Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Ion is oblivious to the reality of Warmode?

    From a recent interview Ion seems to be oblivious about how players complete their World PvP quests:

    Now, that said, we've definitely tried to make sure that you're not really incentivized to form a raid group when there's ten people. The quests that you get credit for, or other rewards that you get generally aren't given to raid groups. I think party versus party combat, with parties hunting others, and getting assassin benefits and rewards for that, that's more what feels better for everybody
    Ion admits in this quote that Blizzard DOESNT incentivize Raids being formed to complete World PvP quests.
    And he says that "what it feels right for everyone is party VS party or 5-man VS 5-man"

    Is he oblivious?

    What players do is make a party of 5.......and join the other 10 parties of 5 players doing the killing in the same location.
    Having the same results of forming a raid to complete the quest.


    This is the reality of warmode, and using Ion's own words..."it doesnt feel right for anyone"
    Its simply a massacre of one raid killing/ganking one person at a time.
    And that person can do nothing about it.
    Because the only way to counter this is forming a raid and you cant complete quests or do anything in a raid

    -------

    I have a lot more to say about the situation of Warmode...but i dont want this post to be long.
    What do you guys think of the situation?

    (i just made this thread because it worries me that Ion sees no problem at all...and there is just so much wrong with warmode, starting with this situation)

  2. #2
    None of this is specific to Warmode. It's a problem with world PvP in general.

  3. #3
    In another part of the interview he pretends there is no issue with faction balance. Just because you see %'s does not mean the servers are healthy. When I was on Arthas it was SUICIDE for you to have warmode on as Alliance. Just the opposite on Stormrage where Horde are ganked immediately upon leaving a city with warmode on.

    Ion took the major issue of pvp server balance and spread it to pve servers then has the balls to call it some big accomplishment.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    And that person can do nothing about it.
    Shut down Warmode if he/she doesn't want to challenge a Raid.

    I mean, the Raid people aren't getting any quest rewards from raiding people. They did their sacrifice. The challenged can always form a raid too, fixing a PvP problem with PvP.

    This problem has existed since Classic, but now you have a simple, elegant way out of World PvP.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of this is specific to Warmode. It's a problem with world PvP in general.
    I didnt want to make the post longer because i can talk about this and dont shut up for a long time.
    But even Blizzard agrees Raids dont feel right.

    By Ions words, what feels right is parties of 5 battling it out...well i dont have a solution for that :S

    My solutions are to either make World PvP a SOLO experience or either give objectives on the map for people to battle it out.

  6. #6
    I mean he's been oblivious to BFAs issues in general so /shrug.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    In another part of the interview he pretends there is no issue with faction balance. Just because you see 5's does not mean the servers are healthy. When I was on Arthas it was SUICIDE for you to have warmode on as Alliance. Just the opposite on Stormrage where Horde are ganked immediately upon leaving a city with warmode on.

    Ion took the major issue of pvp server balance and spread it to pve servers then has the balls to call it some big accomplishment.
    Its not a problem of sharding.
    Blizzard already has a working technology balancing the amount of people on the same shard (or so they say)

    The problem is that the shard system doesnt take in consideration the exact location where people are.
    So if there are 20 people in one flight point on the map...the other 20 people of the opposing faction may be somewhere else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Shut down Warmode if he/she doesn't want to challenge a Raid.

    I mean, the Raid people aren't getting any quest rewards from raiding people. They did their sacrifice. The challenged can always form a raid too, fixing a PvP problem with PvP.

    This problem has existed since Classic, but now you have a simple, elegant way out of World PvP.
    Turning off warmode wont make this problem go away.

    Imagine in the future Blizzard wants to create a reward structure for World PvP.
    REWARDS FOR EVERYONE!

    It will be chaos in the world and we will just end up with "squads" ganking innocent people.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I didnt want to make the post longer because i can talk about this and dont shut up for a long time.
    But even Blizzard agrees Raids dont feel right.

    By Ions words, what feels right is parties of 5 battling it out...well i dont have a solution for that :S

    My solutions are to either make World PvP a SOLO experience or either give objectives on the map for people to battle it out.
    Ion has this imaginary vision of Vanilla WoW prior to Arenas. What he fails to remember is there was relative faction balance there ANDDDDD in the later years on private servers people figured out camping flight points were more efficient then mindless searching for people in a zone.

    This guy is on drugs. Flight did not kill world pvp but Arenas and BG's did. Also little to no incentive to do it also killed it. It is FAR more efficient to farm a BG or Arena then try and find someone with Warmode on.

    I promise you right now when Classic comes out flight points will be camped because it is more efficient because that is what they do on private servers.

  9. #9
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    From a recent interview Ion seems to be oblivious about how players complete their World PvP quests:



    Ion admits in this quote that Blizzard DOESNT incentivize Raids being formed to complete World PvP quests.
    And he says that "what it feels right for everyone is party VS party or 5-man VS 5-man"

    Is he oblivious?

    What players do is make a party of 5.......and join the other 10 parties of 5 players doing the killing in the same location.
    Having the same results of forming a raid to complete the quest.


    This is the reality of warmode, and using Ion's own words..."it doesnt feel right for anyone"
    Its simply a massacre of one raid killing/ganking one person at a time.
    And that person can do nothing about it.
    Because the only way to counter this is forming a raid and you cant complete quests or do anything in a raid

    -------

    I have a lot more to say about the situation of Warmode...but i dont want this post to be long.
    What do you guys think of the situation?

    (i just made this thread because it worries me that Ion sees no problem at all...and there is just so much wrong with warmode, starting with this situation)
    What you mention has been a problem/thing since before Warmode. Warmode itself by itself, is quite successful and functioning to a certain extent. What phase there might be an Alliance raid, another will most likely have a Horde raid.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,002
    People have always had this unrealistic idea of world pvp, maybe it's because those fancy, cherry-picked pvp videos? Who knows.

    Whenever I run around with WM on these days horde either ignore me unless they outnumber me and I'm dead. At that point I could form a group and repay the favour or move on with what I was doing in the first place.

    On the plus side I think WM is actually a success, there sure as hell is more world pvp now than before. From time to time there are some great battles, usually when theres an invasion up.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    People have always had this unrealistic idea of world pvp, maybe it's because those fancy, cherry-picked pvp videos? Who knows.

    Whenever I run around with WM on these days horde either ignore me unless they outnumber me and I'm dead. At that point I could form a group and repay the favour or move on with what I was doing in the first place.

    On the plus side I think WM is actually a success, there sure as hell is more world pvp now than before. From time to time there are some great battles, usually when theres an invasion up.
    This is the reality of a true World PvP'er (in my eyes)
    A person who does it SOLO and without any rewards (sadly)
    One of the few youtubers who is a true world pvp'er.


  12. #12
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    210
    I rarely encounter raids in warmode. Don't make it look like it's the norm.

  13. #13
    World PvP is shit, aka water is wet and fire burns.

    More news at 11.

    PvP is only fun when there are limitations the way the game is, it always was, there is a reason World PvP died the moment BGs were released, cause no one in their right mind enjoys dying 1v5.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    World PvP is shit, aka water is wet and fire burns.

    More news at 11.

    PvP is only fun when there are limitations the way the game is, it always was, there is a reason World PvP died the moment BGs were released, cause no one in their right mind enjoys dying 1v5.
    I only made this thread because im pretty sure in the future Blizzard wants to create a reward structure for world pvp.
    When that day comes...it will be chaos.
    A chaos i wouldnt like to see :S

    If there isnt any sort of limitations like you said, kind sir.

  15. #15
    How about adding a tag limit to players for credit like with mobs whether in a group or not in WPVP? Problem fucking solved lol.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I only made this thread because im pretty sure in the future Blizzard wants to create a reward structure for world pvp.
    When that day comes...it will be chaos.
    A chaos i wouldnt like to see :S

    If there isnt any sort of limitations like you said, kind sir.
    The only way for WPvP to be "fun" is to have rewards in the form of gear, its a gear chase game, either that or some very long slow farming insane looking mount that will force the majority to participate.

    Otherwise no one gives a fuck.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    How about adding a tag limit to players for credit like with mobs whether in a group or not in WPVP? Problem fucking solved lol.
    I nerver thought about that! That is brilliant! D:

    If more than 5 players tag a person it counts as a dishonorable kill!
    Making everyone disband and look for their own people to kill.

    Dude...you are brilliant.

    Was this what you were saying=?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The only way for WPvP to be "fun" is to have rewards in the form of gear, its a gear chase game, either that or some very long slow farming insane looking mount that will force the majority to participate.

    Otherwise no one gives a fuck.
    A transmog would be my dream scenario.
    And flasks/pots to use in world pvp.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I nerver thought about that! That is brilliant! D:

    If more than 5 players tag a person it counts as a dishonorable kill!
    Making everyone disband and look for their own people to kill.

    Dude...you are brilliant.

    Was this what you were saying=?
    Essentially yes, that would completely discourage more than 5 player groups from farming areas/people, it would also create tension between competing groups which would add more complexity to world PvP. Dishonorable could be a short debuff you get that prevents you from gaining honor in WPVP.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

  19. #19
    Couldn't Blizzard just fix this issue with raids if let's say a player gets damaged by more than 5 players in X timeframe, then the kill won't count towards a quest and/or not reward honor.

  20. #20
    Only reason I turned WarMode on was for leveling 110 to 120 for the XP buff, that's it. Once 120 I turn it off right away.

    Open world PvP is lame for a game like WoW. If I want Deathmatch I'll play some Counterstrike or Battlefield.

    I play WoW for the open world adventure, and exploration, and doing RPG questing, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •