Paid for mine last week. Bought an extra controller. Bought via my corporate perks scheme so I got £60 back. Should cover one launch title.

Feel abit bad, I have PS5 preordered but not even hooked by any launch games.. seeing as they aint cheap, dont fancy just buying one for sake of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no news concerning GT7 release date... Come on Sony make me buy your shit.

Its a weird situation where people are desperate for these console preorders to play ports, remakes or remasters. I don't think theres been another release as bad as Xbone version 5 and PS5 where theres no reason to get it day one other than the 3DS.

But still there are people camping websites for this one. Just to consume product.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its a weird situation where people are desperate for these console preorders to play ports, remakes or remasters. I don't think theres been another release as bad as Xbone version 5 and PS5 where theres no reason to get it day one other than the 3DS.

But still there are people camping websites for this one. Just to consume product.
    Ps3 and 4 launch games were beyond awful and people did that too. Ps5 has some awesome launch games plus boost mode bc. Theres no reason not to buy one

You are not wrong there, but heres the thing, the games can come out between the launch date and lets say Feb 2021.

There are people who have been unable to buy or preorder the console for launch, to compound this, they may not get a unit til end of the year or later potentially.

If stock was never an issue then get what you want when its right, people are looking at this from a point of, get the hardest thing to get hold of if there is a title people want to play that should get released between the release of the console and end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account

Wheren't any big titles coming on release on previous generations either i think. It usually takes some time to develope the bigger titles for a new generation.

I mean, there are 3 big games coming out this November. Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, and Cyberpunk. You can play them on PS4(or other places), sure(besides Demon's Souls) but that doesn't mean there isn't anything to play on PS5. Having these three games as launch content for PS5 is really nice, and gives me a lot of new content to play as soon as I get the console, so I don't really see what the problem is.

On top of that, the QoL improvements over the PS4 aren't something that should not be considered. Have you ever played DMC5 on the base PS4? If you do, you will understand the benefit of 2ish second loading.

Also, I don't really think it is legit to compare the XSX/S with the PS5 when it comes to launch lineup. The PS5's is much better with Miles, Demon's Souls, and Rachet probably launching soon after. In general, I would agree with your argument if it were exclusive to the Xbox X/S, but not the PS5.(I'm not a fanboy I promise, I plan to get a XSX next year once some interesting content hits, and I'm a huge Fable/Halo/Gears fanboy tbh, from way back)

Finally, I don't think it is completely fair to just classify Demon's Souls as automatically lesser than a new game. First, it's made by Bluepoint, and besides perhaps Capcom, they really are the king of remakes. Also, the original game is really a classic that a lot of people never got to play. Let's see what that turns into before throwing it in the bin with the latest Switch port*.(Look at how good Resident Evil 2 or Shadow of the Colossus remakes were, I am hoping for(expecting, actually) similar quality). For my money, Demon's Souls remake just isn't a game I'm willing to wait to play.

People are buying these consoles to play these games imo.

*And for the record, Switch is like my favorite console ever.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-26 at 03:00 PM.

I'd say the main appeal of the PS5 and Series X is the improved performance for backwards compatible games you're already playing, plus a 4k console if you didn't already have one.

But at the very least there are a good number of games worth playing on next-gen consoles even if they aren't actually exclusive to those platforms.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's as if every new console launch, people forget how bad the launch line-up of previous consoles was.

The hell are you on about? Demon's Souls is a better launch game then anything the PS4, Xbone, 360 or PS3 had. And yes, it's exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The hell are you on about? Demon's Souls is a better launch game then anything the PS4, Xbone, 360 or PS3 had. And yes, it's exclusive.
    PS4 had Black Flag, considered to be the best in the Assassin's Creed franchise by some (#2 by myself, behind Brotherhood) and the best pirate game as well.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    PS4 had Black Flag, considered to be the best in the Assassin's Creed franchise by some (#2 by myself, behind Brotherhood) and the best pirate game as well.
    It was also already available on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U before the PS4 was even released, so in the context of "reasons to get one" (which is what the conversation was about), Black Flag would not have been a reason to get a PS4, just as AC Valhalla isn't a reason to get a PS5 if you have a PC, PS4 or XB One, by the logic going around in this thread.

Not that I agree with the logic necessarily, if you think the increase in performance for these games on a PS5 is worth it, go for it. It's what I'm doing. I'm just saying if things like Black Flag count for the PS4, then DMC5, Valhalla, etc also count for the PS5 and suddenly the lineup doesn't look so "weak".
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2020-10-26 at 07:30 PM.

Honestly, who cares if most of the launch titles aren't console exclusive it's still a heck of a launch line up.

You mean a game that came out a month before the PS4 did? WOW, such amazing launch compared to Demon's Souls a cult classic remade from ground up with cut content and the full budget it deserved. Oh and it actually launches with the system, and is only on said system.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly, who cares if most of the launch titles aren't console exclusive it's still a heck of a launch line up.
    Exactly, lol. Reading here you would think that Playstation 5 owners have nothing to play but Demon's Souls. 3 pretty awesome games(MM, DeS Remake, Cyberpunk) come out on launch day or right around, plus mostly full BC with PS4 games, and the Spider-Man remaster, and if I'm not mistaken Rachet is launch window plus PS Plus collection. God of War 2 and Horizon 2 next year, and probably Elden Ring. I mean I could play most of that on my PS4, but I could play BotW on my Wii-U but who wanted to do that, if given the option?

November is pretty stacked on PS5, exclusives or no. I wish there were three games this big I was really hyped about every month.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-26 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Exactly, lol. Reading here you would think that Playstation 5 owners have nothing to play but Demon's Souls.
    Even if literally the only thing to play on it was Demon's Souls, it's still the best console launch since the n64 with Mario 64(ironically was a 1 game launch). People really need to stop downplaying Demon's Souls when the PS4 launched with Knack and a shitty Killzone game for it's exclusives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    It was also already available on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U before the PS4 was even released, so in the context of "reasons to get one" (which is what the conversation was about), Black Flag would not have been a reason to get a PS4, just as AC Valhalla isn't a reason to get a PS5 if you have a PC, PS4 or XB One, by the logic going around in this thread.

Not that I agree with the logic necessarily, if you think the increase in performance for these games on a PS5 is worth it, go for it. It's what I'm doing. I'm just saying if things like Black Flag count for the PS4, then DMC5, Valhalla, etc also count for the PS5 and suddenly the lineup doesn't look so "weak".
    Launch title = available at launch, it doesn't imply exclusivity. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as a launch title nowadays, unless they use forced exclusives that COULD be released on the old systems, but aren't.

Launch title = available at launch, it doesn't imply exclusivity. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as a launch title nowadays, unless they use forced exclusives that COULD be released on the old systems, but aren't.
    Oh yea? You think bluepoint can magically hit a button and make Demon's Souls work on the PS4 when it was built from the ground up for the PS5? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Even if literally the only thing to play on it was Demon's Souls, it's still the best console launch since the n64 with Mario 64(ironically was a 1 game launch). People really need to stop downplaying Demon's Souls when the PS4 launched with Knack and a shitty Killzone game for it's exclusives.
    I'm right there with you. I guess people who don't really value these games as much as I do just see them as another "too difficult" game on the list that they don't care to play. To me, the Souls games are above all other games, so I tend to not talk about them as much(as I would like to) because my From Software fanboyism shines through so well. So yes, there really aren't many games besides a true sequel to Bloodborne that could possibly have me more hyped. Elden Ring maybe.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-26 at 09:23 PM.