Poll: Gilbin or Vulpera for horde allied race?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gilbin or Vulpera for horde allied race?

Curious, which will you prefer? Gilbin are coming in 8.2, though we have seen them from 4.0 in goblin areas and Vashjir.. lot of excitement about Vulpera who use the same skelteon so is a possibility.

Mechagon is strongly hinting the alliance allied race will be Mechagnomes or junker gnomes - whatever their name is, so the horde will likely get a little race - the choice is either Vulpera or Gilbins.. which would you prefer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilbin always

Vulpera first since we allied with them first. Gilblin can come later on.

15+ Year Old Account
    They already have the vulpera models finished, and they're way more unique.

Gilblins honestly just aren't that interesting, even if they revamped the models with more mutation cosmetic options, they're basically just goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They already have the vulpera models finished, and they're way more unique.

Gilblins honestly just aren't that interesting, even if they revamped the models with more mutation cosmetic options, they're basically just goblins.
    I find that most people who want Gilblins generally don't want to play Gilblins, it's more they want to take something that isn't a Vulpera so as to block Vulpera. It's a pretty cynical attitude sadly.

On the other hand, people who want to play Vulpera REALLY want to play Vulpera.

Therefore I vote for the Vulpera on the grounds that a.) they add something new and interesting to the Horde and b.) the amount of customization given them so far is pretty indicative of either an intent to add them, or that someone in the art team has too much time on their hands (nobody on the art team has too much time on their hands).

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose between these two specific races, then Vulpera, without a doubt. I do not understand why anyone would want to play a water goblin instead of a regular one. Ideally I hope neither of these becomes playable. Allied races in the way they were implemented were a terrible mistake that opened up ridiculous speculations for the future playable characters like this one.

I mean... we got Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Curious, which will you prefer? Gilbin are coming in 8.2, though we have seen them from 4.0 in goblin areas and Vashjir.. lot of excitement about Vulpera who use the same skelteon so is a possibility.

Mechagon is strongly hinting the alliance allied race will be Mechagnomes or junker gnomes - whatever their name is, so the horde will likely get a little race - the choice is either Vulpera or Gilbins.. which would you prefer?
    If they ever decide to release the Vulpera then they definitely should be a regular race and not an Allied Race.

I wasn't even a fan of Vulpera until BfA was fully released. But having been played through all the zones and interacting with them, Vulpera adds a small, but different flavor to the Horde. Fuck Gilblins, they're extremely mundane.

Both are boring like hell.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Giblin makes more sense to be paired with Mechagnomes - Horde recruit Giblin in Nazjatar, Alliance recruit Mechagnomes in Mechagon. Also Giblin better fit as "Goblin allied race" (and so far every AR is variaton of some existing base race).

But community expect Vulpera to be a thing since BfA reveal in 2017. Also they look way better than Giblin, unless you really hate furries.

We'll see. There will be shitshow nonetheless, because:

a) there is shitshow no matter what
    b) Vulpera/Mechagnome pair will piss some Alliance that they got "only" Gnomes
    c) Giblin/Mechagnome pair will piss some Horde becasue they expected Vulpera.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Giblin makes more sense to be paired with Mechagnomes - Horde recruit Giblin in Nazjatar, Alliance recruit Mechagnomes in Mechagon. Also Giblin better fit as "Goblin allied race" (and so far every AR is variaton of some existing base race).

But community expect Vulpera to be a thing since BfA reveal in 2017. Also they look way better than Giblin, unless you really hate furries.

We'll see. There will be shitshow nonetheless, because:

a) there is shitshow no matter what
    b) Vulpera/Mechagnome pair will piss some Alliance that they got "only" Gnomes
    c) Giblin/Mechagnome pair will piss some Horde becasue they expected Vulpera.
    Horde already has plenty of potential Allied Races tbh, the Horde has always had a large variety of allies.

Alliance are almost certainly getting mechagnomes and ankoan. I'm pretty sure the whole reason Alliance is getting a new race to ally with in Nazjatar while Horde is getting repurposed generic enemies is that Alliance just doesn't have enough allies to pull from for compelling Allied Races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Gilbin. 100% Gilbin. Keep those nasty Vulpera away from my Horde.

Neither of them are any interesting. Adding them as an allied race would just be pure fan service, and make the Horde seem even more out of place.

Giblin are stupider looking Goblins, and only 2% of 120s are goblins.

vulpera because they look ok and aren't an actual fucking reject science project.

gilbins disgust me.

Gilbins, so that the Horde feels angry and disappointed, because that's how I feel about the inevitable Junker Gnomes. Id rather have more elves. Goblins and Gnomes are the two least played races for a reason.

Aren't Gilblins basically water Goblins that have just turned into schreeching morons? Seems like a fun Allied Race /s

They showed Gilbin as still using the Cata model at Blizzcon, which means no women, so no Allied Race. Thread over.

Such a small population plays goblin and gnome, adding variations would be cool but they don't need to be a full on allied race. Vulpera is much more unique and would be an adorable playable race for the Horde. I'd still like the Vulpera to be neutral, though, as I tend to play Alliance but they are just so fluffy and cute! Although, honestly with how slow and painful BFA is going the allied race hype has died down tremendously; it's not enough to bring me back to the game.