Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It was ground breaking 14 years ago. It isn't anymore.
    In an ironic twist, it's actually groundbreaking again in that it incorporates so many RPG elements while most other similar games these days are just loot pinatas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    In an ironic twist, it's actually groundbreaking again in that it incorporates so many RPG elements while most other similar games these days are just loot pinatas.
    But how is that ground breaking if it was done 14 years ago and is being designed the same as it was 14 years ago? Nothing new is happening.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Here's some positivity. The Old God stuff happening, is top notch. If only those writing talents could be used in the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But how is that ground breaking
    I just told you. No one else is doing it.

Let me help you out.

ground·break·ing
    [ˈɡroundˌbrākiNG]
    ADJECTIVE
    ground-breaking (adjective)
    breaking new ground; innovative; pioneering.

If it's been done, it's not groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Let me help you out.

ground·break·ing
    [ˈɡroundˌbrākiNG]
    ADJECTIVE
    ground-breaking (adjective)
    breaking new ground; innovative; pioneering.

If it's been done, it's not groundbreaking.
    That's why it's funny. It's groundbreaking again even though it's old. As if no game developer took the hint and now the community has to remind them.

It's groundbreaking again
    Nice oxymoron there guy.

Even if they announce a new expansion at blizzcon. Players are now use to not falling for the hype that the devs try to advertise. BFA had hype but now look at it, just a filler expansion with nothing worthwhile. The game itself won't get better until they replace some of the devs and narrative team members. Otherwise its stuck repeating/rehashing gameplay and story/lore. But be ready there gonna redesign classes all over again like always. Because there to stupid to leave classes alone. Classes will never be fixed because the devs can't get it done. You have to adjust to playing it as is. Be ready for more rng to. Story is already bad , its not worth paying attention to wow lore anymore. It's a dumpster fire that will keep burning.

Quote Originally Posted by yhtomitn64 View Post
    The positivity is over on wowhead. mmo champ is for the mean folks.
    Pfft... everything in the internet draws negativity. It's a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaanyways... about the topic.

Mythic+ is fun, especially with the new seasonal affixes.
    Retribution is stable and viable for once. It's not going from OP to shit. So, i'm happy about that.
    I like pet battles. They are a nice distraction and make pets useful.
    WoW expansions are really big in content. 5/6 zones, a huge landmass. I am glad they keep doing that. Many other mmo's can't afford to make that much landmass regularly.

Hmm i got complains about eveything else. But those things i am thankful for.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one else is re-releasing a 14 year game? There are very few 14-year old games. https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-wh...ression-server Everquest is doing a similar thing. There is nothing ground breaking about re-releasing an old version of a game. You have made several delusional statements in this thread. I am not sure why. You can support classic with out lies and other such nonsense about it and retail.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why it's funny. It's groundbreaking again even though it's old. As if no game developer took the hint and now the community has to remind them.
    It is ground breaking to re-release a classic? Have you ever heard of remasters? Old school runescape (runescape classic)?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because nobody cares anymore. The game is play the patch and not something you invest in long term anymore, therefore people don't feel as committed to defending its honor.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

On the classic forums
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    On the classic forums
    If its any similar to MMO-C forums...its been an all out war between classic and anti classic.
    Its not yet an "all out war".
    But its noticeable that the friction started to spark.

It's on the global cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    If its any similar to MMO-C forums...its been an all out war between classic and anti classic.
    Its not yet an "all out war".
    But its noticeable that the friction started to spark.
    Sure, but the Classic community is in general happy and positive because they are getting a good game and what they want. While the retail community is not entirely happy with the game.
    We humans have to stick together

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    It's on the global cooldown.
    This wraps the issue quite nicely. Who the !@#$ thought that adding back the GCD to today's fast-paced, ARPG-like gameplay was a good idea... Like seriously Blizzard. And it is only one of many elements that seem to have been randomly added/removed, almost like following the cast of a dice. Speaking of dices... Kill RNG, kill it with fire and brimstone. The only acceptable RNG is whether a boss drops an item or not, and whether you win the roll against others who also need it. Everything else is green buzzing flies-covered BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I love the game. Lots of stuff to do/grind. My only complaints are the homogenization, constant reworks, dumbing down of specs, and the community being overrun by snobs/elitists/people who spam their shít twitch carries. It's a beautiful game with incredible music and lore. Have made lasting friendships throughout playing the game and it is just generally satisfying to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.