Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Anyone picking up on incel vibes from the op, because it just looks like a rant by someone who can't find a partner and blaming others for their woes.
    Yup. If anything, women are more promiscuous than ever before this generation. If you can't get some in 2019, you just aren't trying.

Work out, move out of your parents home, lower your standards maybe, and just have fun and don't put any pressure on the ladies but to have a good time. Girls just wanna have fun, too.

there's no doubt, the boomers are complete jack asses when it comes to basically all things life, but it all comes back around. i said fuck college and got to work, now my wife and i are building a house in an up and coming little country town.

feelsgoodman
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The USA just need a big war and draft all this useless people.
    War will make real humans out of them and when they die nothing of value was lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here are the top 20 stressful scenarios reported by millennials:

1. Losing wallet/credit card
    2. Arguing with partner
    3. Commute/traffic delays
    4. Losing phone
    5. Arriving late to work
    6. Slow WiFi
    7. Phone battery dying
    8. Forgetting passwords
    9. Credit card fraud
    10. Forgetting phone charger
    11. Losing/misplacing keys
    12. Paying bills
    13. Job interviews
    14. Phone screen breaking
    15. Credit card bills
    16. Check engine light coming on
    17. School loan payments
    18. Job security
    19. Choosing what to wear
    20. Washing dishes

If those are things you are concerned about as stress points in your life? You aren’t getting laid. Period.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Boomers fucked up stuff before Bush. The destruction of unions, disappearance of the middle class, over cost of education, under funding of education, the housing market collapse (that the boomers are in the process of repeating) and lack of on the job training was dying out before Bush.

Likewise Obama tried to do what the younger age group wanted: Act in a bipartisan fashion. The problem with that? The boomer generation, the boomer party (the GOP) took advantage of that and refused to even consider extending a bipartisan hand. So Obama did was he was elected to do, the problem was that the opposition party did nothing but act in bad faith.
    Oh boy, it didnt take long for "That guy" to show up.

Bipartisanship was difficult in the obama years because its when we saw the fracturing of sanity among the left.
    The right has always been stable, albeit evil- fuck poor people and anyone not in the ruling oligarchy, but we'll sprinkle in a few contentious social issues that make us look better.
    The lefts response however was "fuck white people and we will use anything you've ever said in your entire life to get you fired and blacklisted. We're totally not like the moral majority of the 80s christian right, I swear."

So while I am a registered democrat I'm now without a home politically. Being disillusioned, disenfranchised and disregarded by the media and those in power has lead to a very cynical, unhappy and unmotivated millennial generation. The problems cannot be said to be all from one side, nor can they be said to be all from one cause. The system is rotten from top to bottom all the way to its core. The constitution is the greatest single document ever written in regards to government, including its bill of rights, and we found ways to slowly water it down and disregard it.

Pack it up boys, the American experiment was fun but we need to wipe the slate clean and try again with a more principled, less special interest focused group. I think the Japanese could probably do well with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post

2. Arguing with partner
    4. Losing phone
    5. Arriving late to work
    6. Slow WiFi
    7. Phone battery dying
    8. Forgetting passwords
    9. Credit card fraud
    12. Paying bills
    13. Job interviews
    15. Credit card bills
    17. School loan payments
    18. Job security
    20. Washing dishes

If those are things you are concerned about as stress points in your life? You aren’t getting laid. Period.
    Second time I've seen that list, I still laugh every single time. Goes back to my original post: that's mostly not a list of worries of an adult, that's mostly a list of worries of a child.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post

2. Arguing with partner
    4. Losing phone
    5. Arriving late to work
    6. Slow WiFi
    7. Phone battery dying
    8. Forgetting passwords
    9. Credit card fraud
    12. Paying bills
    13. Job interviews
    15. Credit card bills
    17. School loan payments
    18. Job security
    20. Washing dishes

Clearly nothing Baby "just wear a nice suit, give the manager a firm handshake and you're hired" boomers ever had to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    This feels like an incel post where chad has morphed into the boomers as a whole. It pretty much laid out the steps to having more sex in its reasons portion
    A. Get a job
    B. Move out of your parents house
    C. Put down the electronic diversions, get a hobby, workout, learn to cook

After that it’s just convincing a random to move in so you can have regular sex.
    A. There aren't enough jobs, and the ones available are often enough woefully underpaid. That's how for example fully employed teachers end up driving Ubers.
    B. See A. It's hard to move out if you are underpaid, especially considering the state of the housing market.
    C. You are overworked and underpaid with little free time, less disposable income and even less energy to get out of the house. Going with the teacher example from above, bit hard to have a hobby after having 2 jobs and doing school prep.

Pull your head out of your ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol, wtf....

OP you need to get out more and off the forums.

I'm not sure if the OP is worst or the "boomer" prostrating him/herself to the OP.

Yeah, things are worse than they were for boomers, you have a more difficult ascension, but you need to take responsibility for yourself as well. Getting some shit degree and putting no effort into improving yourself is not anyone's fault but your own.

Pretty sure the internet is the reason people have become so socially inept nowadays. College degrees don’t mean shit anymore because they give them out like candy. It’s just the admission ticket you have to have to get in the door at a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    As a boomer... there are a few things I have to say.

Number 1: I am so so so so so so … so so so sorry

My excuse is: I fought as hard as I could to make things better. I got crushed.

First of all when Bush got elected, leading to the Middle East wars which drained trillions of dollars from our treasury as well as killing off thousands of troops - the dead troops were your generation. Then came the Mancession - basically high paying mostly white male jobs that just disappeared, never to return. This would not have happened if Gore were President those 8 years instead of Bush.

Second of all when Obama got elected, and then did the BARE MINIMUM to help out your generation. Better than Bush by HUGE MILES, and he DID repair most (some?) of the damage that Bush did not only to millennials, but also to everyone else. But he really did do the BARE MINIMUM. It was not by accident that his term is when the big fracking recovery happened instead of the wind/solar power recovery.

Finally, our generation is what is responsible for Trump being President. This needs no further discussion.

There is a picture in the Brexit thread of a pro-Brexit demonstration. No one under 40, almost all males, not a non-white to be seen.

I fought as hard as I could. Really I did. I apologize for losing More like getting creamed
    I dont know why, but this made me pretty sad. I imagine a whole generation of people looking teary eyed at their children wanting to apologize for not being able to make the differences they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    I dont know why, but this made me pretty sad. I imagine a whole generation of people looking teary eyed at their children wanting to apologize for not being able to make the differences they wanted to.
    It's all bullshit, a real boomer would tell you to shut the fuck up and grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    So the baby boomers are why millennials aren't having sex?

Wat? That doesn't even make any sense. If anything the internet has more to do with that than anything else.
    It makes perfect sense if you picture a caged animal starving to death. Now stop and ask... where did that stress come from?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how boomers have become some crazy bogeyman to blame for every problem young people face.

Yea sure, it was Jimmy who has been poor his whole life who screwed everything up purely because he was born in 1963 and not 1993.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    You are so laughably incorrect.
    Yeah, the whole "Dems kill the economy" bit is always laughably wrong. Dems time and time again inherit bad economies from the right and then do a good job fixing it, only to see their work gets shat on by the next right winger.

Conservative policy has time and time again shown to not work, not on the macro scale, not on the micro scale. We have decades of evidence in regards to this. But ignorant little shits keep insisting it works with all their no evidence other than the first few years of a GOP presidents candidacy doing well (since they're sitting in the results of a democrats economy) and the first years of a democrats presidency being defined by an awful economy (because they're dealing with the GOP's failed practices).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The two generations prior to the Boomers had the most catastrophic wars in Western history and brought us to the brink of nuclear armageddon, let's not forget they're the ones who caused the baby boom in the first place by having lots of babies. In general though I find it annoying how people have managed to frame all these economic woes as some sort of malevolent scheme by one particualr age group rather than a number of complex factors to do with how the world has advanced over the past 50+ years.

Also, the OP seems to be blaming the baby boom generation for stuff that generation X is responsible for, it is the parents who are supposed to prepare children for the real world, not the grandparents.
    Its almost as if the boomer age group has many times over now passed bills that only hurt the young and help themselves while also refusing to maintain the various things that allowed them to prosper. Such as living wages and on the job training. Two things that unquestionably have died via boomers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I hate this saying so goddamn much. It literally implies doing the impossible.
    It also fails to take into account that the boomers "boot straps" were both far cheaper and brought them in twice as much. That is to say, their college tuitions were 10x less, and their starting pay was at least 2x more (with far more room for advancement).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Yup. If anything, women are more promiscuous than ever before this generation. If you can't get some in 2019, you just aren't trying.

Work out, move out of your parents home, lower your standards maybe, and just have fun and don't put any pressure on the ladies but to have a good time. Girls just wanna have fun, too.
    You realize the boomer generation was the free love hippie generation.

That this generation has less free time than prior.

That their job prospects are FAR lesser (so moving out of your parents home is a significantly more difficult prospect)

That the problem isnt standards, the problem is as lack of pay in general.

Take your "these kids these days" nonesense and shove it up your ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I love how boomers have become some crazy bogeyman to blame for every problem young people face.

Yea sure, it was Jimmy who has been poor his whole life who screwed everything up purely because he was born in 1963 and not 1993.
    I suppose your rousing argument works well if you have no knowledge of whats been going on for the past half century or what past generations had over current that the current have no means of overcoming.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Millennials are people that became adults in the early-to-mid 2000s (born from 1981-1995). People born 1996 and after are generally grouped in with Generation Z. Most "zoomers" don't have Millennial parents.
    I know the terms have got vauger since the boomers because the end of WW2 and the following baby-boom was a very definite point in history to define a generation, but the way you're describing it completely does away with the idea of generations. Boomers are the children of the WW2 generation, Gen-X are the children of boomers, Millennials are the children of Gen-X and... Gen-Z is also the children of Gen-X?

For how little I have sex I probably account for about 10% of it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its almost as if the boomer age group has many times over now passed bills that only hurt the young and help themselves while also refusing to maintain the various things that allowed them to prosper. Such as living wages and on the job training. Two things that unquestionably have died via boomers.
    It's almost as if the boomers were part of a massive population surge that came at the same time as massive advances in all sorts of technology, including medical care, so after a period of massive growth things are leveling off and the following generations have to deal with that whilst older people (not just Boomers but also their parents) live longer and longer lives. Meanwhile the wealthier people are still running most of politics whilst age groups are not monolithic entities who all vote the same way. The way people talk you'd think all boomers were wealthy whilst all millennials were poor which is blatantly bollocks; I know lots of people in their 20s-30s who have more money and nicer houses than 55-70 year olds from lower income brackets.

I agree that baby boomers certainly played a big part in why millennials got a bad deal, but I don’t think that they got a good one either. Imagine watching your parents flourish on simple jobs such as factory work only to realize that your anticipated way of life isn’t going anywhere at the turn of the century. My parents had to go back to school in their 40s or remain poor because employment that was once sustainable went down the shitter.