Selling My Old Gaming PC - Need Some Advice

Basically, my little brother is looking for an entry-level PC to play some video games like Apex/Fortnite etc. The PC I'm currently using is still quite good, but with all the new AMD cpu/gpu releases, I'm looking to upgrade/build a new PC. I was planning to offer him my current PC at a decent rate (obviously better than market value since it's used and he's my brother) and I was hoping some people could give insight on what they thought my current parts would be worth.

CPU: Intel i5 6600k
    CPU Cooler: Cryorig H5 Mid-Tower Cooler
    MOBO: Asus Z-170 A
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3000
    Storage: Old HDD, Samsung 850 Evo 256gb
    GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Series
    PSU: 650W Gold Certified Corsair
    Monitor: Asus 24' 144hz 1ms

I'd include peripherals like my logitech mouse/keyboard cuz I kinda want new ones, so he'd get those as well. I will give him my PCI adapter since I'm currently hardlined as well.

Edit: To clarify, I asked him his budget and he wanted to spend less than $1000, I kind of suck at building budget PC's since I would prefer to just buy higher end things that will last longer, but I'll try to respect his budget. I just want to know if it's in his best interest to maybe buy my PC for a decent price, or if he'd be better off buying a budget build.
    Last edited by Eaglehorn; 2019-07-30 at 04:36 AM.

For less than 1k, he can build a system that will be every but the equal or better than your old one. (Perhaps sans monitor, if thats a 1080p 144hz, then probably he still can).

Now, if you're gong to let that system go for a decent price, its not bad and if you sold it to him for 650$-700$ itd be a decent deal (because of the peripherals, really; the 6600k is definitely middling and the GTX 1070 level performance can be had for ~300$ now brand new)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    For less than 1k, he can build a system that will be every but the equal or better than your old one. (Perhaps sans monitor, if thats a 1080p 144hz, then probably he still can).

Now, if you're gong to let that system go for a decent price, its not bad and if you sold it to him for 650$-700$ itd be a decent deal (because of the peripherals, really; the 6600k is definitely middling and the GTX 1070 level performance can be had for ~300$ now brand new)
    I would be giving him everything I'm currently using, including monitor, gaming keyboard/mouse, and the system itself. I understand the system is all "outdated" by now, but still should handle what he's looking to play (Apex/Fortnite) pretty well right? I just want to give him the option of buying my system for cheap since I don't know what else I'd do with it when I build a new PC, so I'm looking for a price that would be fair for him where I won't feel like I'm ripping him off by selling him old stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    I would be giving him everything I'm currently using, including monitor, gaming keyboard/mouse, and the system itself. I understand the system is all "outdated" by now, but still should handle what he's looking to play (Apex/Fortnite) pretty well right? I just want to give him the option of buying my system for cheap since I don't know what else I'd do with it when I build a new PC, so I'm looking for a price that would be fair for him where I won't feel like I'm ripping him off by selling him old stuff.
    You could always try looking on used sites in your country and see what a similar system would go for, then charge him around that

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to monitor and peripherals. I would say sell it to him for 650$ Especially since it is your brother.

You can build a new system that smokes that one for 1000$ easily enough.

The old rule. As soon something is used it drops in value by 50%.
    A new system that cost 1000$ is better in every way.
    From that your used system would be 500$.
    Add Monitor with 50% discount on top of it and you have 640$.
    Peripherals with 50% discount would be a total of 690-715$.
    Family price 650$.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2019-07-30 at 05:56 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    (obviously better than market value since it's used and he's my brother)
    I'd give it to him since he's family. Then again I'm like that and help out family whenever I can. But that's just me. Probably get flamed for saying too.

How I would play it like this.. just give it to him.. and if you absolutely need to get something for it to build your new system have him just buy a couple of your parts to get it done. That way its not so much a sale and more a I give you this and you help me replace it sort of deal. So if he gets you the processor/motherboard/ram or something like that (or a combo of it) to just get your build off the ground. Feels more family to me, but that might just be me.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-08-03 at 03:47 PM.