Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I can't wait for the day playable jedi are other races than human 445#. You have millions of species but nah need to play a human again.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the race card is fine cause you have a universe filled with aliens but we get to play as a generic human and I'm not gonna lie it gets old.
    It's because the dev team is racist. Not a single Twi'lek, Togruta or Wookie on the whole dev team. They'll only hire humans. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the gameplay, my hype has kinda died a little, might still be good, but we'll see.

Maybe give us some character spotlights, would love to know more about our main character,
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    It's because the dev team is racist. Not a single Twi'lek, Togruta or Wookie on the whole dev team. They'll only hire humans. =(
    Nah they're racist it just a narrative driven game and I want them to die in place of more open world games. Game development gets easier and easier every year so maybe narrative roller coasterissh games we'll die.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't dig the health bar aspect of the game. Light sabers cut through almost everything. Adding a health bar to enemies feels like the bullet sponge equivalent of light sabers.

This pos game is not needed, what is need is a refresh sequel of jedi academy/outcast.

With dedicated servers, and no bastardizing the manual saber combat - just as it was back then, with currentyear tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I don't dig the health bar aspect of the game. Light sabers cut through almost everything. Adding a health bar to enemies feels like the bullet sponge equivalent of light sabers.
    Yeah, that's why I played the "The Force Unleashed" games on easy. I want a power fantasy where I 1shot hordes of enemies, not a challenge

I dunno why hating on this game is so popular.

Looks better than star wars battlefront.

When EA focus on single player and everyone acts like a spoiled brat, is it any surprise they just focus on Fifa and Madden titles instead?

If they are trying to course correct it deserves listening instead of just being a cliche internet warrior.

Reward good behavior. Punish bad behavior. Cults are bad.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-06-11 at 07:21 AM.

I'm not hating on this game. i'm not even hating on linear narratives - I freaking love those. I'm just personaly... kinda not impressed by it. I could be wrong and it will end up being amazing its just .. looks kinda meh right now. to me. and I kinda starting to feel resentful at the implication that I have to be positive or they will just decide that single player games are a problem and go back to madden. reminds me of that whole "female led movies don't sell" after making a shitty movie that just happens to star a woman in a lead and blaming it on a woman lead, NOT the fact that its a shitty movie, completely ignoring women led movies that were good and as a consequence did extremely well. /end rant
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-06-11 at 01:18 PM.

I feel sorry for those attempting to explain to few special others why game 5 months before release cannot be in alpha anymore. You tried at least

As for the human as main character. Well, realistically, it is easier for the most players to associate with. It is just how our brains works. At most it would have been Twi'lek (or elfs and dwarves in other games). But no tentacle creatures, just forget about it.
    I will give it that he indeed looks very generic.
    Will see after reviews, I guess. No preorders or day one purchases for sure.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dunno why hating on this game is so popular.

Looks better than star wars battlefront.

When EA focus on single player and everyone acts like a spoiled brat, is it any surprise they just focus on Fifa and Madden titles instead?

If they are trying to course correct it deserves listening instead of just being a cliche internet warrior.

Reward good behavior. Punish bad behavior. Cults are bad.
    Looking better then battlefront isn’t really a good bar. While this does seem like a improvement people shouldn’t just accept it because it’s better then trash.

The only problem I have is that story and gameplay-wise I saw absolutely nothing of interest. Maybe I just got burned by all the Disney Wars crap we got (other than Rogue One, which I really liked), but I fail to see where the excitement would be in this game for me. It just feels like a half-baked, mediocre "more of the same with better graphics" offering.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I just want them to use all of the lore rather than sit on a gold mine in a story based game...
    But then you risk losing out of players. This is EA not some indie dev. They are going for the lowest common denominator. It's Souls/Sekiro like but way easier. You got lightsabers and sweet Jedi moves, but no dismemberment or graphically violent things you can do. Go play SWToR or KotOR. Plenty of options there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Ever seen a SW movie. Not everything gets cut through or even damaged with lightsaber hits. Realistically, yeah, but in practice in all the visual mediums, it just doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    This pos game is not needed, what is need is a refresh sequel of jedi academy/outcast.

With dedicated servers, and no bastardizing the manual saber combat - just as it was back then, with currentyear tech.
    *yawn*
    Almost woke me up there.

One of my favorite game Star Wars.

I am not getting my hopes up. I'll deferentially play it but only because EA has the origin sub system. Just sign up and cancel.

If it wasnt so linear looking and had more RPG elements to it I would have probably brought this.

The more I watch of it the more it looks average. And the lightsaber effects are weird. The lightsaber itself and the hilt doesnt look natural.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    If it wasnt so linear looking and had more RPG elements to it I would have probably brought this.

The more I watch of it the more it looks average. And the lightsaber effects are weird. The lightsaber itself and the hilt doesnt look natural.
    Exactly my thoughts on it, after rewatching the gameplay demo 3 times trying to figure out why I felt excited yet something off. It's unfortunate. I hope they make the combat "feel" more impactful somehow, that was the main thing. Feels weak at the moment.

Just saying, Jedi Outcast & Academy perfected the gameplay a long time ago (far far away)

The only complaint I have is that body parts aren't flying all over the place. In the movies we've seen plenty of dismemberment so that shouldn't be a problem to show in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    The only complaint I have is that body parts aren't flying all over the place. In the movies we've seen plenty of dismemberment so that shouldn't be a problem to show in a game.
    Apparently Disney has actually gone on record and explicitly said they don't want that.

And since Disney took over, I don't recall seeing any dismemberment in any of the movies or cartoons except on droids. But then again I'm not really looking out for it and keeping tabs on it, so I could be wrong about it not being there.