Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I would too, but now you cant really call it free anymore
    It is tho because you don't need to spend real life money for anything.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Maybe it will happen. Maybe EA wants to go according to Respawn plans and see how it works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    why does every black woman in new games today look like that? never met one black woman irl that looked like that, or black man.

and i've been around a hell of a lot of black people.

but idk, i'll need to see gameplay before i feel one way or another about it. i'm fucking sick of movie-era games and movies. let that crap die, show us to fucking good shit, the old republic, or set it in the further future of star wars.
    aye a real mystery why she looks like she does...

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Is there a source on this... I'd imagine a lack of solo mode hurt the game more.
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/12/18...patch-fortnite

Also the game went from beating fortnite on twitch to hovering around PUBG numbers on good days. It's dying a fast, and mostly painless death. Most people will forget it even existed since it's time in the lime light was so short.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    ???? What? All the monetization that you have in game was already in there, from the beginning
    Except the battle pass wasn't.

Now it is and the game can't even manage to get WoW, Rocket League or Hearthstone numbers let alone beating Fortnite like it was originally doing.

But sure lets pretend we live in a world with unicorns and fairies and this is just a coincidence... lol.

why does every black woman in new games today look like that? never met one black woman irl that looked like that, or black man.

and i've been around a hell of a lot of black people.

but idk, i'll need to see gameplay before i feel one way or another about it. i'm fucking sick of movie-era games and movies. let that crap die, show us to fucking good shit, the old republic, or set it in the further future of star wars.
    My sister legit looks like that for some reason me and her have really long faces compared to the rest of our family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/12/18...patch-fortnite

Also the game went from beating fortnite on twitch to hovering around PUBG numbers on good days. It's dying a fast, and mostly painless death. Most people will forget it even existed since it's time in the lime light was so short.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the battle pass wasn't.

Now it is and the game can't even manage to get WoW, Rocket League or Hearthstone numbers let alone beating Fortnite like it was originally doing.

But sure lets pretend we live in a world with unicorns and fairies and this is just a coincidence... lol.
    PUBG ISN'T DEAD THOUGH.... sry cap lock but to lazy to correct it.

PUBG ISN'T DEAD THOUGH.... sry cap lock but to lazy to correct it.
    That's exactly the point though, PUBG isn't dead. It had a slow decline to the numbers it currently has and holds them okay. Apex on the other hand is literally in the midst of a mass exodus, not a slow decline. It's not going to maintain a base. PUBG dropped to those numbers over the course of 2 years. Apex dropped to those numbers over the course of 2 months. Tell me which one is a healthy decline?

My sister legit looks like that for some reason me and her have really long faces compared to the rest of our family.
    eh, i guess absolute statements aren't right. the woman they used for the wolfenstein game looks pretty much just like that.

i guess i have to wonder why they use... hmmm, not exactly attractive people for their modeling. no offense intended, just, it's like if you got jimbob the snaggle-toothed trucker to model for the white hero, people wouldn't like that either.

game characters should be pleasing to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's exactly the point though, PUBG isn't dead. It had a slow decline to the numbers it currently has and holds them okay. Apex on the other hand is literally in the midst of a mass exodus, not a slow decline. It's not going to maintain a base. PUBG dropped to those numbers over the course of 2 years. Apex dropped to those numbers over the course of 2 months. Tell me which one is a healthy decline?
    Number one chill fornite literally pays people to play there game. Twitch viewership isn't everything, I do agree they need to add solo and update faster like a weapon skins/gun mod one week than a gun the next week.

- - - Updated - - -

eh, i guess absolute statements aren't right. the woman they used for the wolfenstein game looks pretty much just like that.

i guess i have to wonder why they use... hmmm, not exactly attractive people for their modeling. no offense intended, just, it's like if you got jimbob the snaggle-toothed trucker to model for the white hero, people wouldn't like that either.

game characters should be pleasing to look at.
    Not everyone has to be attractive in a video and I was talking about head shape not facial features. There are ugly people in real life and a game can have them. Removing them would make things unrealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want your character to look ugly? That's just dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not everyone has to be attractive in a video and I was talking about head shape not facial features. There are ugly people in real life and a game can have them. Removing them would make things unrealistic.
    eh, let the uglies be the background characters.

people you have to deal with in the story though, let them be good to see.

when you have an array of pretty people on your screen, it's like looking over a blank wall. you don't really care about seeing them, and you focus on the story being told. it's unobtrusive, they're just blank faces basically. when you have someone ugly sticking out like a sore thumb, it's obtrusive, it calls you attention to it and is displeasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why would you want your character to look ugly? That's just dumb.
    Because it's a game and that can add to the character... Ugly people go through things attractive people don't and it can make them more interesting. It one of the reason, I get bored with a lot of anime. A good example is rule of rose one of the character is ugly and bullied for it and it separates her from the other characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a game and that can add to the character... Ugly people go through things attractive people don't and it can make them more interesting. It one of the reason, I get bored with a lot of anime. A good example is rule of rose one of the character is ugly and bullied for it and it separates her from the other characters.
    To you, I don't really think it's interesting that a character is ugly, not to mention these games are a lot like power fantasies. characters being ugly takes away from that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

eh, let the uglies be the background characters.

people you have to deal with in the story though, let them be good to see.

when you have an array of pretty people on your screen, it's like looking over a blank wall. you don't really care about seeing them, and you focus on the story being told. it's unobtrusive, they're just blank faces basically. when you have someone ugly sticking out like a sore thumb, it's obtrusive, it calls you attention to it and is displeasing.
    A character appearance can tell you things about them. This is also just kind of opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    To you, I don't really think it's interesting that a character is ugly, not to mention these games are a lot like power fantasies. characters being ugly takes away from that.
    Not at all you can use looks to help understand or empathize with a character on a deeper level. This whole thread is opinions lol. Why are u criticizing me for using mine. Your both mentioning and talking about your opinions.

It shows that choice in the work have effects or it can help you understand there upbringing. If everyone is clean shaven and beautiful you lose all of that detail.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-04-13 at 10:52 PM.

A character appearance can tell you things about them. This is also just kind of opinion.
    yes, of course, just opinion. i just feel like appearance telling you things is scars, tattoos, damaged limbs, etc.. just being ugly is kinda like "yep, i was born that way"

being disfigured, like acid burns and things like that, that's not ugly, that's just an unfortunate thing that happened.

but anyway, about the game, i saw what it said "cinematic, immersive combat" no thank you, i won't be playing this game. that shit can go fucking rot in a ditch.

yes, of course, just opinion. i just feel like appearance telling you things is scars, tattoos, damaged limbs, etc.. just being ugly is kinda like "yep, i was born that way"

being disfigured, like acid burns and things like that, that's not ugly, that's just an unfortunate thing that happened.

but anyway, about the game, i saw what it said "cinematic, immersive combat" no thank you, i won't be playing this game. that shit can go fucking rot in a ditch.
    That is ugly though and people who are ugly are treated and viewed differently than attractive people which can interesting on it's own. By removing certains types of people or body shapes your actively damaging someone ability to develop a character.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-04-13 at 11:02 PM.

That is ugly though and people who are ugly are treated and viewed differently than attractive people which can interesting on it's own. By removing certains types of people or body shapes your actively damaging someone ability to develop a character.
    no, that's not ugly to me.

ugly is something you're unfortunately born with. a natural thing. the only story you could really tell about an ugly person is "yeah man, i never got a gf so i'm drinking and doing these twi'lek hookers to suppress my loneliness"

no, that's not ugly to me.

ugly is something you're unfortunately born with. a natural thing. the only story you could really tell about an ugly person is "yeah man, i never got a gf so i'm drinking and doing these twi'lek hookers to suppress my loneliness"
    I'm gonna go with the definition of ugly over your opinion. Opinion are kind of dumb for defining definitions because you can literally think ugly means cake. It's kind of degenerative honestly. Nah being discriminated against changes people outlook on the world and can effect there thought process. It's why I love r/niceguy the story are interesting because this people lack basic social skills. They are eternal victims with no problems from there pov but from other peoples they have lots.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-04-13 at 11:29 PM.

Pre-orders are open... 7 months in advance. Before any gameplay whatsoever has been shown.

Was this the cancelled one? I forget. Either way, if it can hold a candle to Force Unleashed series i'll like it as a star wars single player rpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just assumed it was going to be Dark Souls in Star Wars universe.

I really hope its not though
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything