Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heart of Azeroth reforge.....soooo dual spec problems

This looks like a disaster. You have to reforge your Heart of Azeroth now!??!?! uhh what if I tank a boss then I go back to dps?!?!??! Do I have to goto Silithus to reforge my heart of Azeroth?!?!? I am seriously concerned with how grindy they can get.

I am going to need some details because this sound horrible as you slot in different things but only get so many slots...... that royally screws people who tank or dps especially hard if you have to go all the way to Silithus to reslot this thing.

So will we have a tank Heart of Azeroth and a dps Heart of Azeroth?!?!

Edit" Confirmed issue for dual spec players

Much like Talents, once you’ve learned an Essence, you’ll be able to apply it or swap it out through a new Heart of Azeroth interface within rest areas, cities, or when using items such as the Tome of Quiet Mind.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...zeroth-updates

When I swap from prot to ret my talents automatically swap. If you are tank now you will have to travel back to a city to readjust you heart which is in a ret spec then travel back yet again if you need to tank again. I literally will not be able to queue for a LFD dungeon if I am not in a city as a tank and am out in the world questing.........

For healers this sounds like a nightmare as they swap back and forth sometimes multiple times in a raid.

Easiest way to fix this is when swapping specs the Heart of Azeroth automatically readjust to your Prot/DPS/Healer talent build you select.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally the first piece of information you got and you are already complaining. Just wait for the PTR.

They are going to connect it to each spec separately.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it'll be more spec friendly that it's now.
    Because if people want to switch and they dont have another gear their traits just useless...
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Literally the first piece of information you got and you are already complaining. Just wait for the PTR.
    This looks like it is going to suck nuts if you do both which I do. I am hoping that it auto adjust depending on if I am in prot or ret. It is going to be a bitch to farm the essenses but whatever I can live with that.

If you have to reforge it like Azerite armor in Silithus of all places they are going to get very negative feedback. There is a ton of stuff he listed I am excited for but I am very cautious of this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This looks like a disaster. You have to reforge your Heart of Azeroth now!??!?! uhh what if I tank a boss then I go back to dps?!?!??! Do I have to goto Silithus to reforge my heart of Azeroth?!?!? I am seriously concerned with how grindy they can get.

I am going to need some details because this sound horrible as you slot in different things but only get so many slots...... that royally screws people who tank or dps especially hard if you have to go all the way to Silithus to reslot this thing.

So will we have a tank Heart of Azeroth and a dps Heart of Azeroth?!?!
    Why are you asking this question now? So far we know just about as much as you

I am hoping it's gonna be adjustable by spec. The 3 extra pieces of azerite armor for offspec are enough trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Why are you asking this question now? So far we know just about as much as you
    Well someone needs to point out the obvious. We were led to believe it would be more of a tree you unlock so dual spec players would not have to worry but it looks very limited and the essences from the screen shot look very clearly Tank, DPS, or Healer focused.

My main question is do we have two heart of Azeroths or hell 3 that auto adjust depending on my spec or am I forced to reforge this thing somehow in Silithus? Just thinking about BoD where you can 3 tank the first boss then go back to dps that would be a absolute nightmare.

Hell even doing world quest while queued in the LFD sounds like hell on Earth. Noone quest in their tank spec but I queue in my tank spec.

Well you don't have to return to Silithus as its treated like talents, so you can switch in rested areas or with a book. It's been posted in the blog that just released

"having to go all the way to silithus"? You do know there's a portal to magni in silithus literally 5 steps away after using your HS to the zandalar hub? It's not like you need to tp to org, take flight point gadgetzan and then fly to silithus like it was 12 years ago.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    You do know that they said "We are excited for peoples testing and feedback" :P
    And yes, wait until PTR before panicing :P

"Much like Talents, once you’ve learned an Essence, you’ll be able to apply it or swap it out through a new Heart of Azeroth interface within rest areas, cities, or when using items such as the Tome of Quiet Mind."

From the blog post. /thread

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...zeroth-updates

Well someone needs to point out the obvious. We were led to believe it would be more of a tree you unlock so dual spec players would not have to worry but it looks very limited and the essences from the screen shot look very clearly Tank, DPS, or Healer focused.

My main question is do we have two heart of Azeroths or hell 3 that auto adjust depending on my spec or am I forced to reforge this thing somehow in Silithus? Just thinking about BoD where you can 3 tank the first boss then go back to dps that would be a absolute nightmare.

Hell even doing world quest while queued in the LFD sounds like hell on Earth. Noone quest in their tank spec but I queue in my tank spec.
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...eroth-updates/

You can just swap out your stuff like talents... in rested areas etc

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...eroth-updates/

You can just swap out your stuff like talents... in rested areas etc
    Oh cool...hey raid let me leave real quick to spec my Heart back to Ret since this is not a 3 tank fight anymore. Oh hey there healer go back to dps for this one fight...ok respeced...next fight respec back to healer.....ok this one pull go back to dps or healer on the next fight

The talents need to auto swap when I switch specs or this is going to be a nightmare. Oh out in the world as ret??? to damn bad if you want to queue as a tank because you need to go back to a city to respec because it will queue you as a Tank but with a Heart specced for Ret.

For healers this will be way worse as they will be carrying around Dps spec'd hearts a majority of the time. If it does not auto swap the traits in the heart when you swap specs then they need to not release this content in 8.2

Oh cool...hey raid let me leave real quick to spec my Heart back to Ret since this is not a 3 tank fight anymore. Oh hey there healer go back to dps for this one fight...ok respeced...next fight respec back to healer.....ok this one pull go back to dps or healer on the next fight

The talents need to auto swap when I switch specs or this is going to be a nightmare.
    DUDE read the fucking blog. You can even use the tomes to respec... and how the fuck is this a problem, it literally works like the talent system has been working since cataclysm? (and before that it wasn't possible)

You really have to find a reason to hate it, don't you?

DUDE read the fucking blog. You can even use the tomes to respec... and how the fuck is this a problem, it literally works like the talent system has been working since cataclysm? (and before that it wasn't possible)

You really have to find a reason to hate it, don't you?
    I just want confirmation that when I swap specs from prot to ret that the Heart swaps. That is my only real concern here. People bitching about grinding really do not concern me and the rest looks cool. All it says is it works like talents you spec into but it does not say Auto swaps when you swap specs.

Is there a Tank Heart...dps heart almost like you can name a transmog. If not this will be an absolute major pain in the ass. Imagine having to respec when you enter an LFD dungeon as a tank who quest out in the world as ret. This shit might not affect you but I do it a lot.

The talents need to auto swap when I switch specs or this is going to be a nightmare. Oh out in the world as ret??? to damn bad if you want to queue as a tank because you need to go back to a city to respec because it will queue you as a Tank but with a Heart specced for Ret.

For healers this will be way worse as they will be carrying around Dps spec'd hearts a majority of the time. If it does not auto swap the traits in the heart when you swap specs then they need to not release this content in 8.2
    There are literally zero 3 tank fights in the game now, and what the fuck are you talking about with leaving to respec? Use a damn tome like you would when you swap talents between bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    There are literally zero 3 tank fights in the game now, and what the fuck are you talking about with leaving to respec? Use a damn tome like you would when you swap talents between bosses.
    Azerite traits are still on gear. So not only do you need to reforge that you also need to respec this heart between fights. I pity healers who swap between Aoe and Single target between fights. Also use a damn Tome does not work in the scenario I described.

It is damn ridiculous to expect me to use a tome when I am questing as Ret get queued as a tank then go back out and back to ret. That is 2 god damn tomes if this system is not automatic on switching.

Azerite traits are still on gear. So not only do you need to reforge that you also need to respec this heart between fights. I pity healers who swap between Aoe and Single target between fights. Also use a damn Tome does not work in the scenario I described.

It is damn ridiculous to expect me to use a tome when I am questing as Ret get queued as a tank then go back out and back to ret. That is 2 god damn tomes if this system is not automatic on switching.
    I agree that zerite traits on gear are dumb as fuck but you made this thread about the new neck traits no? And a tome does work for that. Also tomes are not expensive and getting worked up over using 2 tomes is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I agree that zerite traits on gear are dumb as fuck but you made this thread about the new neck traits no? And a tome does work for that. Also tomes are not expensive and getting worked up over using 2 tomes is just silly.
    "oh wait up random people in a heroic pug while I respec my heart"..it does not make much sense. I'll wait for the PTR to see if it is automatic.