Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We used to have BOTH types of rep grinds in one tier: farm stuff (the black prince rep in mop, the cloud serpent rep with the eggs plus dailies also in mop), and daily grinds (everything else in mop). I do think mop reps were overall the best, altough I wasn't fan of the "rep behind rep" idea, and the plus valor requirement weird thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    they are referred to as MAU's or DAU's, Monthly/Daily Active Users... the funny thing about a game like wow though, is that when you build it around forcing players to play daily or monthly you end up having the opposite effect, which i know to be true because we're currently experiencing it.
    there are efficceint ways of azerite grinding, weekly IE cap, emissaries and weekly m+ chest.
    if you do those 3 things youll maintian a decent trait level. its a grind soft cap, allowing people who dont play many hrs every day to keep up.
    but you can keep grinding azerite if you desire to do so, some maniacs reached 50 like a month ago.

likewise there are rep grind soft caps, but you can keep grinding untill your eyes bleed.

its a decent flexible grind system imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    When i had to do 6 for the weekly to get my Honourbound rep i wanted to stab my own eyes out. 1000 runs? Hell no.
    rep powergrinding has never been a thrilling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post

rep powergrinding has never been a thrilling experience.
    Can't argue with that but coupled with the some of the worst content the game has seen it takes it to another level of monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    100 for a tiny bit repu

wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's like 6-10 Doubloons per run lol.

So it's 10-17 runs depending on luck lol.... for 250 fucking rep.
    It's more like 10-12 dubloon per run actually cuz you can get 20+ dubloon in a sack and you can get multiplex sacks. If you do a lot of expeditions it adds up easily. Let's Say one Island takes 5 mind with a dedicated team and It's a pretty efficient grind.
    Let's éven add the fact you get shitloads of AP and gold from transmog sells plus the rep tokens can alsó drop (maybe éven a mount or two) and suddenly its pretty good.
    But its a grind, and even tho you Say you want that you dont actually want that. You want tó get exalted in a day with like 10 dungeons and thats it. You cant so you cry.

Are expeditions the most efficient? No. Logging in daily for 30 mind is.
    Are they good if you want to do it in one sitting? Yes. It éven comes close tó the 75 hours OP said.

I'm exalted with everything on 3 chars without grinding for rep on any of them btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    "I finally pulled the plug on the Zandalari rep grind. I thought one of my kids would see it through on his charactor, but he said screw it too.

I miss the days I used to tell my wife I am going to need 72 hours, no interuptions and the coffee maker moved to my desk."

You sure got a very ... umh ... understanding wife and ... uhm ... understanding(?) kids that lets you check out of family life for 72 hours
    I do not think so.... No different than taking a few days to do a boys or girls trip. I say kids but they are in college. i have been gaming awhile

ohh and for full transparency, i had to move the coffee pot myself. I am just saying everybodies schedules are different. It seems unfair to penalize the weekend video game warriors.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2019-04-07 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    Most of the factions in TBC required you to chain run dungeons to gain rep in them. WOTLK and Cata had ways to farm rep outside of dailies by equipping specific tabards and farming dungeons. This forced time gating began in MOP.
    And I distinctly remember people complaining about being "forced" to chain run dungeons wearing the tabards to get the rep. There's no such thing as winning when you're a game dev, you can only try to lose as little as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And I distinctly remember people complaining about being "forced" to chain run dungeons wearing the tabards to get the rep. There's no such thing as winning when you're a game dev, you can only try to lose as little as possible.
    The main point being that back then you could work on your reputations on your own timetable. Want to do just one or two dungeon runs a day? That was fine. Want to grind to exalted in one sitting? That was also possible. Now everything is timegated out of your control.

The main point being that back then you could work on your reputations on your own timetable. Want to do just one or two dungeon runs a day? That was fine. Want to grind to exalted in one sitting? That was also possible. Now everything is timegated out of your control.
    And the playerbase has demonstrated time and again they don't have the self control to handle that kind of stuff. Just look at this very expansion launch. On day three of the expansion we had tryhards who endangered their own health by playing nonstop for 3 days, without sleep or break, complaining that they'd already reached max level and farmed all the heroics and regular mythics and were whining "where's the content, blizz, we're out of stuff to do already."

Like I said there's no winning. Time gating only hurts tryhards and wannabe tryhards, which is a smaller part of their playerbase.

This.

Putting mounts back to Exalted was a good move. Nobody liked the stupid RNG lockbox stuff for mounts. It's not exciting at all.

However they've now basically reduced the WQ rep in BFA to 75 for ALL World Quests except that stupid Naga invasion one. In Legion it was 75 for a normal, 150 for a blue and 250 for an Elite.

Safe to say it was absolutely done to keep people on the sub hook longer while they farm the cash grab that are allied races.

The only way to freely farm rep right now is by spamming Island Expeditions. And on Heroic you can get as low as 4 doubloons or as high as 10-12 per run. That's either 25 or 10 runs just to get a measly 250 rep. It's pathetic.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-11 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This.

Putting mounts back to Exalted was a good move. Nobody liked the stupid RNG lockbox stuff for mounts. It's not exciting at all.

However they've now basically reduced the WQ rep in BFA to 75 for ALL World Quests except that stupid Naga invasion one. In Legion it was 75 for a normal, 150 for a blue and 250 for an Elite.

Safe to say it was absolutely done to keep people on the sub hook longer while they farm the cash grab that are allied races.
    Let's see how many we can find.

We still have mounts at exalted. We just have additional goodies alongside big chunks of AP and resources as a reward for continuing to do quests. It's not "exalted, bought the stuff, now there's no reason to do anything in this zone where's the content Blizz" like we had in WoD.

Also if allied races were cash grabs they wouldn't have given us a 1/3 off sale the week they came out and wouldn't have made boosting invalidate getting the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And the playerbase has demonstrated time and again they don't have the self control to handle that kind of stuff. Just look at this very expansion launch. On day three of the expansion we had tryhards who endangered their own health by playing nonstop for 3 days, without sleep or break, complaining that they'd already reached max level and farmed all the heroics and regular mythics and were whining "where's the content, blizz, we're out of stuff to do already."

Like I said there's no winning. Time gating only hurts tryhards and wannabe tryhards, which is a smaller part of their playerbase.
    Well at least the way I liked to play this game is to go full on no life when new content comes out and after ~month I'm at the point where I only need to raid log and I can play with my alts casually while waiting for the next content patch. That was the way tryhards played this game for years before this forced timegating and constant need to farm arbitrary upgrades came along. And honestly that cyclical gameplay loop from before was a lot better, for me at least.

Well at least the way I liked to play this game is to go full on no life when new content comes out and after ~month I'm at the point where I only need to raid log and I can play with my alts casually while waiting for the next content patch. That was the way tryhards played this game for years before this forced timegating and constant need to farm arbitrary upgrades came along. And honestly that cyclical gameplay loop from before was a lot better, for me at least.
    Thank you for your civility. "The way I liked" and "for me at least". Thank you. Having your own opinion is totally cool and ok. Saying that the game is bad, or the devs don't care, or some other nonsense, because the game isn't what YOU want is most of what I see on these forums and is very depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Margamanthak View Post
    In BC, this wasn't the case. The raid factions took months to do, and Sha'tari Skyguard, Ogri'la, and Shattered Sun took months. Only the factions tied to the 5-mans could be grinded that way, and normal stopped giving rep for them at revered, which means you were daily locked.

In wrath, most of the leveling factions had tabards you could buy to level through dungeons( level 80 dungeons ONLY, so mostly heroics), except for Kalu'ak and the Sholozar factions, which were tied to about 3 weeks of dailies to hit exalted, and Hodir, which you could farm Shards to gain additional xp for. Raid faction as well.

Cataclysm had the leveling factions with tabards. the Tol Barad faction, and the Firelands faction both took weeks of farming.

Most of Pandaland's factions were tied to dailies, Paragon 5-man bonuses, and eventually the Tiller farm repeatable turnins, and rep tokens. Then you had Emperor Shaohao, who's grind became the standard for WoD, Lorewalkers, which actually could be knocked out in a few hours, Thunder Isle reps, which took weeks, same with raid factions, and Nat Pagle, which is capped at 750 rep per day.

WoD's factions were entirely dependant on how bored you were and how many people you were competing against, since you were slaughtering literally thousands of mobs per faction to hit exalted, but you could do each one in a day or so.

No faction in Legion or BFA could be grinded out in a few days.

The point is, MORE THAN HALF the factions in the game took time to grind out, and still do. The Dungeon tabard factions usually ended up being limited by the daily lockout, and most of the others had daily caps set by the number of quests available.

Edit: I started in BC, so I lived these rep grinds. Also, Vanilla reps took days to hit exalted with? Not in Vanilla they didn't.
    Thank you, this is exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wow has been like this since TBC with daily quests idk what you are remembering or thinking of.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean you don't get rewards if you don't play the game? Color me shocked.
    Yup. Although until Ogri'la and Skethrak or whatever it was called, there weren't many around. WotLK only let you do 10. But still shit took time, and no one really thought killing Furbolgs for hours a day for weeks on end to hit exalted for shitty gear was great back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I think it's less about 'we care for your health and we want you to take breaks' and more about 'we don't want you to get this done in a few days so you stay subbed for longer and give us more $$$'.
    The nerve of a corporation just being in it for the $$$!
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles