Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They made everything into a build - spend model, whilst giving everyone the same abilities by function under a different name and animation. There is very little depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Because in BfA the classes are so much more homogenous.

Little attack - filler spell to build up resource (energy, insanity, maelstrom, etc)
    Medium attack - Longer cd spell that's pretty strong and builds resources faster than little attacks.
    Large attack - Only use on proc because it takes long to cast

It is exactly like that quest in MoP when you play the Nelf guy, Rel or something? Same exact feeling.

That's it. That is what is destroying WoW.
    This. It is basically Diablo 3 style. Very very simplistic, you think giving resource bars different names makes it a different play style?? lol.. It is all the same

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    This. It is basically Diablo 3 style. Very very simplistic, you think giving resource bars different names makes it a different play style?? lol.. It is all the same
    It's also incredibly lazy and easily balanced, which is another reason overlooked. It's the exact same reason Azerite traits are the same across the board for basically all classes. Add x passive int/str/agi by y for however many seconds, increase damage of little/big attack by x for all specs. I can't help but laugh at the idea that they're adding actives, because it's probably just going to be the exact same thing, only instead of it happening passively, oh, you push the button this time for that int/str for each class.

Imagine dumbing your game down to the point you push 3 buttons with 1 major CD, and then having people being satisfied with that because they're the morons it's catered to. At least in other games you actually felt rewarded for your rotations an doing it well over someone who could not, and that would give them something to strive for because they could see on the meters, should they have one, that they're nowhere near where they could be. It's even the same thing with removing snapdotting DoTs, or timing your trinkets with a perfect combustion to set you apart. It's the little things that slowly add up. It's a good thing the PvE content in this game is really good, otherwise there'd be no one left who cares about combat left in this game.
    Last edited by La; 2019-04-04 at 08:26 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    No, for me they do play fine. I have fun playing all of them.
    So you think they are on the same level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm it depends. In raids you can easly use 1 to 4 buttons depends on class and build. Now we are using more or i use more? Important thing is that now almost all players know the game mechanic and know how to play in general. Back in days it was more like OK LETS TRY HOW IT WORKS. A lot didnt know about rotation and major builds so its hard to compare classic back than vs classic now and retail.

PPL like to say "ohhh vanilla was really hard". Bullshit they just remember it as hard. Classdesing was horrible. One class had one proper build for raiding. Rotation was like spam 1-4 buttons? Raids wanst hard that much. PPL just didnt had that skill.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-04-04 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    People mistake having a bunch of worthless abilities with no point in ever using let alone having on your bars for complexity. The only real difference for most specs from Legion, where class design was considered great for the most part, is the loss of the artifact clickable ability.
    BFA is much much worse. It's a combination of losing that clickable ability + a much slower rotation due to the loss of stats on 3 major item slots, plus gcd everything plus some abilities from legendaries now being talents or gone completely.

My ret is much worse than legion. The rotation is slower and clunkier and i have no cleave unless i use a specific azerite trait that is proc based.
    I'm sure this applies to almost all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    People mistake having a bunch of worthless abilities with no point in ever using let alone having on your bars for complexity. The only real difference for most specs from Legion, where class design was considered great for the most part, is the loss of the artifact clickable ability.
    BFA transition lost us :
    Artifact weapon ability
    Artifact passive traits
    Artifacts golden traits
    Legendary effects
    2p+4p set bonuses

Yes, they dumbed down the game

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    On my priest I have tons of abilities to use, with holy having the most. Could I get some perspective from people that think the classes are too easy to play?
    WotLK feral druid opener in PvP:
    - Overall, if alone, if your enemy is not a mage, you should use pounce for the 4 seconds stun.
    - If your enemy is a mage, use ravage instead, reason being that blink will remove the stun.
    - If your enemy is a drinking and has low armor and low life you may consider using ravage since it will be a granted critical.
    - If you are opening with a rogue, discuss which one of you is going to stun.
    - If you are opening with a warrior or a hunter, you may want to consider opening with pounce into a 5 points maim or bash. Pounce stun and bash/maim do not share a DR, meaning you get a 9 seconds stun opener and high burst classes without stuns can take a lot of advantage from it.

BfA feral druid opener in PvP:
    - Use rake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabai View Post

Thats why.....
    On mop I had 75 binds (God bless razer mice) =(
    Man I miss those days...
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    BFA transition lost us :
    Artifact weapon ability
    Artifact passive traits
    Artifacts golden traits
    Legendary effects
    2p+4p set bonuses

Yes, they dumbed down the game
    BuT tHoSe ArE pAsSiVeS /s

People use the word "dumbed down", because the older versions had more ways of being useless. When you have a millions different spells and stats, or just fifty, all variations will quickly be simulated and broken down into the right spec/gear/rotation/enchants etc, VS all the rest, which might as well be garbage. Players read what to choose, they don't investigate and test for themselves, and at least earlier, they could just copy the talent tree string form these sites into their game, so they didn't even have to make the clicks. Casual players aren't interested in the details, they just want to be optimized. The devs have understood this and have removed things that are basically clutter. So the game wasn't "smarter" before, it just had more traps to avoid. This upsets the most dedicated players, because they want bad/new people to "git gud" through trying and failing, a struggle to improve oneself that takes patience and dedication.
    Mother pus bucket!

Cos you dont have 276 abilities per class anymore (nevertheless 270 of those abilities were useless).

Can we ask Mod to permaban people that post this kind of syllogism

" More Button to Press = Better Class Design/Complexity "

Pretty please?

Tbh the biggest issue for me is the GCD change. It certainly did hurt my main(Paladin). I didnt really think much about it before BfA besides reading about it,, but dang it was not a cool change.

I actually enjoyed playing fury warrior before I unsubbed, but not enough to keep me playing. But it did make me ignore my paladin and go play my orc warr.

BTW, more abilities doesnt need to mean better gameplay. I remember back in the old days(classic/bc) playing my hunter and paladin. Looooaaaads of abilities but I wasnt using all of them all the time. Some of them almost never. They were just there and used rarely.

But atleast I had the option to use them if I wanted to, instead of loosing them :P

Yeah people complain about dumbing down and whatnot, but yet most of the players still underperform so badly compared to their gear. Pretty sure most of the people who complain about dumbing down, do not even perform top 80% of their class potential. Many never comprehend how good can you actually play in WoW, many blame class designs, in reality it's 99% the skin and flesh between the monitor and keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Can we ask Mod to permaban people that post this kind of syllogism

" More Button to Press = Better Class Design/Complexity "

Pretty please?
    Yes please!!! I love playing World of Warcraft with my Super Nintendo Controller!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Yes please!!! I love playing World of Warcraft with my Super Nintendo Controller!!!
    Don't worry with 10 or 50 buttons to press if you are bad, you will still be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Don't worry with 10 or 50 button to press of you are bad you will still be bad.
    Way to out yourself as a demon hunter player

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabai View Post

Thats why.....
    Cata Marksmen was the shit. One of my favourite ever specs, shame hunter is like pulling teeth now.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Way to out yourself as a demon hunter player
    Oh snap you failed again.

I'm playing the same class since vanilla so

But I guess that LFR with 50 spell must be awesome