Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Tech Platforms Obliterated ISIS Online. They Could Do The Same With White Nationalism

While most mainstream social networks have become aggressive about removing pro-ISIS content from the average user’s feed, far-right extremism and white nationalism continue to thrive.

The pages and groups of ISIS members and supporters have almost been completely scrubbed from Facebook. Beheading videos are pulled down from YouTube within hours. The terror group’s formerly vast network of Twitter accounts have been almost completely erased. Even the slick propaganda videos, once broadcast on multiple platforms within minutes of publication, have been relegated to private groups on apps like Telegram and WhatsApp.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...m-as-terrorism

Should we have tech companies go after white nationalism online the same way they went after ISIS?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

They're the same kind of terrorists, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Should we have tech companies go after white nationalism online the same way they went after ISIS?
    No, there's nothing wrong with being a white nationalist, untill you cross the line of violence. Same with there's nothing with with being a part of some weird religion, until you cross the line of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Well, hey, slippery slope.

Well that's one giant rug to sweep it all under. I'm sure nothing bad will result of it once its out of sight.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Well that's one giant rug to sweep it all under. I'm sure nothing bad will result of it once its out of sight.
    Exactly this. Silencing speech doesn't silence thoughts. In fact, silencing peoples dark thoughts amplifies the problem. In effect, they are indirectly supporting White Nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Where we're the free speach people when ISIS websites were being taken down?
    Those people only care about their own freedom of speech. And how they can use it to stifle the freedom of speech of others.

Considering they're different sides of the same coin, brainwash the vulnerable into depraved acts of terrorism and promote ignorance and violencem definitly!
    RETH

Extremists that spout violence, sure I guess. That's entirely up the the owners of the platforms but I'd hate to see people banned just for saying "America First!".
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Yeah, if half of them weren't on the same side...

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    No, there's nothing wrong with being a white nationalist, untill you cross the line of violence. Same with there's nothing with with being a part of some weird religion, until you cross the line of violence.
    You mean like isis? Is it okay to be part of isis and support it and post to recruit as long as you’re not killing people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    Exactly this. Silencing speech doesn't silence thoughts. In fact, silencing peoples dark thoughts amplifies the problem. In effect, they are indirectly supporting White Nationalism.

Or you hurt recruitment and the next terrorist doesn’t get radicalized.

Sure, there totally aren't problems right now with people being falsely labeled as white nationalists, what could possibly go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not stop there, lets also obliterate black supremacists, communists, antifa... The list can go on.

Now, how can we tell if this will not get abused? we cant. Right now anyone who has a different opinion on the left can be targeted as a nazi and have their life destroyed. Happened too many times.

Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants.
    [/URL]

You're talking like twitter & co doesn't already try to purge white "supremacy". If you can call it that.

https://files.catbox.moe/ib7pc4.jpeg

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nationalists that’s happen to be white = white nationalist to most of the left.

What is it with the alt-right sympathisers coming out of the woodwork as of late? Every single one of these threads is full of those commenters compared to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    What is it with the alt-right sympathisers coming out of the woodwork as of late? Every single one of these threads is full of those commenters compared to anyone else.
    Because once you start down the road of censorship for unpopular speech, stopping on that path can prove to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

White identity is a reaction to Western Anti-white id-pol, it's not going away no matter what name they give it. Considering it equivalent to isis, now that's amusing.
    Working on my next ban.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any sites/twitter accounts/tumblr that straight up encourage violence should be suspended, regardless of their political leanings.