Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post

.80's American pop music was pretty damn good. Tears for fears, Wham, Depeche mode, The cure, I can keep going but really it was actually good.
    None of them were american, they're all british.

heres a palate cleanser

For some reason I was thinking of something else...

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post

April schedule:

April 6: BLACKPINK To Appear on MBC Music Core
    April 7: BLACKPINK ‘Kill This Love’ Comeback Stage on SBS Inkigayo
    April 12 & 19: BLACKPINK To Perform at COACHELLA Music Festival USA in April 2019
    April 17: BLACKPINK 2019 World Tour – Los Angeles, California, USA
    April 24: BLACKPINK 2019 World Tour – Chicago, Illinois, USA
    April 27: BLACKPINK 2019 World Tour – Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Honestly, who listens to this trash? I mean I guess stuff like Gangam Style was fun at that time, but 99% of the K-Pop songs are so generic and shit... the music and singing remind me of songs for pre-teens...

And no I am not someone who hates most styles of music. I actually like most of the pop music that gets released here.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-07 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this just a korean version of american trash hip hop? A less whoreish version of whatever Nicki Minaj and the like throw out

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    heres a palate cleanser
    Ah...yeah that's great. Here's something more recent but still very good.

No shame, kinda enjoyed it. But ill never listen to it again lol
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They catered to the west and American groups like Mr Mister and other bands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Isn't this just a korean version of american trash hip hop? A less whoreish version of whatever Nicki Minaj and the like throw out
    Yeah pretty much....when it comes to hip hop today it makes me sad when two words songs replace actual lyrical lines.

- - - Updated - - -

What I meant to say is that those British pop bands are indistinguishable from American pop bands...they all held the same sound.

- - - Updated - - -

I did say I can keep going, I was not going to make a mega list lol.

Eh I guess this is aimed at teenagers or something, didn't like it that much but it was definitely not among the worst songs I've heard recently, kinda OK.
    Last edited by Mamushi; 2019-04-07 at 02:14 PM.

I never been a fan of K pop music

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about that...80's American pop music was pretty damn good. Tears for fears, Wham, Depeche mode, The cure, I can keep going but really it was actually good. K pop is nothing but a vanity show.
    Don't you forget Boy George. Karma Chameleon was AMAZING

It seems people are either to old and stuck with their ass in the 80's and 90's or they just don't' appreciate something different.

Sure Kpop may not be for everyone but to shit on it as garbage is unnecessary.

And about having no talent if you would look at their personal vlogs/dance videos and stuff you would see that they have talent.

i'm proud to be a BLINK.

Well the music of ones youth will almost always be the best music ever for them. If I hear Third Eye Blind, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Green Day, or anything like that, I'm instantly taken back to those teenage years where everything is golden in my memory.

I'd be more concerned about Kpop creating plastic surgery monsters than pandering to whatever kind of music sells the most.

B-L-Greek letter L-phoenetic symbol for the vowel "aw"-K-P-I-Cyrillic letter E-K ?

BLLAWKPIEEK?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Untalented and ugly South Korean female and male bands are stealing our American culture and claiming it's theirs by introducing a "new genre" of music: K-Pop
    LOL wot?

- - - Updated - - -

It's okay when Americans steal from other countries. Not okay when it's the other countries are influenced by America. This is what I'm getting from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I listen to all kinds of niche and under-the-radar music by artists like 2814, Wordclock, and Heilung, but I really do appreciate a good pop song. Mostly because they're bloody hard to write, and the song structure, arrangement and production values are almost always excellent. The melodic/lyrical hooks are often genius, and as a hobbyist musician I know all the sheer talent and hard work that goes into crafting a good pop track.

Creatively that song by Blackpink is trash, there's nothing original or unique about it at all - but it's trash that takes genuine talent to make. "Ponponpon" by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, an incredibly cheesy song, isn't trash IMO. It uses a conventional dance beat but the overall vibe of it is unique and the melody and lyrics get stuck in your head. "Don't Call Me Up" by Mabel is something I'd never buy, but I have to appreciate the genius in the writing and production.

I never been a fan of K pop music

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about that...80's American pop music was pretty damn good. Tears for fears, Wham, Depeche mode, The cure, I can keep going but really it was actually good. K pop is nothing but a vanity show.
    Did you grow up in the 80s? Because there was a lot of trash that we've all forgotten. Only the good stuff is still around.

That's why comparing this decade to that decade is near impossible, because we have a very nostalgic sense of what was popular back then. I can tell you right now, Depeche Mode and The Cure was music for "losers" and not at all mainstream, let alone pop music. Much like Nirvana wasn't really mainstream until, like, 6 months before Kurt Cobain offed himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    This song is a mess but the comments here read like a fucking parody of that borninleronggeneration shit you see everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Did you grow up in the 80s? Because there was a lot of trash that we've all forgotten. Only the good stuff is still around.

That's why comparing this decade to that decade is near impossible, because we have a very nostalgic sense of what was popular back then. I can tell you right now, Depeche Mode and The Cure was music for "losers" and not at all mainstream, let alone pop music. Much like Nirvana wasn't really mainstream until, like, 6 months before Kurt Cobain offed himself.
    True enough, its like that with every genre of music I suppose. I wonder how they will view the new age rap music 20 years from now.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2019-04-07 at 02:48 PM.

Okay, since the internet is absolutely determined that I listen to this song, I sat down and actually watched it.

It's alright. I don't think I like it more than DU-DDU DU-DDU... and I mostly just like that because the title looks cute in Hangul.

I dunno, I always feel like Blackpink is just okay. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing really all that amazing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The other tracks are a lot better than kill this love is imo.

This shit is disgraceful for Kpop and that's what gives Kpop a bad reputation. A pity that the good artists like se7en, bigbang, t-ara and snds disappeared.