Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If we separate marathon records into "Kenyan" and "others" league, because we can scientifically prove that certain protein in your body defines your endurance "cap" [...] an argument that different races perform differently at certain altitudes. [...]

Bottom line is,we have to acknowledge that certain disparities in certain athletic performances exist, but we shouldn't adjust everything to address that, because it's a slippery slope and we'll have to keep adjusting things, making competition into a total mess
    Understood. Too much separation is also bad, agree.

But I am not proposing total blind separation by twenty parameters coming from different areas, but applied to everything. We are talking about sports. The whole reason we have sports is entertainment. If the task of also making it fair appears too complex, we just have to decide what's more important and talk about what we want from sports at all, because something has to give. Normally, people are fine with having separate leagues based on whatever criteria makes sense - including a racial / regional one, yes. Ie, cybersport leagues are regional and in some sports Korean leagues are regarded as better than Western ones. This does not cause many problems - there's a long stage (regional championship) which is "fair" in terms of the race / region, and then a short stage (world championship) which is "unfair". To prevent teams recruiting from the best region and viewers consequently getting bored, there are rules onto how many recruits a team is allowed to have. This is all a little dynamic and there is some tension, but it seems to work. We can do something similar in traditional sports - regarding Kenyans in marathons, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Okay. So you are a hypocrite then since you'll only apply this logic to one group. Just like people who complain about representation in the first place.

So much for equality.
    I just stopped seeing the logic in what you say. I plain don't understand where the above comes from. Let's just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Understood. Too much separation is also bad, agree.

But I am not proposing total blind separation by twenty parameters coming from different areas, but applied to everything. We are talking about sports. The whole reason we have sports is entertainment. If the task of also making it fair appears too complex, we just have to decide what's more important and talk about what we want from sports at all, because something has to give. Normally, people are fine with having separate leagues based on whatever criteria makes sense - including a racial / regional one, yes. Ie, cybersport leagues are regional and in some sports Korean leagues are regarded as better than Western ones. This does not cause many problems - there's a long stage (regional championship) which is "fair" in terms of the race / region, and then a short stage (world championship) which is "unfair". To prevent teams recruiting from the best region and viewers consequently getting bored, there are rules onto how many recruits a team is allowed to have. This is all a little dynamic and there is some tension, but it seems to work. We can do something similar in traditional sports - regarding Kenyans in marathons, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I just stopped seeing the logic in what you say. I plain don't understand where the above comes from. Let's just stop.
    Nope. Clearly, there are only movies that aren't for white people since equality isn't a thing. You chose to say what you did, so don't complain now.

I would daresay that the ones who keep claiming that movies are for white people are the kind of very stable individuals that lament that Poe Dameron is not white….

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I use to watch him years ago, until he became cuckified
    Stuff like this is always a hoot. Any one who moves away from the idiotic anti sjw mob is a “cuck” but the people who have just become sjw’s them selfs are wonderful skeptics who should be listened to even though all they do is shill for the same points because they don’t want to lose money.

Why do people get so upset what things that people on there own side will point out how stupid the side has become?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That comparison falls flat on its face as always, because Luke not only had some pilot experience (which was a skill more significant there than force anything), but even in terms of force he's the son of a literal force Jesus (down to immaculate conception by the Force). Whereas Last Jedi had this very important plot point on how Rey's parents are random nobody space junkies and that she actually isn't a daughter of some important Jedi character from the original trilogy as fans were theorizing after TFA.
    So... she's closer to the series actual Mary Sue: Anakin Skywalker.

Luke is still a Mary Sue anyways because he'll always represent wish fulfillment on Lucas's part. Rey is mostly just under-written which all of you should've expected given who was responsible for Force Awakens.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2019-04-10 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No.

She didn't.

Lying about what she said is not an argument.
    Forgot I was dealing with Endus, the master of staying wrong and not learning.
    “About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male. So, I spoke to Dr Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of colour, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”
    Her first concern is that "it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male" which is in line with her other negative comments about white males she made in the past (and then in the future as well) and then she turns this into an argument to help women of color who she believes have less opportunity. She also contradicted herself in a future interview where she tried to cool things down by saying she didn't mean to sound like she hates white men or want less of them but that she just wants more women and women of color at these events. Of course that's completely idiotic since there is limited access to that, so even if she really was focused on giving women of color more representation it would need to force having less of whatever is more represented here.

This entire thing is litereally the definition of racism and sexism. If you're not racist/sexist you don't care how many people of each skin color or gender are at some place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That is blatantly unsound reasoning. You have no evidence that they had any appreciable effect at all on any of these films.

And their message fell on deaf ears. Nobody cared. The vast majority of the public, quite obviously, does not give a shit about their "anti-sjw" message.
    You have no evidence of that either. And I refuse to think you are stupid enough to believe it had no effect, you're just here to fight.
    Last edited by Freshouttajail; 2019-04-10 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Even if you count the cut scene as canon, it's not saber combat. It's literally a basic cut. Real world swordsmen need years of practice duelling to get the necessary muscle memory, and cutting doesn't cut it. Lightsabers should if anything be harder to learn, going by canon.

Like sure, you can invent a wild headcanon to explain anything if you try hard enough. But what are we shown on screen? Nothing.
    Well in the original trilogy, there was an impression that only Jedi could really fight with lightsabers because the Force guides their actions as well. It wasn't until KotOR games that we started exploring the idea of different lightsaber forms of dueling. Plus Luke got his hand cut off and Vader was toying with him more than actually trying to kill him since he wanted him alive to overthrow the Emperor and stand at his side.

