Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Event Horizon Telescope to Unveil Big Black Hole News Today! Watch Live

    https://www.space.com/event-horizon-...y-webcast.html

    The live feed.



    Should be showing it in about 10-20mins, Kinda hope its legit mite be cool to watch.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  2. #2
    Exciting news, for sure, but I bet the photo is rather disappointing to look at... shit is just too far away.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Exciting news, for sure, but I bet the photo is rather disappointing to look at... shit is just too far away.
    Depends on how they render the photo and what type of data they use in doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  4. #4
    Event Horizon i like the name and loved the movie.

  5. #5
    Visible Evidence of a Black Hole.

    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  6. #6
    This is exciting. Got nothing to do at work atm. So perfect timing.

  7. #7
    This is amazing.
    - Dare not to sleep -

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    1,772
    So fucking cool that we can see that far away.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Reaper0329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    555
    The concept of those things has always terrified me...one of those strange things that while I know the possibility of it posing any tangible risk to me is infinitesimally small, the mere fact they exist unnerves me.

    So that's the background for when I say that's mildly horrifying.

  10. #10
    Einstein was right, again: A science story.

  11. #11
    Warchief Kontinuum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Heart of the Fortress
    Posts
    2,188
    Nerds excited to see a black hole for the first time in their lives!
    I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again 'I know that that’s a tree', pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: 'This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.

  12. #12
    Ya this shit is amazing.

    Its both scary and cool.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Nerds excited to see a black hole for the first time in their lives!
    lol

    /10char.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  13. #13
    I can’t wait to see as they learn more from this. We need more telescopes based in orbit though. Imagine a Hubble array imaging this thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,315
    Absolutely monumental. Well fucking done.

  15. #15
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    25,188
    Damn, that is some impressive science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  16. #16
    So its as big as our entire solar system...

    That's fucken Massive...
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So its as big as our entire solar system...

    That's fucken Massive...
    Not bigger than OPs mom tho.

  18. #18
    Over 9000! Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    9,392
    Calling it black is colourist and racist...

  19. #19
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Calling it black is colourist and racist...
    lmao imagine being so absorbed by right wing politics that your first thought on seeing a black hole for the first time is to strawman duh evil sjws

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    20,706
    So glorious!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •