Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Sony has been really bad about exciting announcements lately so hopefully, they have something good.
    If not spamming cgi trailers of games they have nothing to show of is lacking exciting announcements then I hope they keep that up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside of ff16, im not looking forward to anything in particular in terms of console exclusives on ps5. Switch will probably win next year
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-09-02 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn, there is a good a chance that FF16 will be shown. That would be pretty hype. I just want them to confirm that there's an actual party in the game, because so far we've just seen 1 dude doing some DMC combat. Honestly, if they just straight up ripped off FF7 Remake's combat I'd be totally cool with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Oh damn, there is a good a chance that FF16 will be shown. That would be pretty hype. I just want them to confirm that there's an actual party in the game, because so far we've just seen 1 dude doing some DMC combat. Honestly, if they just straight up ripped off FF7 Remake's combat I'd be totally cool with that.
    They won't. 16 has dmcs combat director so it should be pretty good. Ff7r gas kh2 fm's which is why it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Loving Iki island in the GoT directors cut.
    I can't believe how good this game looks with the PS5 update.

I've been playing through GoT as I kept avoiding it due to the PS5 coming out and then hearing about the Director's Cut. Regardless I've been killing it a lot lately and I love the game. I've also toyed around in Legends mode which is a ton of fun and scratches a Diablo vibe as well.

finally got my ps5, got an email from sony saying I get to skip the queue.

Gave my brother my ps4 for Christmas so I'm finally able to finish ff7, and loving every second of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They won't. 16 has dmcs combat director so it should be pretty good. Ff7r gas kh2 fm's which is why it's good.
    Yeah, I was mainly referring to the party member switching in FF7R and the way they blended turn based combat and action combat. I do think the action portion could be made smoother, so if the DMC combat director can bring the fluidity of DMC while incorporating more FF elements, then it could be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If not spamming cgi trailers of games they have nothing to show of is lacking exciting announcements then I hope they keep that up.
    Yeah, that's nice but it'd also be nice to see something get announced that's coming out soon. Death Loop looks cool but it's also coming out in a pretty crowded month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was mainly referring to the party member switching in FF7R and the way they blended turn based combat and action combat. I do think the action portion could be made smoother, so if the DMC combat director can bring the fluidity of DMC while incorporating more FF elements, then it could be great.
    Yes, I'd hope magic combos with physical like kh3, but there's reactions like genshin. And that there's a job system

Yeah, that's nice but it'd also be nice to see something get announced that's coming out soon. Death Loop looks cool but it's also coming out in a pretty crowded month.
    They have already shipped Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy, Returnal, MLB, Ghost definitive and Ratchet since launch. They have Death Loop, Death Stranding definitive still to come this year. They have Horizon in Feb, they have GoW and GT7 both likely in firts half of 2022. The have XVI as an exclusive to and that is probably some time 2022.

Lets save any non sense about this, they're actually releasing games not promising them with cgi trailers. You will get 1 or 2 new game announcements max from this because they already have a pretty locked in release schedule for the next year they have to show off. Hell God of War is basically a new announcement when they show it at this since they have shown nothing of it.

Oh damn, there is a good a chance that FF16 will be shown. That would be pretty hype.
    A few months ago, there was a FF14 livestream where Yoshida briefly talked about the status of FF16. He said that FF16 won't be shown at the Tokyo Game Show. Tokyo Game Show is at the start of October, and FFXIV Endwalker releases in November. I think he's waiting until after Endwalker releases (Nov 23) to start really hyping up FF16. Probably doesn't want to detract from Endwalker by hyping up FF16 before EW's release. Once Endwalker releases, the team will be able to focus on finishing FF16 (CBU3 develops both FF14 and FF16).

- - - Updated - - -

I just want them to confirm that there's an actual party in the game
    Yeah I'm really hoping that this isn't going to be a repeat of FF15 where you just play as one guy. Would like a wide variety of different roles and playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    A few months ago, there was a FF14 livestream where Yoshida briefly talked about the status of FF16. He said that FF16 won't be shown at the Tokyo Game Show. Tokyo Game Show is at the start of October, and FFXIV Endwalker releases in November. I think he's waiting until after Endwalker releases (Nov 23) to start really hyping up FF16. Probably doesn't want to detract from Endwalker by hyping up FF16 before EW's release. Once Endwalker releases, the team will be able to focus on finishing FF16 (CBU3 develops both FF14 and FF16).
    What he actually said was they don't want to show the game off until close to release so people don't have to wait. It has nothing to do with XIV and I have no idea why you think people are working on both games when it's separate teams that share a lead and a building together. Only a handful of management people would be responsible for both games. XIV development doesn't stop when endwalker is finished lmfao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-09-02 at 09:48 PM.

