Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    And why exactly SHOULD dungeon finder do this?

    A HUUUUUGE part of an MMO is being helpful to others below you. An MMO isn't about being HYPER selfish and purely committed to improving yourself only. People like that are CANCER. Your addition would make it easier to be selfish. Eff that.
    Yeah, wanting to only group with people of similar skill level to you, so that you don't have to wipe over and over, is CANCER and SELFISH!!!!!!!

    ....lol, are you listening to yourself?

    Also, nuWoW isn't an MMO, it's a 3rd person shooter lobby game with some very light RPG elements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  2. #162
    Anyone here can explain when raider.io make excuse that all run cannot be contribute to score because blizzard api only send some top runs per dungeon ,how come they are able to track run of keys that doesn't contribute to Io score ?

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    Anyone here can explain when raider.io make excuse that all run cannot be contribute to score because blizzard api only send some top runs per dungeon ,how come they are able to track run of keys that doesn't contribute to Io score ?
    How is that an excuse?

    I don't know if there's much of a limit anymore since I haven't seen any warnings of leaderboards being full in a while, but it used to be that only the top like, 500 keys would ever be uploaded to the API which is what raider.io would read from.

    If your run didn't make it into the top 500, you were out of luck and it wouldn't register.

    That has nothing to do with if the run contributes to your io or not. On some servers you'd have to do like at least a +8 in time for the run to show up in that range that raider.io can pick up, but then you could run a +4 with a pug on a server that's completely dead and that +4 will show up on their server's side which would then put it on your io page.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you dont put in effort to improve your score you also lack experience, since you prolly only ran dungeons a handful of times on a meaningful difficulty at most.
    Yup best way to build your score if you are a returning or new player is build your own keys don't expect to get into high stuff right away.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    No, Raider.IO does not tell you anything about the skill level of someone, it just tells you if said person did run M+ or not, do you really think that a mythic raider who doesn't care about M+ and never ran them wouldn't be able to do them? Also it's a waste of time for everyone, even people who run M+ and want to play another character. I highly doubt that someone with 39873269786325928 rio score on main rogue will not be able to do a +10 on his/her twink <insert melee char here> and needs to grind score on the char first. But that's what happens, or otherwise you won't get a group.

    It's a tool for lazy people who don't want to put in some time to check their team mates and rather have a program/site do it for them, even if it's using inadequate information and rules out people who are very well capable of doing the task, simply because it saves some time and effort for those people who build the group.
    Except you can link alts. Also you can't just check teammates via looking at armory because anyone can get 400 ilvl very easily.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How is that an excuse?

    I don't know if there's much of a limit anymore since I haven't seen any warnings of leaderboards being full in a while, but it used to be that only the top like, 500 keys would ever be uploaded to the API which is what raider.io would read from.

    If your run didn't make it into the top 500, you were out of luck and it wouldn't register.

    That has nothing to do with if the run contributes to your io or not. On some servers you'd have to do like at least a +8 in time for the run to show up in that range that raider.io can pick up, but then you could run a +4 with a pug on a server that's completely dead and that +4 will show up on their server's side which would then put it on your io page.
    Limit still does exist as doing a 8,9,10,11 key at the end of week doesn't contribute to keys . Just because warning of leader boards being full doesn't show it doesn't mean 500 doesn't exist.
    For example:- i do a +8 key at the end of reset week(Tuesday late night) and i even +3 it but cutoff of top 500 scoreboard of each dungeon will not be below +10 (what i saw in season 1 , season 2 affix is more easy cutoff should have gone above, realm- EU silvermoon). My run doesn't make into API's top 500 run and as IO reads only from the API +3 key run will not contribute to IO score and shouldn't be tracked yet these run will be tracked with correct information and doesn't contribute to score. Once i did a +3 SOB just to learn the dungeon as i didn't bothered to go through long quest of dungeon unlock on alliance side.As expected +3 run didn't contribute to IO score yet they are able to track the run.
    So how is it that a run can tracked along with how much time a group took to complete the dungeon along with name of every group but it doesn't contribute even +1 to Io score?
    If even +3 SOB was in top 500 of some dead realm i should have got some score as it was tracked by some API that only include top 500 run /dungeon for a realm.I my Io profile i have seen each and every +8/+9 run being tracked but majority of them doesn't even add 1 to IO score
    A run got tracked it should contribute to score but it doesn't
    Last edited by pyro989898; 2019-04-06 at 02:29 PM.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This is your own personal view of how MMOs should be played, there's no "This is how you play MMOs".

    I will gladly help people, I love reading logs and helping people improve and did it a lot when I raided hardcore, I will gladly run someone through a dungeon and teach them said dungeon, but I refuse to hold someones hand and carry them. There's a big difference.

    Not wanting to run the dungeons a few times at lower keys also shows a huge lack of motivation imo. People need to want to learn in order to learn. ANYONE can get into lower keys, refusing to do so in order to run higher keys says enough.

    Also, I played EQ, elitism was strong even in one of the most community based MMOs that ever existed. This is how MMOs have always been.
    i disagree - FF 14 have completly different community then for example wow.

    i may not enjoy their slow gamestyle but hell i envy them their assesment systems and promotion of helping others.

    wow could learn so much from them .

    but its to lat now - blizzard is making wya to much $$ from selling gold to people who have no other choice but to buy boost to promote this in wow.

  7. #167
    Raider.io exists because there are no adequate in-game features that support vetting applicants to M+ groups.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Then in 1 week i started spamming keys starting from +5/6.
    One doesn't get to spam keys as a PUG DPS... I've pretty much given up on M+ these days, too hard to get past the barriers to get into runs.
    "Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault"
    Donald J. Trump - 6:37PM, 8th May 2013

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    Limit still does exist as doing a 8,9,10,11 key at the end of week doesn't contribute to keys . Just because warning of leader boards being full doesn't show it doesn't mean 500 doesn't exist.
    For example:- i do a +8 key at the end of reset week(Tuesday late night) and i even +3 it but cutoff of top 500 scoreboard of each dungeon will not be below +10 (what i saw in season 1 , season 2 affix is more easy cutoff should have gone above, realm- EU silvermoon). My run doesn't make into API's top 500 run and as IO reads only from the API +3 key run will not contribute to IO score and shouldn't be tracked yet these run will be tracked with correct information and doesn't contribute to score. Once i did a +3 SOB just to learn the dungeon as i didn't bothered to go through long quest of dungeon unlock on alliance side.As expected +3 run didn't contribute to IO score yet they are able to track the run.
    So how is it that a run can tracked along with how much time a group took to complete the dungeon along with name of every group but it doesn't contribute even +1 to Io score?
    If even +3 SOB was in top 500 of some dead realm i should have got some score as it was tracked by some API that only include top 500 run /dungeon for a realm.I my Io profile i have seen each and every +8/+9 run being tracked but majority of them doesn't even add 1 to IO score
    A run got tracked it should contribute to score but it doesn't
    I'm honestly lost on what you're trying to say.

    A +3 SoB in time won't count towards your IO score if you already have better done. It only ever takes into account the best key you ran for that dungeon towards your score.

    If you play on Silvermoon, it looks like you play on a server that's similar to Thrall/Sargeras NA, which is what I play on.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus/realms/eu/current

    The leaderboard is ridiculously full for you (for some reason they moved the warning off of the page of the character). So if you want a key that's not higher than what they have there to register, find a group with someone from a servers that aren't full.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

    Change my mind!
    This isnt a half assed youtube video, no on needs to change your mind.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    You're forgetting the days of Gearscore...
    No, I'm not forgetting gearscore at all. Like I said, ilvl was never a good indicator even then. Sure, some people used gearscore, but only because they were too lazy to check logs. And those people ended up with a bunch of people in full PvP gear with no idea what to do in their PUGs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    I don't have guild or permanent m+ group and i have pushed my rio without using my own key. I was joining other groups that had normal requirements, not 400above their own score.

    It is "looking for free boost" or this people think that they are much better than score shows (or maybe they rly are)
    The only way that's possible is if you're a tank, healer or meta class. My main is a hunter with 1215 .io. I can't get into anything above a 9, ever. The only way I can raise my score is to use my own key, since that's the only way I'll be in a key high enough where raising score is possible. That's just the way it is.

    I have every dungeon 11+ in time and a few 13s and 14s. Literally all of them were on my own key. Nobody's inviting a hunter unless their score is way over the dungeon level.

    I know for a fact that I'm skilled enough to get to 1400 score because I've already timed multiple dungeons at 13/14. The only reason my score isn't 1400 already is because I haven't had the opportunity to run a lot of dungeons at +14 yet. So I don't have any qualms at all about inviting people 1400 to my own key groups, even though I'm only 1215 myself.

    Of course I will take lower if I have to, but there is such an oversupply of DPS and healers that you never really need to. The only time you have to compromise is on tanks because they are much rarer.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-04-06 at 03:14 PM.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i disagree - FF 14 have completly different community then for example wow.

    i may not enjoy their slow gamestyle but hell i envy them their assesment systems and promotion of helping others.

    wow could learn so much from them .

    but its to lat now - blizzard is making wya to much $$ from selling gold to people who have no other choice but to buy boost to promote this in wow.
    Is this the game that doesn't allow for damage meters? I push my own keys every season and end up in the top 90% of all players. If people don't get that high, thats their fault.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    Limit still does exist as doing a 8,9,10,11 key at the end of week doesn't contribute to keys . Just because warning of leader boards being full doesn't show it doesn't mean 500 doesn't exist.
    All the runs you have done show on your armory now and raider.io will take your runs no matter how high on the leaderboard it is.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It's funny how people with high scores think it works great while people with low scores think it works poorly. Hmmm... wonder why
    First, you have to understand how raider.io works. It gives you a score for each dungeon and it aggregates those numbers.
    For mythic raiders, like me, it doesn't really worth to go to M+ except the first weeks of a new season. I am only interested Waycrest Manor, for a specific trinket.
    That means i will never ever go into other dungeon than WM and will not go higher than 10-12. Which also means, i have a low raider.io score, despite i'm technically boosting those "high scores" players.

    What i would like to be a nice addition is flag the leavers. Therefore we could see the "high score" guys and avoid them.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

    Change my mind!
    It was made by some real geeks who think the game is that simple, when in reality, the person could always be a really good or really bad player despite those *COUGH COUGH* statistics....

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    It was made by some real geeks who think the game is that simple, when in reality, the person could always be a really good or really bad player despite those *COUGH COUGH* statistics....
    The statistics are often true.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    Limit still does exist as doing a 8,9,10,11 key at the end of week doesn't contribute to keys . Just because warning of leader boards being full doesn't show it doesn't mean 500 doesn't exist.
    Your info is very old. You can do a +2 key two minutes before reset and it will show up on raider.io because every run is availbale via the API from the arsenal.

    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    One doesn't get to spam keys as a PUG DPS... I've pretty much given up on M+ these days, too hard to get past the barriers to get into runs.
    I have actually done that with my hunter alt. Started out with +5/+6 keys and worked my way up to +9 intime in every dungeon. Took about 50 dungeons over 60 hours of /played. Of course you can't just click 2 groups and expect to get invited, get your fishing rod out and make some gold while applying for groups. Now I am at:


  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    All the runs you have done show on your armory now and raider.io will take your runs no matter how high on the leaderboard it is.
    so a key run even if it not in top 500 will contribute to IO score ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm honestly lost on what you're trying to say.

    A +3 SoB in time won't count towards your IO score if you already have better done. It only ever takes into account the best key you ran for that dungeon towards your score.

    If you play on Silvermoon, it looks like you play on a server that's similar to Thrall/Sargeras NA, which is what I play on.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus/realms/eu/current

    The leaderboard is ridiculously full for you (for some reason they moved the warning off of the page of the character). So if you want a key that's not higher than what they have there to register, find a group with someone from a servers that aren't full.

    Their are lot of key run which didn't contribute to my IO (some week score doesn't even increase).Yet they show in raider.io along with score like 89 and don't contribute to IO score.
    1.How come a run raider.io was able to track it with accurate detail and score beside the run and yet it doesn't even contribute to IO score
    2.Raider.io was able to track the run because +3 SOB was in top 500 in some dead realm ,+3 run contributed to some one io score yet run effect on my score is zero?

    3.If raider.io is able to pull key run from armory and then why "top500" still exist ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Your info is very old. You can do a +2 key two minutes before reset and it will show up on raider.io because every run is availbale via the API from the arsenal.



    I have actually done that with my hunter alt. Started out with +5/+6 keys and worked my way up to +9 intime in every dungeon. Took about 50 dungeons over 60 hours of /played. Of course you can't just click 2 groups and expect to get invited, get your fishing rod out and make some gold while applying for groups. Now I am at:

    i have written that line in relation to what run can or cannot contribute to io score

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    One doesn't get to spam keys as a PUG DPS... I've pretty much given up on M+ these days, too hard to get past the barriers to get into runs.
    It's pretty easy to get past the barrier. You just open the premade group finder and press create group. Bingo.

  20. #180
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    409
    No point trying to change your mind, it's obvious that you won't accept any argument that could change it anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •