Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I think it would be more sensical to look at both problems and try and deal with both.
    Too bad only one matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    There is a romantic view of gangs in some cultures.

A lot of it is about respect. Young people see the respect that gang members get and they want some of that.
    Id say the gang is to inner city folk as the confed flag is to rural folks. Its about image.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Odd some one should Proabbly tell that to the people trying to deal with each problem as they apperntly didn’t get the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Odd some one should Proabbly tell that to the people trying to deal with each problem as they apperntly didn’t get the memo.
    Ahh the attitude of its already being taken care off. Of course it is, nothing to look at or see here, move along...move along.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    gangs need to be executed.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    The drug wars/gang wars in Chicago are due to heroin and conflicts between Hispanic gangs (I mean foreign nationals with local membership as well.) and black gangs.
    74% of the murder victims this year in Chicago have been black. The Hispanic population is now bigger in Chicago than the black population (30% to 29%), so unless Hispanic gang members are simply much better shots, what I said isn't wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It was about 9 years ago ( 2010 ). And as noted, the death rate from firearms there have been on a decline recently. The law Chicago had which was ruled unconstitutional was the one against registration of handguns. People committing crimes in the city with handguns are by far, not using handguns legally in the city. Chicago has no open carry or conceal carry without a license of firearms.
    There were actually a couple of laws struck down. I was thinking of this one, which I think was the last case, when I said 5 years: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...106-story.html

Exactly, this is such a minor and unimportant problem, lets focus on white ISIS!
    We can do more than two things at once...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Id say the gang is to inner city folk as the confed flag is to rural folks. Its about image.
    They both matter there are protest every day in Chicago. Just because you live in a victim culture bubble doesn't mean thing don't happen outside of it.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean I hate to defend Zenkai on literally anything because this is obviously bait, but per capita crime rates probably don't really matter much to someone living in Chicago watching this shit happen.
    Would you rather live in a city with 100 people where 50 of them will die or a city of 10,000 people where 100 of them will die?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Those two children would have been killed if the murderer was throwing knives into the crowd as well I'm sure, no reason to restrain access on the most effective personal tool for murder in existence.

BUT, MURDER IS ILLEGAL! WHY IS THERE STILL MURDERERS?! IT DEFILES ALL LOGIC!

Them Firearms were Illegally obtained, even if the city had no legal owned firearms, Illegally owned ones wouldn't magically stop existing.

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    BUT, MURDER IS ILLEGAL! WHY IS THERE STILL MURDERERS?! IT DEFILES ALL LOGIC!

Them Firearms were Illegally obtained, even if the city had no legal owned firearms, Illegally owned ones wouldn't magically stop existing.
    There's no ban of legal guns in Chicago.....

How about all the geniuses on the left and right try to figure out some solutions to all the socioeconomic issues that drive people towards a criminal life instead of arguing over petty bs?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    indianapolis had 6 gun deaths over the weekend.

i've said it before, once you step into the east side of indy you better have a reason. it's a warzone.

chicago is obviously no different.
    Considering that Chicago is like 4x bigger, why aren't there more threads on Indianapolis?

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    you just feel like shitting on Chicago for one bad weekend?
    "Most places 24 shootings and 5 murders would be a tragedy. But in Chicago, it's Tuesday."

Yeah yeah its the same old...these black lives lost here don't really matter to Black Lives Matter-movement for example. Only the ones where whites kill blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean I hate to defend Zenkai on literally anything because this is obviously bait, but per capita crime rates probably don't really matter much to someone living in Chicago watching this shit happen.
    per capita should matter to people living there as it literally is the chance of you being a victim.

For instance the poster who said there were 6 murders in Indianapolis, that is much more worry when you consider the city is a quarter the size of Chicago making your chances of having been a victim that weekend much higher than in Chicago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Every illegal gun was legal at some point.

I imagine these become illegal after your friendly neighbourhood straw purchaser illegally distributed his legally obtained firearms. Thanks Gary, Indiana!
    Guns flow into Chicago because it borders states with very lax gun control.

I don't know why people don't get this and use chicago as a shining example of how gun control doesn't work. It is a shining example that unless you have UNIVERSAL gun control that it is hard to control.

For instance, New York has tough laws, but PA doesn't... and PA is what... an hour or so away?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    "Most places 24 shootings and 5 murders would be a tragedy. But in Chicago, it's Tuesday."
    Indianapolis apparently had 6 over the same period, and they're a city that is 1/4 the size... more murders than Chicago AND ONLY A QUARTER OF THE SIZE seems there should be a thread on that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnowItAll View Post
    Yeah yeah its the same old...these black lives lost here don't really matter to Black Lives Matter-movement for example. Only the ones where whites kill blacks.
    So you mean blm and other groups don't protest this?

Literally multiple times a year, across the country and in Chicago especially there are rallies.

They typically don't make the news, but rallies against this violence happens extremely often just because you don't see them on the news doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You could always just google to see if such rallies happen instead of opting to just not look anything up and be ignorant of the facts.

Owning a gun makes you immune to bullets, i was told.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah but when the number is high to begin with and it drops a small %, I wouldn't call that successful. That's like a family with kids losing 2 one year and only 1 the next year saying "well at least are kid death rate went down 50%"
    Yeah. Because murder rates of a large city is definitely comparable to a family losing kids.

The fact that you made that statement, just goes to show me you are a complete moron.

we need a forced cultural change in these areas.

send in the military and execute every single gang member. outlaw hiphop and rap, give incentives to either not have children, or to keep two partners together to raise the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Economic stimulus, decriminalization of drugs, more robust adult education, and jobs training?
    The Bolded is the only effect measure listed. everything else can already be done by anyone with the drive and willpower to overcome adversity. You give them the other things and they end up like a poor version of a trust fund babies, no respect for what's been giving to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we need a forced cultural change in these areas.

send in the military and execute every single gang member. outlaw hiphop and rap, give incentives to either not have children, or to keep two partners together to raise the child.
    Wait, you mean you want to end the cycle of generational poverty and dependence on the government? and thereby removing the motivation for politicians to use these folks as political chattel in their quest for power? Now you know we cant allow that. Not to mention, of course, your idea would be frowned upon in our society.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Yes, the drug war rages on in Chicago. More news at 11PM.