Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    True,

It's the same thing every expansion. Grind for gear, and then it gets reset :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It doesn’t matter, there was TONS already to do so there was zero reason to add more content. Like I said, it was a tuning patch.

God I can’t wait for blizzard to give BC the vanilla treatment
    and wod had tons aswell, the new raid had JUST come out.
    we didnt need new content in 6.1, it was after 6.1 we started to feel the burn...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you level all the allied races?
    Completed the whole story in both, Horde and Alliance?
    Did you achieve a nice PvP rating?
    Cleared all Mythic fights and achieve a world first by doing so?

You can gather mounts, pets, transmogs, do you have it all?

The list goes on and on.

If you did it all, I am impressed.

To help you tho, try to think of something you never did, and go for it as a goal, could be a title, The Insane, or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Did you level all the allied races?
    Completed the whole story in both, Horde and Alliance?
    Did you achieve a nice PvP rating?
    Cleared all Mythic fights and achieve a world first by doing so?

You can gather mounts, pets, transmogs, do you have it all?

The list goes on and on.

If you did it all, I am impressed.

To help you tho, try to think of something you never did, and go for it as a goal, could be a title, The Insane, or anything.
    lol.
    10 char

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're perpetuating the myth that casuals are walking around with more than a piece or two of decent gear. There's no such thing as an LFR/Normal heroic that's walking around decked out in Mythic gear from their content. There's infinitely more gear inflation from M+ than from lucky TF procs, and that's just M+ working as intended as an alternative to raiding.
    I have 2 420 char, 1 is my main and raiding 7/8 myth and the other is the "when raids are off" one, i literally got geared from WF and TF doing at the best a +9 and getting WQ lucky procs

I am quite sure that I am not an isolated case.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    I have 2 420 char, 1 is my main and raiding 7/8 myth and the other is the "when raids are off" one, i literally got geared from WF and TF doing at the best a +9 and getting WQ lucky procs

I am quite sure that I am not an isolated case.
    Being 420 from doing nothing but +9 m+ dungeons is so far out of the ordinary that it's borderline impossible. Unless you run dungeons all day every day for maximum probability on titanforges.

Your claim is bs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't hold off from playing and fooling around outside your comfort-zones or play something else entirely.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mythic raiding is not instant.
    High M+ are not instant.
    Getting Gladiator in Arena is not instant.
    Getting collectibles is not instant.
    Building alts and try new classes/specs is not instant.

Even for veterans, these things are not instant. And the "I don't do these things" thing is not valid as an argument, because I don't do those things too, but I really can't say "there's nothing to do".

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    Mhhh yes it is between Trial and Boost?

---

Glad and Myth Raiding are the only were there is a 100% Effort for something prestigious, meanwhile M+ have nothing beside r.io score that is a surrogate score made by players to give players something to do beacuse if there wasn't the score and the site I don't think there will be the same pop doing m+ at high levels.

But that is a Blizzard problem that doesn't introduce any incentive for M+ like prestige rewards.

Collectibles isnt content and dont bother reaching a laughable excuses

Also what is the "instant" meaning here?
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-02 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunachar View Post
    If similar threads keep popping up all the time, it's a sign of something being wrong in the game.

I wouldn't go so far that I would play Pandaland quests all over again just out of sheer boredom, but currently getting to watch the rear of my void elf chick is a bigger motivator for playing than the rest of the game's max level content. That's bad. Back in the days I used to charge into battle eagerly time and again to wipe the floor with demons, scourge, Horde filth, crazy cultists and the like. Now they have all gone into politics, and you can't legally kill them. Now I just try to avoid all the grindy fighting WQs if possible.
    Yeah. Addicted ppl blame because they are tired and just need to play all the time instead to do other stuff. They just blame about the game and didnt realize that they are just numb and tired. Ppl like to complain about everything istead to try change something. Posts like this are since TBC or even later classic so >< cheers

Titanforging has to go. This system has made the game pointless in many ways, since you can never be really done with gearing up (until the next content patch launches) and you're never really much stronger/weaker than someone who plays more/less.

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic raiding is not instant.
    High M+ are not instant.
    Getting Gladiator in Arena is not instant.
    Getting collectibles is not instant.

Even for veterans, these things are not instant. And the "I don't do these things" thing is not valid as an argument, because I don't do those things too, but I really can't say "there's nothing to do".
    I think the issue with BfA (it's been going in this direction for years though) is that in some ways it's only catering to hardcore players and in other ways it's only catering to the most casual players that play like once a week. As for the players in between (I'm sure that's where most people are) however there just isn't much to do, besides your last 2 points. For the first 3 points you have to be pretty much a nolife to achieve these (which is intentionally done by blizzard and tbh that's what all these 'elitists' wanted blizz to do) and thus the average player has to stick with all that content that's meant to be done once or twice per week.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-02 at 09:00 AM.

There's a thread above this one with a similar premise:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...in-WoW-anymore

Generally how these things go is, play something else then come back. Otherwise, the MMOC community isn't going to go out of its way to keep people from quitting or getting motivated to play the game. The WoW subreddit outright bans I'm quitting posts.

My take is you can collect, level, raid, socialize, PVP, m+, and a couple other things in the game. For me it's raiding. I would not be playing if I wasn't raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadne View Post
    1. I never said anything about pace.
    2. when I said I must be mad, I mean I must be crazy.
    3. I'm not complaining, I'm saying I don't feel motivated and I want to know what you feel motivated about in this expansion.

Guys, why the negativity?

You dare criticize the perfect game so fanboi are getting mad

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Mhhh yes it is between Trial and Boost?

---

Glad and Myth Raiding are the only were there is a 100% Effort for something prestigious, meanwhile M+ have nothing beside r.io score that is a surrogate score made by players to give players something to do beacuse if there wasn't the score and the site I don't think there will be the same pop doing m+ at high levels.

But that is a Blizzard problem that doesn't introduce any incentive for M+ like prestige rewards.

Collectibles isnt content and dont bother reaching a laughable excuses

Also what is the "instant" meaning here?

So you decide what is content and what is not? With premises like those, it's really difficult to discuss properly.

It's pretty awful to be honest. I have basically been logging in, getting to character selection and then just logging back out. The game just feels a bit lifeless at the moment. Hopefully the next patch will bring it back to life

So you decide what is content and what is not? With premises like those, it's really difficult to discuss properly.
    Well if your premises are "And the "I don't do these things" thing is not valid as an argument" don't expect a proper discussion so

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That's a personal problem, not a game problem. If you get an amazing item and you're not happy with it because it didn't perfectly TF, that's really your problem. Even on the very top end, outside of the race for WF, that's not really a thing. I have guildies like that, but it's not a reasonable expectation that your drops TF. This is why we can't have nice things, because people treat a fun bonus like a necessity. I'm glad Blizzard doesn't balance around that mentality anymore.

Actually, Vanilla itemization had it's own issues. Every iteration of WoW has had it's own itemization issues. In Vanilla it was that you had some very over budgeted items so you'd have some blues that were better than epics, you had some epics that were far and away better than anything else for multiple classes, you had situations where something outside your armor type was better for you than things within your armor type.

What kept you playing as a raider in Vanilla, outside of enjoying it, was item rarity. Fewer items dropped and had to be split among a higher number of players in a raid. You want that sweet weapon? You're competing with every other warrior/rogue and you might not ever see one again, same with trinkets. Oh cool, you got that really sweet trinket from BWL and you're never going to replace it until the expansion but your raid never saw another one.

Now if you were a casual in Vanilla WoW, which most players were and still are and always will be, you had a handful of dungeons that you could run for some never changing loot and then you run out of things to do and quit, but nobody knows that you quit because the number of new players coming in was greater than the number of old players coming out creating the illusion for many years that subs weren't always cyclical.

Vanilla had it's own issues, and quite frankly I prefer the game as it is today.
    A personal problem? maybe, either way saying that it's strictly a personal problem is actually a pretty stupid assumption to make.

At it's present state people are more fed up with WoW then ever before. and there alot of reasons for this :

- Accessibility overload.
    - Meaningless achievements
    - Gear accessibility overload ( like 1st but just to specify)
    - Leveling making you weaker instead of stronger.
    - RNG overload.
    - Reliance on more RNG with personal loot as opposed to master loot.
    - Warforging Titanforging single handedly destroying character progression.

While Vanilla wasnt perfect. it had long term progression which felt rewarding. it meant something, which includes inaccessibility on content and gear. Yes, inflation is a big problem. this isn't new, look at the dollar, euro and any currency in history. inflation means less value. this isn't subjective but objective at that point.

People come and go in any game. so just saying casuals would just leave is a stupid argument to make. i knew 50 people in that time and 2 of them quit because it required alot of time and they didn't have that kind of time. now that is my subjective experience. either way you made that same claim with your argument.

instant portals, gear splashing in your face like water, gear that means nothing because there is always better. this is borderline dumb. for the simple reason people want to complete things. and you tell me thats a personal problem? yeah sure. but alot of people are feeling this problem and are leaving in their millions. So how is this not a game problem at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    A personal problem? maybe, either way saying that it's strictly a personal problem is actually a pretty stupid assumption to make.

At it's present state people are more fed up with WoW then ever before. and there alot of reasons for this :

- Accessibility overload.
    - Meaningless achievements
    - Gear accessibility overload ( like 1st but just to specify)
    - Leveling making you weaker instead of stronger.
    - RNG overload.
    - Reliance on more RNG with personal loot as opposed to master loot.
    - Warforging Titanforging single handedly destroying character progression.

While Vanilla wasnt perfect. it had long term progression which felt rewarding. it meant something, which includes inaccessibility on content and gear. Yes, inflation is a big problem. this isn't new, look at the dollar, euro and any currency in history. inflation means less value. this isn't subjective but objective at that point.

People come and go in any game. so just saying casuals would just leave is a stupid argument to make. i knew 50 people in that time and 2 of them quit because it required alot of time and they didn't have that kind of time. now that is my subjective experience. either way you made that same claim with your argument.

instant portals, gear splashing in your face like water, gear that means nothing because there is always better. this is borderline dumb. for the simple reason people want to complete things. and you tell me thats a personal problem? yeah sure. but alot of people are feeling this problem and are leaving in their millions. So how is this not a game problem at that point?
    There is TOO MUCH but TOO CHEAP QUALITY so it is like earting at a Fast Food, tons of junk food easy made easy consume that will be unhealty on the long term.

Blizzard thought that making a RPG "easy consumable" like a MOBA or BRoyal would have been a good idea

3. I'm not complaining, I'm saying I don't feel motivated and I want to know what you feel motivated about in this expansion.

A lot of players have created a thread the same or similar to this, The MMOC Community is not here as a support group for those who aren't enjoying the game, especially when some of these people are still having a blast, these threads have no positive effects for the game or this website. So people get very tired of them. While that is not nessesarily your fault, the answer will always be the same; WoW isnt going anywhere, take a break, play some other games, dot waste your time or life on something that you dont enjoy.

As for me, I like BFA, I am enjoying playing classes I didn't explore last expansion, and I'm lucky enough to have a strong guild and group friends to play along with and it makes the game so much more fun.

In my opinion the point of an MMO is creating a good group to of people to play with and explore the content you've been given, if you aren't enjoying it. Stop.

And as for the story, it's not the most compelling aspect of BFA but it is decent, the writing has been worse before, at least the story is linear and the cinematics is insanely well done.
    Last edited by Tyrilion; 2019-04-02 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Grammar

7+ Year Old Account
    Tldr :
    What about the story do you feel motivated by in this expansion?

Hi,
    I'm finding it really tough to care about this game at the moment. So much so, that I went back to pandaria and spent 5 nights doing the old cmapaigns and lfr that I haven't seen before. It was so much fun and it made me realise I just /care for bfa stuff so far. I am alliance monk and I chose to do tiragarde first and I'm finding it really hard to feel motivated with this lame recruitment story. The things that are supposed to be the meat of this expansion are surprisingly absent. I'm not really doing anything that feels like I'm helping azeroth and I'm not engaging in any meaningful cmapaigns against the horde. I'm just trying to recruit these kul tiras. It doesn't feel important. Not like the quests for the frikkin pillars of azeroth in order to fight off legions of demons!
    I am thinking I must be mad because I get the sense people like this expansion... Is it just me? What do you feel motivated by in this expansion?
    so you did one small zone and are mad you arnt doing anything big?
    what?
    also we didnt fight the big bad demons in legion till 8.2.5...
    we havnt even got full 8.1.5 yet... come on

do more then a few quests in ONE ZONE before you complain about "why am i not killing gods and stomping the horde!"

- - - Updated - - -

mostly because this kinda post gets post every day without anything rather constructive in it. and most people get fed up with this
    "I dont liek the game"
    Why?
    "This is boring"
    Why is it boring?
    "Because it plays like this"
    but it has always played like this, did you not find it boring before?
    "No, because its different now"
    how is it?
    "It just is"
    well how would you fix it
    "Fire everyone at blizzard and start over"

you seem to be BARELY into the expansion

so you have alot to look forward too
    a blood old god
    corruption within the ranks
    a massive invasion of an enemy city/defence of your city
    questlines where you deal with azeroth itself andi ts powers
    many MANY quests fighting the opposite faction
    soon choices between allying with one we once called enemy
    old gods, void, the deep sea, the naga, and the deepest darkest depths of our planet
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content