Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I know you don't understand, but in normal countries, people would not defend the trigger happy maniacs who shot a completely innocent man.
    I live in a Normal Country. But I can put myself in other shoes.

Think about it, in the USA the large Majority of people have Guns in their Homes, so its not unlikely that if the Police gets a Call that there is someone who Shot his dad, and is holding the rest of the Family Hostage might be true.

I know its hard to understand for people living in Normal countries why one wouldn´t follow the Instructions you get from a Police Officer, like "Hand where I can see them". But you know, if the odds that you have a weapon are dangerous are so High, its just stupid to not show the Police that you are no threat.

I wont defend "Trigger Happy Maniacs", I defend people who according to the Report did everything they could. They shouted to him to Raise his hands, and walk slowly towards them. (Away from the Suspected Hostages, and towards the Police so they might be able to Talk) He did the Opposite, he lowered his hands to where he could Pull out a gun. (Which is quite Possible that he might have one).

Honestly, if I were locked up in a House that is drenched in Gasoline, with a Lunatic who just shot my Dad, I wouldnt want the Police to take the chance that the call might be a Joke.
    Even in "Normal Countries" like you said, does the Police assume the worst case Scenario, the only difference is: The Usual Worst Case Scenario is way more mundane than in the USA.

First off it would not be murder it would be something more like man slaughter or alike. Second, look another armchair lawyer that sits safely at home and never has to deal with situations with guns at all and thinks they know best. The clear cut ones that are crimes do get dealt with the others people cry about cause they now nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Unless of course, it is NOT murder. People who second guess the actions cops take under highly stressful situations are the real bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

^In normal countries, people look at evidence before making asinine statements like this.
    Im happy to see SOME reasonable people in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    because police have *never* lied on reports, right ?
    Theres a Video of that. Sadly, on YouTube the Video is Frozen a few seconds before the Shot, and there is not much to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I've used this anecdote several times on this forum, but my friend's father shot a cop.

The cop hadn't liked him since high school, so went to his house without cause and shot at him and missed. My friend's father fired back and didn't miss.

Here's the fun part. The cop was never charged with a crime. He didn't lose his job. He was hardly even punished outside of being placed on administrative duties for a time.

Eventually his job was cut due to "budget cuts", because of the civil suit my friend's mother filed because the officer was proven to have lied in the report. (still not punished or reprimanded though).

He was immediately hired by the neighboring city's police.
    So, nobody said there is no fault in Cops, Cops are also only Human, i cant comment on what Action there was Taken, or not Taken. Because I have nothing more than your anecdote. This is however a completely different case.

They didnt just go there without a Cause, and they didnt just shoot him on Sight. Theres Evidence for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most police are DECENT, but far too many get away with way too much shit because of the silence of the BLUE LINE, I don't personally give a fuck their job is hard, which is the typical bullshit you hear.

Sad thing is Worthless Teachers and Nurses and other professions have adopted this bullshit. They fuck up or don't do their job correctly, the defense is, WELL it's hard, yeah bullshit, you're fucking incompetent and in the wrong profession IMO.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I'm told all the time by the usual suspects that not having 55 différents guns at home make me a ''slave'' of the guninment. Who here is taking for granted that the police is right to shoot you because you don't obey them while they have no reason whatsoever to do so

Again, I know that for the usual suspects, stealing for 50 $ of booze can warrants the death penalty, cause the cops have very big guns, and are thus good guys . But in this case, the victim have done nothing wrong. I know the information does not process, but if the cop was duel yielding Desert Eagles and was thus ''doubly supah good guy'' (the bigger the hole it make, the more heroic you are), but it's INEXCUSABLE to shoot someone in his home who was not engaging in any criminal activity whatsoever.

Who here is taking for granted that the police is right to shoot you because you don't obey them while they have no reason whatsoever to do so
    You are one of those funny guys who need 10 times than normal on a routine Checkup, because you are to good to answer simple questions, and follow simple instructions, that are supposed to keep you and others safe. Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to wonder how trigger happy is the US police considering they shot someone opening his door without any warning. (I know this point is unfathomable for Americans, but in Canada, if the police shoot at someone actually threatening, there is a formal enquiry, often at federal level. The police killing a complete innocent would be hell on Earth. Yet, we don't have, like the usual suspects claims, MadMaxesque criminals running around)
    You've made it clear that you have no idea about what went on... Perhaps you should actually look into it before you speak...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    You are one of those funny guys who need 10 times than normal on a routine Checkup, because you are to good to answer simple questions, and follow simple instructions, that are supposed to keep you and others safe. Gotcha.
    Yes, of course, people in the USA are supposed to go on the group while raising their hand ups or they are shot, because the cops have guns and are thus right.

Oddly enough, that's the kind of stuff people in normal countries call tyranny or other platitudes-the concept that you have no rights if you are a ''bad guy''. Again, I know this point is unfathomable, but you Americans are so far gone the slippery slope that you now excuse the shooting of people who have committed no crime whatsoever, after spending years hooting for the shooting of petty thieves.

As for being an imbecile, there are people who looks like buffoons on this thread, and they wear blue. I know you don't understand, but in Canada, even if FOX tell you its a tyranny because Justin said something they don't like, the police can't shoot someone who is not immediately complying to their others, especially when the individual does not pose any threat whatsoever.

But keep saying other countries are ''dictatorships'' because we don't have guns while worshipping the law enforcement that can kill you for a trafic violation without any sissy thing like ''trial''
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-01 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, the police answering a prank call without shooting a complete random people is not a commendable performance. That's ''tying your shoelaces'' grade performance.
    Shame you have zero idea what actually happened... taking the time to research that would at least allow you to provide a 'tying your shoelaces' level of honesty.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Unfortunately, training is horrendous in the US, not just for police officers, but in lots of jobs. Police training is just so much more important because they are carrying killing tools. The cop killed someone. He should be held accountable. At the bare minimum permanently blacklist him from any job that uses firearms.

