10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really blew me away, but it was a solid show and the design is A*.

RE8, Hitman 3, Horizon 2 and Lolis in Space all piqued my interest
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I can't wait for tech youtubers to tear down the console, kinda interested how they handled the cooling solution

10+ Year Old Account
    New R&C, Oddsworld and Ghost Wire caught my eye, Deathloop was a wait and see, everything else felt rather meh or was a trailer that told me nothing. Were they really all Playstation Exclusives? I'm pretty sure a bunch of them have already announced they're coming to PC.

Additionally I wonder if FROM will finish Demon's Souls this time around or if it is just a HD coat of paint.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Additionally I wonder if FROM will finish Demon's Souls this time around or if it is just a HD coat of paint.
    From Software is not making it. It's a remake from the ground up by Bluepoint with Sony Japan Studio overseeing it to make sure it stays faithful. In other words, the exact same situation as SoC PS4.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-11 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit, Kena looks really good. The one that really stands out from this event for me.

Spoiler: 

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear for like 75% of the conference I thought I was watching a Nintendo reveal not Sony... expected way more AAA games instead of cartoony indie stuff for 8 year olds(some of them did look cool though)...

Luckily it ended on a high note and saved the conference for me.

And the design looks really good for the Digital only version, really slick, I like it

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a big W for Playstation. Holy shit those games look amazing. Plus a new Ratchet and Clank!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    From Software is not making it. It's a remake from the ground up by Bluepoint with Sony Japan Studio overseeing it to make sure it stays faithful. In other words, the exact same situation as SoC PS4.
    Dang, well there goes all my hype for Prepare To Die Edition style additions.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Dang, well there goes all my hype for Prepare To Die Edition style additions.
    Most of the remasters and remakes Bluepoint have put out have been fairly competently made. I wouldn't worry overly much about From Software not being involved.

So, I guess 499€ and 399€ will be the price tags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew two consoles setups were coming out. Unless you like to trade in your games or collect discs there's no longer a performance gain from having physical discs on top no being able to play the game without the disc even though the digital version exists.

GTA V.
    T
    A
    V

LUL.

They are out here trying to be Skyrim with a game without nearly the same singleplayer longevity.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    A only digital model hell yeah well played Sony
    I would have the same feeling but since they got no real 1:1 formula like Gamepass where exclusives arrive on day 1 for a monthly fee I don't see much joy in it.
    Unless I want to torture myself into picking up games for the full 70 Euro price from the PS Store and never be able to score a deal on a physical copy, I mean a few months after release you could pick up God of War for 29.99 during Days of Play, and I scored things like Detroit and Days gone for -50% too on amazon.

Also the digital version would kill the whole backwards compat stuff for me since i got 90% of my PS4 games on disc, but to each their own and it will sell.

Design wise I don't hate it but the Series X would def fit better in my living room design, the PS5 to me kinda looks like they hired an Alienware designer from the mid 2000's, slipped him something in his drink and asked him to design a console based on a modem but with the requirement to make it look ''cool''
    If anything I'm just gonna keep it on '' it looks unique''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Most of the remasters and remakes Bluepoint have put out have been fairly competently made. I wouldn't worry overly much about From Software not being involved.
    Ah I have no problem with Bluepoint being in charge of the remake, I remember the Shadow of Colossus one being fairly well done. It's well known that From was unable to finish Demon's Souls to their satisfaction before they had to release it and had to cut stuff like the final land due to the time constraints similar to what happened to Dark Souls and it's cut planned content years later. Of course they had the opportunity to finish Dark Souls due to it's success and the subsequent PC release with the Prepare To Die Edition and Artorias of the Abyss expansion for consoles. It would've been cool to see Demon's Souls get something similar with it's Remake but if From isn't involved it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They are out here trying to be Skyrim
    Skyrim can't even hold GTAV's jock strap. GTAV is at 130+ million units sold, Bethesda wishes that Skyrim could be the monster that is GTAV. With next gen versions the damn game might very well surpass 200 mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    I can't wait for tech youtubers to tear down the console, kinda interested how they handled the cooling solution
    Less moving parts, even more if you opt out of the optical drive. Plus material design for anything smaller that a desktop has gotten a lot better over the years.

PlayStations really haven't had overheating issues since the first PS3. They get hot but they aren't cooking themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew two consoles setups were coming out. Unless you like to trade in your games or collect discs there's no longer a performance gain from having physical discs on top no being able to play the game without the disc even though the digital version exists.

GTA V.
    T
    A
    V

LUL.

They are out here trying to be Skyrim with a game without nearly the same singleplayer longevity.
    The way GTA V is selling, it's a complete no-brainer to put a version on next gen hardware. That game hasn't left top selling charts at all since it first came out.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was so much better than micropoops. There was at least 6 games i want. I just wish therr was a big jrpg there
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-06-12 at 12:04 AM.

Because it's been all about GTAV Online since they stopped releasing single player content like, years ago.

It's hardly Skyrim, honestly, given how well supported GTAV Online is. It seems to be a pretty massive moneymaker for them, so it'd be foolish to let that well dry up given that the game has already spanned 2, and will now span 3, console generations.

It ain't Skyrim seeing it's 35th re-release on the Sega SaturnCDMega Mini console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it's been all about GTAV Online since they stopped releasing single player content like, years ago.

It's hardly Skyrim, honestly, given how well supported GTAV Online is. It seems to be a pretty massive moneymaker for them, so it'd be foolish to let that well dry up given that the game has already spanned 2, and will now span 3, console generations.

It ain't Skyrim seeing it's 35th re-release on the Sega SaturnCDMega Mini console.
    Im just having fun. It's obviously an incentive for people to adopt to the PS5 sooner rather than later since you only need to buy it once.

I remember some games doing that when the PS4 launched.

Im just having fun. It's obviously an incentive for people to adopt to the PS5 sooner rather than later since you only need to buy it once.

I remember some games doing that when the PS4 launched.
    Totally, cross-gen games at launch make a ton of sense and are in high demand.

I'm honestly most impressed with the fact that GTA V, a single game, will have spanned 3 console generations of official releases while being supported with additional online content. Like, I legit can't think of another game that's had that kind of staying power.