Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lets politicize everything lol

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I will always bring up that fans loved Alita: Battle Angel. It easily could have gone on a campaign of Woke signaling. It had a Hispanic female lead actress, Hispanic director. It had all the ingredients and more since CM's Bre Larson was as white as could be.

Yet didn't do that, and the fans loved the movie and bought a fuck ton of tickets. Despite all this, the same Hollywood press hated Alita, but love CM.

So you have a problem, you cannot with a straight face claim that this is "Men hate the WHAMENS!" since other female-led films are beloved and have done exceptionally well.
    Alita
    Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic:
    $85,316,378
    21.2%
    + Foreign:
    $316,393,320
    78.8%

= Worldwide:
    $401,709,698

Captain Marvel
    Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic:
    $373,880,366
    36.0%
    + Foreign:
    $664,099,896
    64.0%

= Worldwide:
    $1,037,980,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, they are for us. In Star Wars, you've got ships that seem to be both aircraft and space vessels as a common thing. I forget if the T-16s were able to go out of orbit, but they do seem pretty similar.

There's a cut scene of Yoda training him with the lightsaber, but sadly it is, then, a cut scene and not in the film.

Hyper nerds have calculated that Luke trained with Yoda for 2 or 3 months based on what they could scratch together of the Falcon's capabilities and how long it would take to have flown from Hoth to Bespin without the hyper drive. While that's not stated in the film, eagle eyed fans have taken that along with Luke's clothing distress & changes on Dagobah to indicate there's definitely a reasonable passage of time.
    This exactly. We know time has passed during his training while on Dagobah. It's widely regarded he spent anywhere from 21 days to roughly 6 months at an extreme on Dagobah. Where as in the Last Jedi we know the events took place over 2 days and 2 nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1A7DO_3I1k

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Well, that would be Guri, the anatomically correct sexbot that is also a killbot (hopefully, she does not mix both jobs). Her employer is a dude who eats fugu fish, conspire against Vader and oogoles on Princess Leia taking shower (he does not last his own book)
    Holy crap I was joking....that's real!? I'm not going to look it up at work but I may need to make a note to do so later; that's pretty hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I never understood this "SJW" hate thing.

It seems like a trend for being edgy.

Cool and edgy kids despise "SJW" issues, which for them is everything that relates to minorities or female issues.

I find it a bit childish...

But I do agree that some movies are horrible when they focused their efforts on social issues rather than on the story itself (Star Wars 8, i am looking at YOU)

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh its even worse, if the droids do start giving lip they generally are memory wiped. There were several droid rebellions, IG-88 was part a very interesting tale about a long reaching plot to turn all droids against non droids.
    Are droids fully self aware? or have a true free will? because as far as i know, most of the droids are fancy computers, and even robots like C-3PO have a full obedience programmed onto them.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    This exactly. We know time has passed during his training while on Dagobah. It's widely regarded he spent anywhere from 21 days to roughly 6 months at an extreme on Dagobah. Where as in the Last Jedi we know the events took place over 2 days and 2 nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1A7DO_3I1k
    The Executor and Death Squadron spent six months waiting at Bespin. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    the people who rage about such things are just SJW's for there own side, the problem comes about when there own side is just abunch of morons shrieking about woman and minority's instead of shrieking about what ever the topic of the mouth for SJW's is.

no one should take them seriously just as they shouldn't take normal SJW's seriously.
    The irony is that they think they're taking some kind of high ground by stooping to the same level as the people they criticize.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What if I told you he's nothing more than a cool costume?

But that's fine, so is Boba Fett.
    But unlike Boba Fett, Maul actually did more than just look cool, he actually gave us one of the best battles in Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The Executor and Death Squadron spent six months waiting at Bespin. Okay.
    No it is never said they waited that entire time. It's just said they are able to beat the Falcon there. They could have beaten them there by 1 week or 3 months, so exactly what point are you trying to make here?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    But unlike Boba Fett, Maul actually did more than just look cool, he actually gave us one of the best battles in Star Wars.
    To be clear. He's talking about this fight; not the one vs. Obiwan and Qui gon.

(Video placed as link to youtube instead of embedded due to heavy spoilers for the media from which it comes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    To be clear. He's talking about this fight; not the one vs. Obiwan and Qui gon.

