Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ff7 feels 30 and still has bad texture streaming so thats on whatever square did.

Also demons souls crashed after the first boss. I see a decent amount of crashing from people

- - - Updated - - -

Dmc 5 crashed too
    There's a bug with Miles Morales if sleep the console while playing, it will require the disk checking utility... This will probably get patched out soon if its not patched out already.

Ff7 feels 30 and still has bad texture streaming so thats on whatever square did.

Also demons souls crashed after the first boss. I see a decent amount of crashing from people

- - - Updated - - -

Dmc 5 crashed too
    Be sure to report those crashes if given the option. That will help the rest of us, when they patch the games, lol. We are beta testers for the console and the software, but that is just part of being an early adopter.

That said, Diablo 3 had a bad habit of locking up my PS4 Pro, but no other game did. My 2080 didn't like Monster Hunter World(at the time I played), but had no other issues. It does happen, so I really doubt you are showing signs of hardware issues. It is probably launch software that just needs patched(game and console), but keep us updated. Mine arrives today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played mine for about 3 hours last night and an hour this morning. Playing Godfall.

The console is fast, only noisy a bit during an install and damn that new UI just oozes quality. The controller is surprisingly comfortable (i have tiny Trump hands for a guy). I literally have no complaints about the function or interfaces of the PS5....my issue is, it is hideous in my entertainment center. It is by and far the ugliest console i have ever seen. If it was designed to be used without the white fins, it would be fine.

As for Godfall, not sure if its the games optimization or a PS5 issue, but running "favor framerate" the game is butter smooth, but if you run "favor resolution" its is borderline unplayable if there is fire or atmospheric effects going on. Luckily the game is pretty enough in framerate mode. I do love that the from the moment i wake the system i am playing in like less than 5 seconds.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wow... that is disappointing. I am getting the SE of DMC5 though. But, was expecting improvements on FF7.
    FF7 can't be improved unless square patches it. Since it has a locked framerate the PS5 can't brute force more out of it and the texture shit is clearly on the game code and not hardware since it still exists on PS5. So basically it's the PS4 Pro version unless square patches it and unlocks the framerate and fixes their shitty texture loading.

OMG it's happening! All the things!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...5/demons-souls

https://n4g.com/news/2385977/demons-...-ever-thegamer
    https://n4g.com/news/2385964/demons-...ew-screen-rant
    https://n4g.com/news/2385917/assassi...ompared-to-xsx
    https://n4g.com/news/2385808/demons-...-game-informer
    https://n4g.com/news/2385932/the-nio...-next-february

All the things! Hype is through the roof right now.

edit: Check out the text of those previews on metacritic too. This game is gonna be great.

Lots of people out there who always say Souls are and always will be niche. Watch what the power of being a AAA(perhaps the only real one that delivers) launch title on next gen console does for fame and fanbase of the series and genre. Either way, I think Souls, Fromsoft, and Bluepoint will grow its fanbase after this. Also, I suspect Sony will just outright buy Bluepoint after this.

...this is a launch game, and almost always, sales follow the big hit, so you get John Wick, does okay, second one doubles money(even if worse, just off first one), based off word of mouth of the first one. I think it will be that way in this case. I think after Bloodborne and now Demon's Souls word of mouth, the next big game Elden Ring will surpass expectations and then Bloodborne 2 is going to be a huge property for Sony if it happens, we'll see soon enough. This is also why TLOU2 and Horizon 2 are destined to be huge financial hits regardless of their quality(TLOU2 was good imo) because that word of mouth of first game and fomo is real.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-13 at 04:47 PM.

Can you play PS5 on a Moniter or do you need an actual TV for it?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Can you play PS5 on a Moniter or do you need an actual TV for it?
    Anything with an HDMI port, so monitors work fine. They're functionally the same thing for the most part anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Anything with an HDMI port, so monitors work fine. They're functionally the same thing for the most part anyways.
    Aight. Much thanks.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Aight. Much thanks.
    Worth mentioning though that PS5 doesn't support 1440p for w/e reason so if you have a 1440p monitor you are stuck with 1080p. 1080p or 4k monitors will display at their native resolution though.

- - - Updated - - -

On crashes, I haven't had any yet.

Beat 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 and 4-1 in Demon's Souls, played about 3 hours of Cold Steel 4 and finished main levels in Astros. So maybe not as much time played as others but so far so good.

15+ Year Old Account
    The non battle songs in mom sure are a slog to get through

The non battle songs in mom sure are a slog to get through
    how does Dearly Beloved and other iconic ones feel?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    how does Dearly Beloved and other iconic ones feel?
    Some of the ones people dont care about dont feel too good, but they are mostly pretty good as far as rhythm games go

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Beat 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 and 4-1 in Demon's Souls, played about 3 hours of Cold Steel 4 and finished main levels in Astros. So maybe not as much time played as others but so far so good.
    I've got about 7hrs into DeS and I've only had one crash.

Slightly off topic: Fuck the Dragon God, That is Bed of Chaos levels of bad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I may have said something contradictory before, but I just remembered something that I had totally forgotten. When God of War came out, it had near daily patches(which was great). During the first few days, my game crashed 2-3 times. After that, it never crashed again. Just saying, it isn’t just new hardware launching but new software too, so I kinda expect a few lockup’s and crashes over the first few weeks, personally. I just got mine in, updating now!!!

OMG I killed the Dragon God then looked up how you was suppose to do it. I made it way harder for myself then it actually is and the sad thing is I did the same thing on PS3 lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Loading times on Persona 5 Royal very fast. Console feels premium. DeS graphics incredible, UI fun and snappy, fast loading, faster downloading for me, if this thing holds up, Sony has a winner. Premium feel is 100% legit, this makes my PS4 Pro feel like a toy in every way, hard to explain why. Controller is revolutionary. Design is post modern with a modular compartmentalism to it that somehow reminds me of Cyborg 009, or perhaps the Makoto mask design in P5R. It is very much a themed aesthetic that flows across console, media remote, dual sense, and even headset and controller dock.

With PS+ right now the amount of software you get is pretty impressive. By having PS plus, I was able to obtain many PS4 hit games at no extra cost. Also, Astros is great, Bugsnax, Hollow Knight, and some others are claimable with ps+(and I think you get Astros anyway. Lots of games to claim right away if you are on PS+. Be sure to claim them though, I believe at least some of them might expire.

https://personacentral.com/stevivor-...s5-vs-ps4-pro/

I disabled trophy videos and auto sleep. I did not transfer PS4 stuff, no external has been used, only fresh installs to avoid any OS rot. I’m also avoiding sleep mode for the first couple weeks to prevent any issues there. I’m about to start Astros in earnest, then DeS, then Miles, then Spider-Man remastered.

Like I said, if the hardware is durable this is a homerun, 10/10!!!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-14 at 04:01 PM.

I have over 10 hours in Demon's Souls now and probably 15-17 total on the system and no crashes still. Also the system is quiet as hell, PS4 makes more noise playing netflix then this does playing Demon's Souls. You have to put your ear next to the system to hear anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didnt crash yesterday with the 4 i played, but my roommates full system crashed cause of spiderman

I didnt crash yesterday with the 4 i played, but my roommates full system crashed cause of spiderman
    Was it the sleep bug?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Was it the sleep bug?
    Nope. He just started playing and it crashed the system