View Poll Results: Will you vote for Donald Trump's reelection?

Voters
115. This poll is closed
  • I will be voting for Trump in 2020

27 23.48%
  • I will not be voting for Trump in 2020

88 76.52%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    I can only hope he wins reelection. His several abysmal international Failures have just strengthened my Nation on the International stage.
    I hope not. No one wants the Borg to be strengthened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Is "make America great again" still his slogan? Shouldn't that have changed after 4 years of making America great?
    His 2020 slogan is "Keep America Great" or "KAG" as all the cool forum posters say.

The only 2020 candidates for Democrats they won’t nominate. They’ll nominate another establishment Democrat like Biden that will get waxed worse than Hillary.

In fact, the worst of Trump for me is actually his lack of intellect, as shown by his vocabulary, which is worst than mine
    Oh the irony

worse*
    Last edited by muto; 2019-04-09 at 11:40 PM.

Trump failed on every single one of his big promises. If you voted for Trump because of the wall, healthcare, etc... then there's no reason to vote for him again.

Aside from that he's been fairly incompetent at just about every aspect of the job. Honestly, you shouldn't vote for him if you want a functioning adult as a president.

If you all you care about is "owning libs" no matter what damage is done then that makes sense I guess.

All of the candidates this year are absolutely terrible. Wish Barack was President for life. People also in the senate and house need to retire quickly like Mitch Mcconnel and Lindsey Graham
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    The differences were 10,704 in Michigan, 44,292 in Pennsylvania, & 22,748 in Wisconsin. All were well less than 1% of those individual state's total votes cast. In total it's 77,744 votes, so had 38,872 people switched their votes in the right combination of of three states she'd have won, that's how close that election was, despite Trump's crowing about "304 EC votes is a landslide".

Furthermore, in all three of those states, Democrats have made significant strides since 2016, at local, statewide and in Congressional representation levels. With a Democrat defeating an incumbent Republican Governor in Wisconsin, a Democrat winning the governorship in Michigan pretty soundly, and the incumbent Democrat governor in Pennsylvania absolutely destroying his Republican opponent. To further drive home this point, Trump's approval/disapproval ratings in all three of those states are net down since his election in 2016.

All in all, it's not impossible for him to win reelection, but his work is very much cut out for him. And if he does I would bet fat cash that he does it while losing he popular vote even worse than he did in 2016.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    All of the candidates this year are absolutely terrible. Wish Barack was President for life. People also in the senate and house need to retire quickly like Mitch Mcconnel and Lindsey Graham
    Clinton was just a female version of him. Neo-lib policies are nothing special.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The only 2020 candidates for Democrats they won’t nominate. They’ll nominate another establishment Democrat like Biden that will get waxed worse than Hillary.
    And here I thought Hillary was the worst Democrat candidate in history. Well, she was, to be fair. Even if she was perfectly fit for the job, Fox News and other conservative outlets spent the entire Obama presidency railing against her because they knew she was the darling candidate of choice for 2016, so they made sure to throw every nontroversy at Clinton they possibly could. Anyone remember when Fox News whined about Hillary's visit to a sandwich shop and how she was rude to the owner? Yeah, nobody remembers it specifically, but by 2016, she'd been painted as a terrible person and corrupt. Not because she was, but because Fox had been priming people for 8 years to think that way.

Trump meanwhile, will have had 5 years of incredibly negative press. Trump won the presidency with his approval rating in the upper 40's, and even then, he only won the presidency by hair-thin margins in some key swing states. Since his presidential electoral college victory in 2016, his approval rating dropped 15 points, and has never gone above an aggregate average of 40%. So basically, any Democratic candidate that does as poorly as Hillary did will still win just by virtue of the fact that Trump has lost popularity.

Let's not forget, that all presidents in the history of our nation who won the electoral college, but lost the popular vote, did not win reelection save for Bush Jr. Bush Jr was a special case, in that he only lost the popular vote by a tiny margin and he was a war time president who enjoyed an immense approval rating jump for starting a war. Trump does not have the good fortune of being a war time president. And despite what the ignorant naive throngs of people say, polls do matter, and no, they weren't wrong in 2016.

Trump has not kept a single campaign promise, and the only major piece of legislation that he can even brag about happening under his presidency was the tax cuts bill, which gave huge tax cuts to the wealthy, and a tiny tax cut to the middle class. But Trump didn't even pen that bill. In fact, every single bill that people actually like was penned by either congress or the senate, and Trump had nothing to do with them. Every single bill or executive action Trump has tried to push has been shot down by his own party. For as much as Republicans whine about obstructionist Democrats, Republicans had all 3 branches of government AND the supreme court under their control for 2 full years, and during that time they got nothing but those tax cuts done. When Trump tried to push some agenda, McConnell and Trump's own staff would hamstring his efforts, mostly because Trump's agendas were insane, but also just because Trump is a useful tool to the other Republicans.