(Video placed as link to youtube instead of embedded due to heavy spoilers for the media from which it comes)
    I'm thinking he was just saying Maul was cool looking and nothing more. Something that's been said by a lot of people for a long time(Vader Fans are the worst!)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I'm thinking he was just saying Maul was cool looking and nothing more. Something that's been said by a lot of people for a long time(Vader Fans are the worst!)
    Well, he gave us a cool fight scene...but that's it. His character was really lacking in depth of any kind. His inclusion in TPM seems to be "Well, the Jedi need to fight someone". They seem to have put more thought into his weapon than his character.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, they are for us. In Star Wars, you've got ships that seem to be both aircraft and space vessels as a common thing. I forget if the T-16s were able to go out of orbit, but they do seem pretty similar.
    T-16 Skyhoppers were only for atmospheric flight as they used repulsorlift tech (like the Speeders on Hoth and V-Wing fighters.) However they were built by the same company who made X-Wings and had similar controls.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I guess what I want to know is what the goal of these "Anti-SJW" people is? As a black man, Black Panther was a once in a lifetime experience for me. I had never seen such an incredible mostly-black cast celebrating the culture of our ancestors and for it to be so successful and celebrated. Do I think it's a great movie? Eh, probably not. It's a solid movie, especially when you consider most super hero movies, but it isn't like Oscar worthy. Yet, despite that there were people freaking out that a movie like that could be so successful and tried their best to tear down the movie. I guess because people who couldn't relate to it felt like it was getting undue praise, but the thing you have to realize is that you weren't the target audience for some of the aspects of the movie that made some people love it so much.

I watched Wonder Woman and honestly I didn't really like it that much. My girlfriend at the time watched it with me and she absolutely loved it. She broke down crying during multiple scenes in the movie and despite me not liking the movie that much, I was happy for her. I also watched Captain Marvel, and I liked it quite a bit honestly even though I couldn't relate to it like my current girlfriend did.

Point being, people can like things that you don't. It's okay. The world isn't going to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    OP snipped or space
    Just because the movies were successful doesn't mean the anti-SJW backlash did nothing. You first have to understand that these movies did less than they would have if there was no backlash. The goal never was to prevent everyone from seeing the movie. Anti-SJW people are very aware that the gigantic majority of the entertainment industry is overpowered by leftists. Everyone knows you can't stop the brainashing that easy. I mean there's still people who think AOC is not a clueless lunatic idiot. So before you stop people from seeing a movie that is part of a gigantic universe that never ends, you're gonna need a lot more than people saying "Brie Larson hates you white boyz".

That being said, the whole point is not to make a legit difference in the profit or success, it's mostly to send the message that being a sexist racist bitch and hating literally the target audience of your movie is fucking moronic at best.
    Pretty sure she will tone down her ambitious crusade against white men before Avengers Endgame comes out. This is not because she wants to, it's because the message was received, so it's worth sending the message.

The fact that some people not only notice but also count how many women and minorities are present in a movie only shows how terribly skewed things were in the past. The world is not 90% white men. It's time to put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Just because the movies were successful doesn't mean the anti-SJW backlash did nothing. You first have to understand that these movies did less than they would have if there was no backlash. The goal never was to prevent everyone from seeing the movie. Anti-SJW people are very aware that the gigantic majority of the entertainment industry is overpowered by leftists. Everyone knows you can't stop the brainashing that easy. I mean there's still people who think AOC is not a clueless lunatic idiot. So before you stop people from seeing a movie that is part of a gigantic universe that never ends, you're gonna need a lot more than people saying "Brie Larson hates you white boyz".

That being said, the whole point is not to make a legit difference in the profit or success, it's mostly to send the message that being a sexist racist bitch and hating literally the target audience of your movie is fucking moronic at best.
    Pretty sure she will tone down her ambitious crusade against white men before Avengers Endgame comes out. This is not because she wants to, it's because the message was received, so it's worth sending the message.
    a) Prove it

b) You are not THE target audience. The Marvel films do not need the comic book nerd audience, its a tiny portion of the market, if you go, they'll pick up more people elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    T-16 Skyhoppers were only for atmospheric flight as they used repulsorlift tech (like the Speeders on Hoth and V-Wing fighters.) However they were built by the same company who made X-Wings and had similar controls.
    Oddly enough, people are capable of mentally accepting a made up excuse made decades after the movie (according to databooks, the T-16 can operate at 300 metres. Awesome preparation for space combat)

A completely stupid excuse, for the record : it amount to says that ''I can pilot a F-16, I have a muscle car''. FTR, how piloting in atmosphere a repulsorlift craft car (not even StarWars equivalent of an aircraft, an airspeeder) prepare you for zero-g combat ? (My pet peeve is the speed involved, as the speeds that a T-16 can attain around Mach 1....which is snail pace compared to the speed starfighters have to reach to operate between moons and planets)

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    a) Prove it

b) You are not THE target audience. The Marvel films do not need the comic book nerd audience, its a tiny portion of the market, if you go, they'll pick up more people elsewhere.
    a) We can be fucking braindead idiots sitting here thinking it had no effect or we can use logic and realize it did have an effect. Up to you. Neither side can be proved with actual statistics because only on scenario is allowed to happen in reality so asking for me to prove it is just being a jerk at best, which is why I didn't ask the OP to prove his statement.

b) I never said they NEED this group of people, I said the ones who give a shit, know about it and how it should be and who will be making the credible critique of the movie are the comic book fans. It's not gonna be your second cousin with her blue hair who thinks the movie is about female empowerment when Marvel actually casted a second actress with a thicker ass for specific scenes because Larson's ass isn't good enough to lure in the "more people elsewhere" that you mentioned. In the end it makes money and sends hypocritical messages for virtue signaling, none of this is necessary, but what was important got shat on.