According to the Ultimania for Rebirth (relayed by people who have it), development took about 3 years and the same team carried over to part 3 so we can probably expect a similar development cycle. According to Nomura the story is already written with voice recording expected to start soon.

No clue what the name will be yet but he mentioned that they can't use Reunion because Crisis Core already used it.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    According to the Ultimania for Rebirth (relayed by people who have it), development took about 3 years and the same team carried over to part 3 so we can probably expect a similar development cycle. According to Nomura the story is already written with voice recording expected to start soon.

No clue what the name will be yet but he mentioned that they can't use Reunion because Crisis Core already used it.
    Didn't need that book release to know they where aiming for part 3 to release in the 30th anniversary year of FFVII.

A significant portion of the world needed for it is already built also so I expect even bigger budget cutscenes and what not. They need to add Wutai and a full version of the northern continent as the only full zones they will have to build from the ground up. The rest is just adding stuff to zones they already made(mostly Junon) and some underwater shenanigans for when you get the submarine.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-04-13 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I think the demo REALLY helped Stellar Blade, check out this data:

https://gameworldobserver.com/2024/0...-ffvii-rebirth

- - - Updated - - -

Rebirth:

I feel like Cait Sith's VA didn't fit the character that I had envisioned and wasn't quite up to par as far as VA goes(so far) but that Cait Sith gameplay is pretty legit. I love being able to de-mount and go ham with my little music notes, lol. Also, the puppet or whatever can pressure enemies that require a timed hit, effortlessly. Like, if those little spinner things go underground, demount and worry about other stuff and the thing will pressure them everytime.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna talk about Rebirth sales. .
    Some later game spoilers (chapter 11 iirc) Saw some much hate online for Cait Sith's part in Shinra manor... I kinda enjoyed that section. It was different, but I expected it to be much more annoying based on how much I read that people hated it. I kinda stuck with Cloud Tifa Barret as my party through the game. I would sometimes swap in Aerith or Red. By the time Cait is offered as a character I kinda felt like I neglected him.

Its like death, taxes, and Square claiming that their game undersold projections. Gonna be interesting the next few years. With indie titles with super low budgets selling absurd amounts of copies I don't see it feasible for these AAA (or AAAA) titles to have 100+ million dollar budgets.

The biggest thing that Rebirth had over Remake was its a completely different game. Remake is a linear game with non linear moments. Rebirth is mostly open world. It isn't like going from BotW to TotK where they are largely similar games with the sequel having new toppings. Obviously how the OG was structured helped with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yeah i hate that too, i'm one of those who played original, and i was
    really interested/hoping of big changes in story, but... what we got isn't good, it doesn't fit FF, yeah we 'fight' but nothing is clear, is Cloud hallucinating? What exactly happened? while its obvious from react of rest of party yes it is official she is dead we aren't deviating as it was hinted/hoped, but why that weird method? If she is dead then end, he didn't save her
    It was disappointing honestly, if their plan was to trigger emotions it failed, either stick clear to old one or deviate, it's like they [I]wanted[/I] to change but got scared in last second
    i bet that ending didn't please either team stick to original story or end or team changes, just disappointed both

and from what i see online everyone seems to agree with me, if u were team no change or team Aerith must survive we are both disappointed, i just still have hope that 3 actually stick clearly to one side (and i'm on side Aerith survive if not clear)

- - - Updated - - -

for me it is simple: I played FF7, remake is FF7 but better, even better there was clear hint of changes that i (and many others) wished for in original but couldn't, heck one of most popular youtube videos one time was a fake hack about how to actually revive Aerith in FF7 (the original, it is a little old video now), that many of us swallowed it because how good it was made
    i wonder if the game is made clearly with old fans in mind or not, i wonder new fans who playing it, is it good for u? I mean not everyone now is 40+ who played original and wish to see it better
    I sat on the ending a bit I think they did alright with the direction they went. From damn near when you first meet Aerith in Remake they tease her death. The ending in Remake really made you believe that Aerith was gonna have a shot at surviving this time. I could see where it could seem indecisive by the writers. They clearly wanted to give suspense to people that either played the OG or knew that Aerith dies in it already. Feels like the writers wanted to achieve that, and to show how fucked up Cloud's mind is during Rebirth. The end cutscene I think misses the mark with Cloud's mental state. He seems much improved from the end. Borderline normal.

I'm only at the part after Shinra dropped the plate in the OG. Its interesting... kinda making me appreciate Remake a bit more that I did before. Originally thought Remake deviated further from the OG with the visions and Sephiroth being mentioned from the get go... nope.... its there. Really digging it, just been busy this week. Will progress more this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Its like death, taxes, and Square claiming that their game undersold projections.
    Square has never said it undersold projections. They might at their upcoming quarterly report, but until then it's just backseat financial experts on the internet. The same guys that got butt hurt when Square said that XVI sold within expectations and was not the bomb they wanted to claim it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Square has never said it undersold projections. They might at their upcoming quarterly report, but until then it's just backseat financial experts on the internet. The same guys that got butt hurt when Square said that XVI sold within expectations and was not the bomb they wanted to claim it was.
    Not yet, but I am sure they will to shareholders.

Soundtrack seems to be doing well though! It was top of the charts on iTunes earlier today. Kinda surprising to see a game soundtrack topping charts, even if its completely warranted. It was one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Not yet, but I am sure they will to shareholders.
    People where sure of this about XVI, and then they said it sold within expectations. Like I was saying, lol.

People have no clue 1) what their expectations are, 2) a total view of full WW sales, 3) how much money Sony actually paid them for it. Frankly, I'm surprised people didn't stop this "I'm sure of it!" bullshit after doing it with XVI and ending up with egg on their face.

It could be lower, within or higher than expectations. Nobody knows shit until they say it. I get where you're going with the "square expectations" meme but that doesn't really apply that much to their Japanese games. It became a meme off the likes of Tomb Raider and Deus Ex, which are developed in california and quebec on far higher dev costs than games in Japan cost. They sold off those studios and IPs for a reason.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-04-13 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Jesus Christ that first link. Literally not even discussing the game itself or any issue, just taking the opportunity to hit the daily, "Men Bad" quota.

Ah yes beacons of journalism integrity the Mary Sue.Com

I must renew my subscription, just as soon as I discover who they are
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2024-04-13 at 03:42 AM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rebirth sold less than Remake for a few reasons. One being that Remake launched during the pandemic and two being that the people who hoped Remake was just a remake (and not a sequel basically) probably weren't too keen to buy Rebirth especially since at the end of Remake it seemed like it was going to veer off wildly.

Unrelated but I feel like this game should have its own thread. Kinda surprised it doesn't.
    Last edited by WeAreNotSmilesTimes; 2024-04-13 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNotSmilesTimes View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Rebirth sold less than Remake for a few reasons. One being that Remake launched during the pandemic and two being that the people who hoped Remake was just a remake (and not a sequel basically) probably weren't too keen to buy Rebirth especially since at the end of Remake it seemed like it was going to veer off wildly.

Unrelated but I feel like this game should have its own thread. Kinda surprised it doesn't.
    Could easily make a megathread for final fantasy 7 and it's remake trilogy, or even FF in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Jesus Christ that first link. Literally not even discussing the game itself or any issue, just taking the opportunity to hit the daily, "Men Bad" quota.
    The reason why I feel like there's less "war" about Stellar Blade is simply because people aren't biting anymore. There are people still writing about the "issues", but I think in general people are just sick of it and their hypocrisy (a lot of the time).

Back when Anita was relevant is the last time I would consider it being a "war". Where discussions about it where everywhere and people were in general more vocal and aggressive about it. Everyone was either a misogynic basement dweller or a woke misandrist. No place for nuance really.
    Seems a lot better now tbh.

Think it also helps that the director seems to be down to earth about what they create., Wouldn't surprise me if his interviews boosted the sales quite a bit.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2024-04-13 at 08:23 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Could easily make a megathread for final fantasy 7 and it's remake trilogy, or even FF in general.
    90% of users here are just pc gamers, a FF7 thread would just die quickly since it's basically like 6 posters interested in it.

I mean, I guess in my mind the stellar blade controversy is lesser because the bigger gaming news site dont seem to bite this time? Mabye I am not looking too close and also twitter landscape kinda changed for me after I blocked half the political account shit festering my feed lol. Theres only so many time I want to read about mom for trump, biden is evil, palestine being in famine for 8 months. Now I just need to find a way to block any form of : PUSSY IN BIO and NUDE IN BIO, so I can just not see all the bots and my twitter experience would be good.

Seems like Stellar Blade will have 30gb file size. Which makes me worried about the length. Maybe there are few different environments so a lot can be reused.

Seems like Stellar Blade will have 30gb file size. Which makes me worried about the length. Maybe there are few different environments so a lot can be reused.
    File size has nothing to do with length. It just means it's not open world nor does it have a high amount of pre-rendered cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    File size has nothing to do with length. It just means it's not open world nor does it have a high amount of pre-rendered cutscenes.
    yes I did mention that it could have few environments, thus smaller size because of reused assets.
    I'm just used to be 50gb+ games even for non-open world games, so 30GB sounds quite low.

I mean, regardless of file size being irrelevant its a character action game not an RPG. These games cap around 15 hours usually don't know how long you expect it to be lol.

I just want to point out what a hell of a year this has been for PS5 so far.

Stellar Blade reviews just dropped and they are solid
    Rise of the Ronin didn't review well but has been recieved MUCH better after launch than reviewers and word of mouth and metadata seem to show players liking the game better than closest competitor Dragon's Dogma 2(a game I have said many times will be much better after an xpak)
    Rebirth is goty
    HD2 is viral game of the generation

Not to count all of the damn NICE 3rd party games that are constantly releasing on the platform. It is just great.

Meanwhile, as I mentioned, rumor is next GTA game will not launch on PC day 1, and since most Xboxes are XSS, and Sony about to launch a pro and failure en mass of the xbox brand which will likely stay in full swing until they can release their next hardware they are trying to rush to market(perhaps in order to quickly leave their current failures in the rearview mirror), I can only think of the next GTA game from a system seller perspective as a PS5 exclusive.

Imagine you had never owned a PS5 or XSX and that the next GTA game gets perfect scores from reviewers but does not launch on PC. Imagine if you decided to buy a next gen system to play GTA. You gonna buy a PS5 pro or PS5 GTA bundle. PC elite master gamers really gonna play next gta on XSS they have to remove dust from that has been in storage since pandemic? Think it is a good time to buy XSX?

What if PS5 pro is only console with 60fps version of the game?

Shit is crazy.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...sole-jim-ryan/
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2024-04-24 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I just want to point out what a hell of a year this has been for PS5 so far.

Stellar Blade reviews just dropped and they are solid
    Rise of the Ronin didn't review well but has been recieved MUCH better after launch than reviewers and word of mouth and metadata seem to show players liking the game better than closest competitor Dragon's Dogma 2(a game I have said many times will be much better after an xpak)
    Rebirth is goty
    HD2 is viral game of the generation

Not to count all of the damn NICE 3rd party games that are constantly releasing on the platform. It is just great.

Meanwhile, as I mentioned, rumor is next GTA game will not launch on PC day 1, and since most Xboxes are XSS, and Sony about to launch a pro and failure en mass of the xbox brand which will likely stay in full swing until they can release their next hardware they are trying to rush to market(perhaps in order to quickly leave their current failures in the rearview mirror), I can only think of the next GTA game from a system seller perspective as a PS5 exclusive.

Imagine you had never owned a PS5 or XSX and that the next GTA game gets perfect scores from reviewers but does not launch on PC. Imagine if you decided to buy a next gen system to play GTA. You gonna buy a PS5 pro or PS5 GTA bundle. PC elite master gamers really gonna play next gta on XSS they have to remove dust from that has been in storage since pandemic? Think it is a good time to buy XSX?

What if PS5 pro is only console with 60fps version of the game?

Shit is crazy.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...sole-jim-ryan/
    With how Rockstar have released games in the past consistently, id be shocked if it weren't exclusive to consoles on launch, that's less rumour and more baseline expectation just about anyone that wants to play it ought to have.

They haven't released a new GTA game on PC concurrently to the console release date since GTA2 back in the 90s, and anyone who thinks that will change when they've only officially announced the console versions for it is huffing some serious copium.
    Last edited by zealo; 2024-04-24 at 06:42 PM.

Rockstar is the one 3rd party that doesn't need to do PC day and date because people will buy a console to not be left behind while their entire friend group is talking about their games. So it's a winning strategy for them when they can force double dips from PC gamers a year after launch from people buying the game twice. This won't ever change for them unless consoles just die outright.

On Rise of Ronin- it has a very, very bad and slow start which is why I think it didn't review so hot. If they fixed that, it would of done much better because after a certain point it opens up to be the best game Team Ninja has made since the OG Xbox days.

I think PS5 will be my last playstation. I play way more PC games, and most games i play are on all platforms.