In conclusion (or TLDR): I won't say that Trump has absolutely no chance, but due to historical precedent plus the high approval numbers of several of the Democrat candidates, I'm preparing my popcorn for delicious Trumpkin tears in 2020. And if he wins again, oh well, Dems will continue to hold the house and the punchable hypocrite turtle McConnell will continue to make Trump his bitch in the Senate. So either way, it's win win for me and mine. Trump's agenda will never come to pass even if he wins another 4 years.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

This video was posted and shortly removed after Warner Brothers. It depicts DJT as some anti hero figure pinpointing overcoming doubts and victories over his foes

This is his official 2020 campaign video
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-04-11 at 09:19 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Guess who got a copyright strike for unauthorised use of music lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Silent majority? You aren't silent, and you aren't a majority. Never have been.
    I love that he's quoting Nixon there.

Appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Is "make America great again" still his slogan? Shouldn't that have changed after 4 years of making America great?
    could go with
    'make america greater' instead

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    could go with
    'make america greater' instead
    Make America America-er

I bet Trump goes with that one.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. He's not flipping anything while he continues to be behind in the majority of battle ground states he "won" in 2016. The DNC won't fuck up like they did in 2016. The Blue Wave happened, and it was immense. It will continue in 2020.
    It was not immense. Good example of exaggeration. The democrats did well in the mid terms when it came to the House elections. Lost some Senate seats however. In Ohio, the GOP picked up some seats at the state level and Brown, the US senator, won reelection by the slimiest margin since he has been senator.

I do not think Trump will get reelected if Biden is the democrat candidate. All the others are too radical and he has the best chance of beating them. Keep in mind, he does not need to win all the battle ground states he won in 2016.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It was not immense. Good example of exaggeration. The democrats did well in the mid terms when it came to the House elections. Lost some Senate seats however. In Ohio, the GOP picked up some seats at the state level and Brown, the US senator, won reelection by the slimiest margin since he has been senator.
    Did you just say "nice exaggeration" and then offer a rebuttal with some rando in Ohio?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another great example of your historic bad faith posting. The 2018 saw historic wins for the Democrats in the House. The fact that you ignore math when it comes to the Senate is a perfect example of your political bad faith posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Did you just say "nice exaggeration" and then offer a rebuttal with some rando in Ohio?
    It's all they have at this point. Denials of reality and then distractions. After the 2020 elections we can just ignore them entirely - it will be liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Another great example of your historic bad faith posting. The 2018 saw historic wins for the Democrats in the House. The fact that you ignore math when it comes to the Senate is a perfect example of your political bad faith posting.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all they have at this point. Denials of reality and then distractions. After the 2020 elections we can just ignore them entirely - it will be liberating.
    You sound like you're living in 2016.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    You sound like you're living in 2016.
    GP being a bad faith poster means I'm living in 2016? Wow - ok, I guess you're kind of living in another dimension of reality. Say hi to everyone for me! Come back when facts matter to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

This video was posted and shortly removed after Warner Brothers. It depicts DJT as some anti hero figure pinpointing overcoming doubts and victories over his foes

This is his official 2020 campaign video
    >Hillary Clinton and Obama as Boogeymen, still
    >Lots of shots with black people around Trump
    >Basically nothing new

Man, for as much as Trumpkins say "If Dems do the same thing in 2020 they're fucked", I certainly hope they have something to say about how shitty Trump's campaign in 2020 is looking. Not that we expected him to change up his strategy, we all knew he isn't that smart, but you'd think that someone close to him might have suggested that. So they're going with the same slogan, same talking points, and the "We've won, may as well bank on our success the first time and do the exact same thing right?"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I do not think Trump will get reelected if Biden is the democrat candidate. All the others are too radical and he has the best chance of beating them. Keep in mind, he does not need to win all the battle ground states he won in 2016.
    How is the 3rd largest GOP lost in US history not considered immense?

Your downplay of the GOP lost is the exaggeration of how badly things are really going for them right now.

I would vote for a rock before I would vote for Trump. The vote would have better policies and be less of an international embarrassment then Trump would be since the Rock wouldn't do anything. Also, any bill that hit its desk would automatically go into effect anyways after a certain delay anyways without him signing it.

Having 4 years of Zapp Brannigan has fucked this nation and its children bad enough, don't need another 4 years of him to fist fuck it instead.

Kif: Sir, can I speak to you?
    Zapp: No!
    Kif: But sir, its an emergency!
    Zapp: Come back when it's a catastrophe..

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    How is the 3rd largest GOP lost in US history not considered immense?

Your downplay of the GOP lost is the exaggeration of how badly things are really going for them right now.
    Because it was not the first. It was a great win for them. But not immense. :P
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams