Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont like this mount change, right now i can just ride whatever mount i want and when i run into water, swap to my strider and then swap back when i hit land...thats easy enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    No way, Taliesen and Evitel said that?! I MIGHT HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND DIE FROM THAT SURPRISE

And then it will feel even worse when you get the same ring for the 5th time.
    I used to watch them until the went 1000% fanboi.

Miscellaneous
    They both felt that the developers really do feel like making the best game possible for players and care about player feedback.

Citation needed.

Did they not learn anything about underwater fighting/movement in Vashjir back in Cata? People hated that zone with a passion. Now we gotta do a raid with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilynne View Post
    Did they not learn anything about underwater fighting/movement in Vashjir back in Cata? People hated that zone with a passion. Now we gotta do a raid with it?
    did you read it? is just to move from 1 plataform to another during transition, normal speed.

For me Legion was a great expansion in comparison to WoD, and it was, however it did not reach the level of any prior expansion up to and including MoP.
    I also never envisioned a future expansion could ever be worse than WoD, however BfA proved me wrong.

I think that most of these changes will help address the major issues with BfA; It is a real shame that all of the major issues that are being implemented were raised many times and in great detail during beta that seemed to be dismissed without any real consideration.
    I feel that the devs saw the success of Legion as evidence that their version was so perfect that they didn't really give any weight to the player base.
    Their hubris insulated them from player feedback to their own detriment.

I am glad the glyph system is returning even though it has been drastically pruned from what it used to be.
    Most made cosmetic changes to ability animations and spell effects as well as some that buffed abilities and added abilities.
    • The first iteration destroyed a glyph when it was replaced, (just as gems work and the proposed essences will work).
    • The second iteration made the glyph permanent once learnt and allowed glyphs to be switched with out destroying the swapped glyph.
    The glyph UI was almost identical to the new essences UI, rather than the current small change icon in the bottom right of the spell in your spell book.
    For me the first iteration was better as it provided a great income for those who chose the inscription profession, and the visual UI was the right way for it to be implemented.

All in all it the glyph system gave players more customisation options in terms of flavour and play style, and I did truly miss it when they were scrapped; (I also feel that the reforging system provided similar player customisation and it too should be brought back).

The mount abilities system has been raised many times over the years with one of the most complete and fully fleshed out suggestion thread was a system that could really be implemented.
    It was also linked to the wow forums and reddit threads with great feedback and suggestions in all of those venues.

Over all some good steps forward but not yet enough entice me back, especially if the devs continue to delay fight, devalue professions and continue on with level scaling mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my question:

Why does PF pt 2, yet again, require rep from factions that have nothing to do with KT/Zandalar in order to fly in those zones?

IMO rep required from the factions on Mechagon/Nazjatar should only be required for flight in those zones.

Their war against flight is getting to be more and more bullshit.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    •Housing is a big topic at Blizzard. The developers are still thinking about how to implement it so that it does not feel so clumsy.
    This is the most exciting bit for me. Player housing would be very interesting. But I have my fingers crossed for something like a Guild Hall. (Or Guild Skyship)
    Same for me! It would keep me in game, I would even PVP and do Mythic raiding for furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    lol player housing?

Great we'll get to just hang out all day in your garrison.. i mean house.

Screw player houses, they should do guild air ships instead which can fly about and have a hearth back to it. Your guild could fly it around the world super slowly, and leave it parked near to raids for easy guild access. (until pesky horde come and you have to battle them out of the sky).
    This Just shows you haven't played any MMO besides WoW.

It's a question of, how can we build a healthier high-end Mythic Plus scene, or a healthier high-end raid scene on the Alliance side, among the Alliance population. Horde and Alliance populations are actually well balanced across the world, there is just less of a raiding community on the Alliance side.
    Racials. As long as Horde has the best raid racials there won't be any balancing. Why would you switch off of a Troll with an OP racial to be a gnome with some bad racial?

So are they saying you *have* to PvP to be on Mechagon?

Whoa this sounds terrible. Good thing Classic is coming soon. The retail Devs are so disconnected from their playerbase that it's sad.

I don't get it. Are these idiots removing the water walking ability or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    I don't get it. Are these idiots removing the water walking ability or not?
    From what I understand, you can now add water walking to the mounts you want by using an item you have to buy. The mounts that already have water walking (strider) will already have the item slotted, so they will be able to water walk without further modification.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Nazjatar zone is not really time gated, but the story will progress over weeks."

So it's time gated....

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    From what I understand, you can now add water walking to the mounts you want by using an item you have to buy. The mounts that already have water walking (strider) will already have the item slotted, so they will be able to water walk without further modification.

This is what blizzard updated:
    small clarification to our plans with Mount Equipment–
    Hitting level 100 on one character will unlock this system. Once unlocked, the system will be available to all characters, and the equipment pieces themselves will require level 20. If your goal is to have waterwalking while leveling, you can just enable the waterwalking Mount Equipment (there will be one available via Anglers reputation that will be bind-on-account), and it’ll work exactly as before, with the benefit of making all of that character’s mounts walk on water

Pretty sure that this is an account wide equipment slot and there is only one. so you cannot "pick and choose" which mounts have which item, its one or the other therefore you can slot the water walking to all your mounts, but if u ever wanted the other perks u would have to give up the water walking perk and then add it back later.

Some will cry that they are getting screwed out of water walking by having to choose but there are now options that never existed before so you can either continue to use your water walking, enjoy the new swap system, or complain about it.

For me it seems like a net gain, i can't stand having to use the water walking all the time in the world just for that purpose, but on other other hand i think id prefer if it was mount specific even if all of them were mostly set to water walking. if they create some interesting mount abilities id prefer not to have to constantly switch this account wide perk.