Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or the PS5's SDK was about a year ahead of the Xbox's. We're not going to see legitimate performance comparisons for a while.
    The preview version of the GDK (Xbox's new SDK) didn't even come out until February of 2020... The PS5 SDK was finalized in fall of 2019. Believe it or not, API maturity matters when you're starting new projects. The fact that it isn't ready is pretty shitty on MS's part, but both sides are going to have their teething issues.
    SDKs are never finalized and if you think the PS5 tools are going to stay the same as they are now you have no idea how it works. They are going to improve over time as well, look at the difference between Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 if you want to see how Sony's tools evolve over a gen or Infamous Second Son and Ghost of Tsushima.

Saying the tools will improve over time is a no shit sherlock and applies to both systems. If Sony is ahead of them in 2020, they are likely going to be ahead of them in 2025 as well.

Outside of tools Series X has 2 major problems, first the GPU performance is coming from raw CU units instead of clock speeds which is harder to optimize for and 2nd the memory is split instead of being a unified 16 gb like PS5. The last time we saw split memory on a console was the PS3 and we all know how that turned out for multi plats, 360 version almost always better despite PS3 being theoretically stronger.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-11-18 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    SDKs are never finalized and if you think the PS5 tools are going to stay the same as they are now you have no idea how it works. They are going to improve over time as well, look at the difference between Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 if you want to see how Sony's tools evolve over a gen or Infamous Second Son and Ghost of Tsushima.

Saying the tools will improve over time is a no shit sherlock and applies to both systems. If Sony is ahead of them in 2020, they are likely going to be ahead of them in 2025 as well.
    There's a very big difference between preview builds of software and release builds of software.

Improvements aren't linear either. You can find tricks to squeeze out more from your hardware (as they did with Ghosts and TLOU2), but the improvements aren't going to be as large as API updates early in the generation. Sony may very well be ahead at the end of the generation, but you're foolish if you think what we're seeing now is representative of what we'll see in a year or two.

why do people still so much about the console war?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Because they want their choice to be the right one.

I don't care so much about the console war as feeding people crow when all their pre launch predictions come crashing down on their face.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a very big difference between preview builds of software and release builds of software.

Improvements aren't linear either. You can find tricks to squeeze out more from your hardware (as they did with Ghosts and TLOU2), but the improvements aren't going to be as large as API updates early in the generation. Sony may very well be ahead at the end of the generation, but you're foolish if you think what we're seeing now is representative of what we'll see in a year or two.
    Yea and devs got better at PS3 overtime and guess what? Multiplats where still usually better on 360 despite it being a weaker system. In fact on PS3 the only games that performed better then 360 where the ones first made for PS3 as the lead console(FF13, Dark Souls, Max Payne 3 and GTAV being the only notable ones really). Right now Series X is looking just like the PS3, terrible early tools, split memory and harder to optimize gpu power. The last piece to that puzzle was worse multiplat performance and well now that is happening to. We officially found the PS3 of this gen.

- - - Updated - - -

There would have to be a choice for it to be the right one if you're talking about me. I own nearly every console from every gen, I never "choose". I play what I want, when I want.

so people like being childish.
    just enjoy what you want and not crap on others choices. how hard is that people?

The "Console War" itself isn't really a bad thing. Its how people go about talking about the pros and cons of each system.

The thing that doesn't help (and this will seem like MS bashing) is honestly how much MS yells (MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER) and the jabs they do on twitter. So now they got egg on their face because raw numbers doesn't mean anything if you are not using them correctly.

With that said both systems are solid, I may even try to get a Series X soon. But so far its showing Sony went the right path with their hardware choice.

12 Teraflops doesn't mean shit vs 10 when the performance of those Teraflops is weaker.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

so people like being childish.
    just enjoy what you want and not crap on others choices. how hard is that people?
    If a certain select few here could beat off to shiting on one of the consoles what else would they post about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If a certain select few here could beat off to shiting on one of the consoles what else would they post about.
    Maybe they would post something like this.

Its gona be pretty funny when the next fallout and elder scrolls games are xbox and pc exclusives, and the tears that will come from playstation camp.
    or this.

I mean playstation fanboys have whined that xbox needs to get better or more exclusives, they buy this and now all the playstation fanboys are quaking with rage saying MS better not make those games exclusives lol
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Maybe they would post something like this.

or this.
    This whole 'tears' bollocks on the internet is so fucking tedious. If someone's entire sense of satisfaction from being on the internet comes from other people being upset about trivial shit, they need to get a serious look at themselves. Side note, I'm more partial towards the PS5 because the exclusives are more for me. That's it. There's literally no other reason. I'm sure both of them are pretty on par otherwise and a-okay. End.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    This whole 'tears' bollocks on the internet is so fucking tedious. If someone's entire sense of satisfaction from being on the internet comes from other people being upset about trivial shit, they need to get a serious look at themselves.
    Fully agree.

Side note, I'm more partial towards the PS5 because the exclusives are more for me. That's it. There's literally no other reason. I'm sure both of them are pretty on par otherwise and a-okay. End.
    Yep just pick the platform that has the content you want. Ill sooner or later get a Xbox Series X for Gears. Until then ill have my PS5 due to exclusives and the fact my friends play on PS5.

I don't see anything wrong with comparing the pros/cons of each system as long as its done in a mature way.

Fully agree.

Yep just pick the platform that has the content you want. Ill sooner or later get a Xbox Series X for Gears. Until then ill have my PS5 due to exclusives and the fact my friends play on PS5.

I don't see anything wrong with comparing the pros/cons of each system as long as its done in a mature way.
    Pretty much. One of my old acquaintances tried to 'debate' me on why Xbox is better on FB Messenger the other day. I just didn't respond.

He sent me some rather pointless Xbox v PS memes and then unfriended me. Was kinda strange, not gonna lie.

Pretty much. One of my old acquaintances tried to 'debate' me on why Xbox is better on FB Messenger the other day. I just didn't respond.

He sent me some rather pointless Xbox v PS memes and then unfriended me. Was kinda strange, not gonna lie.
    Wow.

People like that make my brain hurt.

Wow.

People like that make my brain hurt.
    What was weirder is he messaged me after like YEARS, after seeing me post about waiting for my PS5 on a mutual friend's post about the console.

What was weirder is he messaged me after like YEARS, after seeing me post about waiting for my PS5 on a mutual friend's post about the console.
    Ya that's a few levels of crazy I try to avoid lol.

But ya nothing wrong with a debate about consoles or almost anything. People just need to do it maturely and calling people fanboys and spamming memes isn't the way to go about it.

A joke every now and then is fine, A joke to try to "win" a argument/debate isn't.

Ya that's a few levels of crazy I try to avoid lol.

But ya nothing wrong with a debate about consoles or almost anything. People just need to do it maturely and calling people fanboys and spamming memes isn't the way to go about it.

A joke every now and then is fine, A joke to try to "win" a argument/debate isn't.
    Maybe I'm too old (I'm not, I'm in my early 30s), but I literally cannot be bothered debating two consoles beyond the basics.

What I would LOVE for Playstation is something more in line with Gamepass, because that looks frickin amazing.

i never own a playstation but some games have seemed interesting to me. the zealot fans pushed me away.
    also i hate the controller layout.

i do want to play Horizon zero dawn but its kind of a waste to buy a console to just play 1 game.

i never own a playstation but some games have seemed interesting to me. the zealot fans pushed me away.
    also i hate the controller layout.

i do want to play Horizon zero dawn but its kind of a waste to buy a console to just play 1 game.
    HZD is available on PC, man. Just get it there. As far as 'zealots' pushing you away is concerned, would you stop drinking water if some 'zealots' got twatty about it? Nope, so then why let anyone dictate what you do or don't do, unless it's fundamentally wrong? Ignore it, do your own thing.

HZD is available on PC, man. Just get it there. As far as 'zealots' pushing you away is concerned, would you stop drinking water if some 'zealots' got twatty about it? Nope, so then why let anyone dictate what you do or don't do, unless it's fundamentally wrong? Ignore it, do your own thing.
    i have a potato laptop.

How can you still play games on PC then?