I'm surprised people are still getting confused about PS5 upgrades. I mean yeah it's stupid how it works, especially when they charge you for the upgrade, but at this point I think you just gotta accept that's how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised people are still getting confused about PS5 upgrades. I mean yeah it's stupid how it works, especially when they charge you for the upgrade, but at this point I think you just gotta accept that's how it works.
    I mean most 3rd party devs are providing free next gen upgrades. It seems particularly in poor taste when there are so many people who want to get a PS5 but cannot due to a lack of stock. It doesn't affect me because I've had a PS5 from launch, but I find that it's needlessly greedy to charge for it and especially shitty to force people to either wait until they can get a PS5 or buy a PS4 version and get stuck without even the option to upgrade.

I mean most 3rd party devs are providing free next gen upgrades. It seems particularly in poor taste when there are so many people who want to get a PS5 but cannot due to a lack of stock. It doesn't affect me because I've had a PS5 from launch, but I find that it's needlessly greedy to charge for it and especially shitty to force people to either wait until they can get a PS5 or buy a PS4 version and get stuck without even the option to upgrade.
    Most 3rd parties only offered free upgrades in the launch window which Sony also did with Miles and Sackboy. EA does not have free upgrades on their newer releases, Take Two never did, activision doesn't on their upcoming lineup and crash 4/thps where paid upgrades as well. So uhhh what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Most 3rd parties only offered free upgrades in the launch window which Sony also did with Miles and Sackboy. EA does not have free upgrades on their newer releases, Take Two never did, activision doesn't on their upcoming lineup and crash 4/thps where paid upgrades as well. So uhhh what?
    Crash 4 was not a paid upgrade, let's not lie now. Ghosts of Tsushima was a paid upgrade from a game that came out last year. Wanna know what else came out last year and had a free upgrade? Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Far Cry 6 is coming out in a few months. That will be a free upgrade. Elden Ring which is coming out in 2022 will be a free upgrade. Resident Evil Village had a free PS5 upgrade. If we're talking EA, then It Takes Two, Madden 21, and FIFA 21 have a free PS5 upgrade. Although to be honest Activision and EA are known for their greed, so Sony should be held to a higher standard.

Basically every major release from this year that also has a PS5 version gave a free PS5 upgrade and several future releases like Elden Ring and Far Cry 6 are still giving free upgrades. We don't really know enough about the 2022 release schedule to really say if 3rd parties will continue to offer free upgrades, but regardless it's clear that Sony is doing this before everyone else.

Source: https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps...-free-upgrades

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.engadget.com/horizon-for...193232855.html

Perhaps the most important thing most buyers will need to know is that the standard "launch" editions of Horizon Forbidden West, whether you're buying a physical or digital copy, will only work on a single console. (You can clearly see this stated in an FAQ Sony published today.) Even though the game is being released for both PS4 and PS5, you'll have to choose which console you want and stick with that; there's no ability to upgrade later. This actually contradicts what Sony said when the PS5 was officially priced and given a release date last year: Sony's own blog post clearly states that some PS5 games, including Horizon Forbidden West, would also be released on the PS4 with free upgrades to the PS5 version later.
    Well that's dumb.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Actually it isn't dumb at all, its a very smart move.

1) You don't just drop a 100+ Million install base.
    and
    2) Sony knew the chip shortage would effect the system. Plus we are in a pandemic so that will also hurt sales of the system

The game's are going to look and run great on the PS5 (as we have already seen) and they are just scaling them down to run on the PS4.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually it isn't dumb at all, its a very smart move.

1) You don't just drop a 100+ Million install base.
    and
    2) Sony knew the chip shortage would effect the system. Plus we are in a pandemic so that will also hurt sales of the system

The game's are going to look and run great on the PS5 (as we have already seen) and they are just scaling them down to run on the PS4.
    They're saying it's dumb because Sony said there would be free upgrades from PS4 to PS5 and now they're going back on that. Your second point just further proves why this is such a dumb and greedy decision.

but regardless it's clear that Sony is doing this before everyone else.
    Take Two did it before anyone else. Take Two was not only the first to announced a $70 game they where also the first to say 2k21 was only gonna be dual entitlement on the $100 edition. This was literally at fucking launch, so keep trying. EA and Activision both started at the same time as Sony.

But but but but madden 21 and fifa where free upgrades! Yea so where miles and sackboy. Talk to me about Madden 22 and Fifa 22 big boy, where are those free upgrades?

At the end of the day stop bitching about pricing, if you can't afford the games then don't buy them. Video games are not a necessity, and if people still buy it them it proves them right in the pricing model.

But bro let me tell you Tales of Arise is free upgrade and man the PS5 version almost looks like a AAA PS4 game! More niche games are hesitant to move to $70 I wonder why... lol