nicer deal than I would have likely gotten, but that’s what happens when you have money and know people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to guess his friend kamala harris called in a huge favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just seen an interview in Youtube trending of Rahm Emanuel ripping into lying Jussies ass. Its hilarious. He even brings up the grand jury.

I would be willing to bet my next pay check the case details leak soon™.

16 felony counts dropped for some community service and 10K in bond money. This was done by a state prosecutor who had previously recused herself due to conflict of interest.

And to top it off, a judge seals the case so no one can know the details.

Looks like an average day in Chicago.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    This is further proof that life is less "White vs. Black" and more about "Haves vs. Have Nots."
    I think the officers fucked it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I think the officers fucked it up
    How? The grand jury made the decision, not the officers.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sorta funny. If a white man had staged an attack on racial grounds and been deemed innocent by a judge all the black people for miles would riot and burn down the city.

So is this the white mans time, to burn down a city?
    No, that’s the point.

I saw a video where a lady said for the police to not go to media and to instead let the system decide innocent or guilty. Is that what happened? I agree with letting the system handle situations before leaks and opinions get posted on news and media. But I don't know if the police would leak stuff. Like with kevin spacey everyone was against him before he even stepped foot inside a system.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2019-03-26 at 08:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    How? The grand jury made the decision, not the officers.
    The prosecutors more than likely had to drop the charges because the PD "leaked" so many details of the case, many of them untrue. They likely would have been unsuccessful in court due to the way the case was mishandled.

The statements from Emanuel and Johnson pretty much spell out the amount of bias they approached this with from the start.
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2019-03-26 at 08:36 PM.

the horror a rich person gets out of criminal charges through a pay off.

shocking....

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Point is, OJ is not an innocent man. Of what crime was Smollett convicted?
    No one said he was convicted. Just like OJ in the murder, Smollet was guilty but got away from it. Obviously his friends were able to pull the necessary strings to squash this. Whatever. He'll still deal with the PR fallout and most people know he's a lying scumbag now and i expect his career is going down the toilet. That's more than he would have gotten from the system anyway. But lets not pretend he was innocent or the cops messed up. They didn't. Or did you expect them to keep looking for the "real attackers" just like they needed to look for the "real killers" in the Nicole Brown Simpson murders?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The prosecutors more than likely had to drop the charges because the PD "leaked" so many details of the case, many of them untrue. They likely would have been unsuccessful in court due to the way the case was mishandled.

The statements from Emanuel and Johnson pretty much spell out the amount of bias they approached this with from the start.
    That's not true. You dont have to drop a case because information was released. I've seen entire cases laid out in the newpaper after they got search warrants returns from the court house. It doesnt prevent prosecution though i'm curious what untrue details you're referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post

Are you claiming fake evidence was provided to the grand jury or that they were misled by the state prosecutor?

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    since innocent, will the investigation continue / resume? someone said he is sticking to the story so since that means he's innocent, and if it really did happen the way he said, shouldn't the criminals/situation be investigated? just curious, thanks.
    He's not innocent. The state attorney just ducked their responsibility but on the police level the investigation is completed and closed. It didn't happen the way Smollet said. If the DA doesnt wish to file, that's ultimately their discretion but it doesn't mean the cops need to waste more time/energy chasing a lie.