Empire isn't really an indication that Luke has become an amazing lightsaber fighter. It's not evidence of anything regarding his skills other than he thoroughly gets thrashed by an opponent who isn't even actually trying to kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    the term 'anti-sjw' being coined like this is hilarious, because the ones coining it are admitting the term sjw does exist. And whats the better those coining the first term would be the kinds of folk who have argued in the past that the term sjw is a negative term invented by alt-righters.

Basically, anyone using the term anti sjw is just in denial to their own broken world view.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So... she's closer to the series actual Mary Sue: Anakin Skywalker.

Luke is still a Mary Sue anyways because he'll always represent wish fulfillment on Lucas's part. Rey is mostly just under-written which all of you should've expected given who was responsible for Force Awakens.
    If you consider a Jesus equivalent a Mary Sue, I guess? Not that Anakin had some extraordinary feats with the force in the movies either. Certainly not the "lemme use mind control, one of the most complex force techniques out there, when I not only have no idea I'm force sensitive but I have considered the whole Jedi business to be a myth" kind of feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

the term 'anti-sjw' being coined like this is hilarious, because the ones coining it are admitting the term sjw does exist. And whats the better those coining the first term would be the kinds of folk who have argued in the past that the term sjw is a negative term invented by alt-righters.

Basically, anyone using the term anti sjw is just in denial to their own broken world view.
    Honestly they're all pretty annoying. One's complaining about lack of women or minorities in something while the other is complaining about the complaints of the former. Both of them have become equally irritating as both are ultimately still whining and nobody wants to hear whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And why is she bringing up the fact unless she thinks it's a problem?
    Because it is a fact she has an opinion about.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Or you know people who know sjw’s exist but also know the people on the other side are the exact same just with different views. Both are negative terms one just also has being a hypocrite as part of it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The film didn’t come off as “female empowerment” to me. The films message felt like it was trying to say “When you fall, get right back up. Just keep going, keep pushing it.”.
    Yeah that's what I got too. But I think people are mad about the "message" that Brie was presenting outside the scope of the movie.

People get too easily offended these days, IMO. If you don't like it (or her), don't go see it, but don't screech about it ... just my two cents tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Brie larson did say that. I have the quote somewhere on this page. The full quote basically says it.

Nope ghostbusters fucked itself. Hell leslie jones called ghostbusters 3 something trump would do. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...reaction-trump. They did an EA. Attack fans and people. Don't like it. Don't buy it.....ok there's no threat for the consumer in that.

I don't want to see capt marvel. Already seen enough superhero movies. I had no desire to see ghostbusters 2016. But the backlash was enjoyable.
    Fracking amazing that people who are okay with screaming racial slurs can persuade themselves that Brie Larson is racist. But I know that in your heads, saying ''UR UR UR, NUKE THE ARABS'' is not racist cause you like it and saying ''maybe that game could have a character that is not a bald marine or a marine with a beard'' is ''RACIST'' cause your handlers told you it is.

Let's make a comparison between ''people defending to their last breath a so funny and hilarious ''juke'' (the little pig that trained his dog to siegheil when his master oinked GAS THE JEWS. Its so KOMPLEX UND FUNNY, it's about dirty Jews getting killed !) and ''people convinced that Brie Larson said something racist''.

Well, convinced, it's a way of speaking. It means ''agitprop handlers on 4-chan ordered you to believe it''. They could point you a recipe for preparing a tuna sandwich with orders that this is SJW propaganda, and you would believe it.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-10 at 03:59 PM.

Female empowerment in hollywood essentially boils down to:

Male character: "Hawhaw you can't beat me little girl"
    Female character: *decapitates male character*
    Female character: "I'm just an insignificant girl" (direct quote from Alita btw).

If you want to see strong female characters, go watch something like the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. Hell, half of the male characters got recast as female, and it actually worked.

EDIT: I think the thing that annoys me the most about modern "female empowerment" films is that they've all adopted the annoying cliche of bringing attention to the protagonist's gender. She's female? Well no shit. Oh, the other characters are perceiving her as weak; I bet she'll show them a thing or two! Snore.
    Last edited by Kataroku; 2019-04-10 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People took to sites like IMDB and rotten tomatoes before the film opened and tanked the audience ratings for a film they had never seen.
    I'm just going to say, this is a blatant lie as you can't review the movie before its release.
    What you are referring to was the "want to see" score, which of course was a perfectly legitimate tool to use to voice someone's discontent with the movie.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

the term 'anti-sjw' being coined like this is hilarious, because the ones coining it are admitting the term sjw does exist.
    Describing Don Quixote as "anti-Windmill" is not an admission that Don Quixote is right about Windmills being giants.

Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    I'm just going to say, this is a blatant lie as you can't review the movie before its release.
    What you are referring to was the "want to see" score, which of course was a perfectly legitimate tool to use to voice someone's discontent with the movie.
    Do you think it's normal and healthy to give 0/10 reviews on games made by companies who want to publish on Epic store ?

Of course the outrage that goes on in Internet bubbles has little to do with what people outside of said bubbles think. We severely overestimate how many folks rely on Youtube think-tanks and forums/reddit for their opinions, rather than go for more official reviews or simply word of mouth.

As for Last Jedi and Ghostbusters failing, well, bad movie is bad, whenever it features males, females or purple skinned aliens from Mars. There's also tons of male-dominated movies that suck donkey balls, but they just happen to suck, rather than suck "because SJWs".