Yes, of course, people in the USA are supposed to go on the group while raising their hand ups or they are shot, because the cops have guns and are thus right.

Oddly enough, that's the kind of stuff people in normal countries call tyranny or other platitudes-the concept that you have no rights if you are a ''bad guy''. Again, I know this point is unfathomable, but you Americans are so far gone the slippery slope that you now excuse the shooting of people who have committed no crime whatsoever, after spending years hooting for the shooting of petty thieves.

As for being an imbecile, there are people who looks like buffoons on this thread, and they wear blue. I know you don't understand, but in Canada, even if FOX tell you its a tyranny because Justin said something they don't like, the police can't shoot someone who is not immediately complying to their others, especially when the individual does not pose any threat whatsoever.

But keep saying other countries are ''dictatorships'' because we don't have guns while worshipping the law enforcement that can kill you for a trafic violation without any sissy thing like ''trial''
    Report for country bashing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shooting people answering their doors ? (I know it's hard to imagine, but punishing cops who shoot random people is not being against cops)
    I see that you subscribe to the false premise that if you tell a lie long enough it will become true... Sorry, the real world doesn't function like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm spewing hate by saying THOSE cops should have been investigated. Gotcha.
    How, exactly, do you know that the cop WASNT investigated? Please explain, in detail, for the folks... and of course, show your sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I see that you subscribe to the false premise that if you tell a lie long enough it will become true... Sorry, the real world doesn't function like that.
    Again, oddly enough for a country that have very little guns and is thus ''not free'' according to your Weltanschauung, I live in a country where, if I was a criminal, I would not lose my rights to life if resisting arrest. If cops barged in my place screaming, refusing to grovel like a dog is not worthy of summary execution especially if I'm a complete third party and if the cops were trigger happy, people would not defend them because they have big Glocks.

I know it's a hard to grasp concept, so I will repeat.

In Canada and other countries, the police does not have a right of life and death over you. Even if you were a serious criminal, let alone a petty thief or someone completely innocent, the police can't shoot you because they feel threatened (you know, that slur used by the usual suspects about how feelings are ridiculous ? Remember those ?). It does not happen because people don't make constant excuses for them. Yet, you might notice, Canadian police not heroically pumping lead in suspects does not result in a free reign of the criminals.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-01 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you don't understand, but in normal countries, people would not defend the trigger happy maniacs who shot a completely innocent man.
    Is this what your handlers tell you to say? or is your programming broken again?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm told all the time by the usual suspects that not having 55 différents guns at home make me a ''slave'' of the guninment. Who here is taking for granted that the police is right to shoot you because you don't obey them while they have no reason whatsoever to do so

Again, I know that for the usual suspects, stealing for 50 $ of booze can warrants the death penalty, cause the cops have very big guns, and are thus good guys . But in this case, the victim have done nothing wrong. I know the information does not process, but if the cop was duel yielding Desert Eagles and was thus ''doubly supah good guy'' (the bigger the hole it make, the more heroic you are), but it's INEXCUSABLE to shoot someone in his home who was not engaging in any criminal activity whatsoever.
    I really want to see just one example of this claim.. just one... so I can rightfully mock the shit out of them... Will you provide this example? or are you going to continue to demonstrate just how intellectually dishonest your programmer is?

Again, oddly enough for a country that have very little guns and is thus ''not free'' according to your Weltanschauung, I live in a country where, if I was a criminal, I would not lose my rights to life if resisting arrest. If cops barged in my place screaming, refusing to grovel like a dog is not worthy of summary execution especially if I'm a complete third party and if the cops were trigger happy, people would not defend them because they have big Glocks.

Between 1990 and 2014 there were 376 fatal police shootings in Canada

https://online.wlu.ca/news/2017/01/0...s-policing-usa

It's not like there are no fatal police shootings in Canada.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Is this what your handlers tell you to say? or is your programming broken again?

- - - Updated - - -

I really want to see just one example of this claim.. just one... so I can rightfully mock the shit out of them... Will you provide this example? or are you going to continue to demonstrate just how intellectually dishonest your programmer is?
    Please, tell me what is ridiculous in saying that Canadians, even including minorities, can argue with cops over trafic violations without being shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Between 1990 and 2014 there were 376 fatal police shootings in Canada

https://online.wlu.ca/news/2017/01/0...s-policing-usa

It's not like there are no fatal police shootings in Canada.
    Your own article says there are SIX TIMES higher. Per capita.

10+ Year Old Account

I know it's a hard to grasp concept, so I will repeat.

In Canada and other countries, the police does not have a right of life and death over you. Even if you were a serious criminal, let alone a petty thief or someone completely innocent, the police can't shoot you because they feel threatened (you know, that slur used by the usual suspects about how feelings are ridiculous ? Remember those ?). It does not happen because people don't make constant excuses for them. Yet, you might notice, Canadian police not heroically pumping lead in suspects does not result in a free reign of the criminals.
    Facts matter... and you've made it clear you know none of the facts of the case... It's why people don't, wont, and shouldn't take you seriously.

Facts matter... and you've made it clear you know none of the facts of the case... It's why people don't, wont, and shouldn't take you seriously.
    What facts matter ? The detail that the cops felt threatened by someone without weapons ?

What facts I ignore ? That in Canada, it's unthinkable that corps would routinely kill not even petty thieves but completely innocent people with people dedicated to excuse them and blame the victim ?

Your own article says there are SIX TIMES higher. Per capita.

But it's not like Canada has zero problems with police shootings.

Clean your own house first.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland