Page 1 of 2
LastLast

China sentences second Canadian to death

A court in China has sentenced a Canadian citizen to death for producing and trafficking methamphetamine.

Fan Wei, whose gender was not specified, is the second Canadian to be sentenced to death this year. Ten others, including five foreigners, were also sentenced on Tuesday.

Relations between Canada and China have been tense since the December arrest of a Huawei executive in Vancouver.

Canada has accused Beijing of arbitrarily applying the death penalty,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-48104607

Do you think China is giving these Canadians death sentences to spite Canada?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

5+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance I say. Fuck poison peddlers.

I dont think so. Its probably normal enforcement but Trudeau is too busy sucking the cpc dick too hard to actually do anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    I think Chine is giving these Canadians death sentences to spite producing and trafficking methamphetamine

10+ Year Old Account
    Prob shouldnt produce or sell meth in places that still do public executions based on feels.
    Just sayin`.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I think Chine is giving these Canadians death sentences to spite producing and trafficking methamphetamine
    This should be /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    I dont think so. Its probably normal enforcement but Trudeau is too busy sucking the cpc dick too hard to actually do anything about it.
    First time I see you not liking a neo lib.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    First time I see you not liking a neo lib.
    Im not a fan of leaders that arent tough on the chinese communist party.

And anyone here really believes in the investigative capacity of the country which loves show trials?
    Pffff

Well, it's either a case of an authoritarian regime being authoritarian, or an authoritarian regime getting revenge for another authoritarian government doing the same.

Good riddance...Meth producer should be executed everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    Im not a fan of leaders that arent tough on the chinese communist party.
    Well, you did ask for a trade war, and wars have casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    In the US they dont do things like that. If you are rich and famous you just get the charges dropped by the da in charge while all your celebrity buddies cheer and defend you on social media on the basis of being rich and famous like them. Much more modern.
    No whataboutism, please. This is about China, not US.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    I actually do. China has always been tough on drugs. But in the past, Westerners enjoyed softer sentences for such crimes and better treatment in detention. Death sentence for westerners is pretty much unknown. I think this is only the second one.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-04-30 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I actually do. China has always been tough on drugs. But in the past, Westerners enjoyed softer sentences for such crimes and better treatment in detention. Death sentence for westerners is pretty much unknown. I think this is only the second one.
    So basically westerners were treated better then Chinese citizens, and now they are being treated equally?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    So basically westerners were treated better then Chinese citizens, and now they are being treated equally?
    I just wanted to point out that something recently changed the Chinese approach to handing out punishments to westerners. Specifically Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    In the US they dont do things like that. If you are rich and famous you just get the charges dropped by the da in charge while all your celebrity buddies cheer and defend you on social media on the basis of being rich and famous like them. Much more modern.
    In what country do you imagine power and influence doesn't give preferential treatment by courts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I know the Chinese mafia frames people for lots of things to get people in prison (or give them money and you go free, aka extortion). If there's actually concrete evidence I don't have an issue with a country enforcing its laws.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who would have thought Canada would be destabilizing global affairs. First we're called a national security threat by Lighthizer, we arrested the Huawei CFO which is causing these tensions with China and the Philippines threatened war.

What next? Sweden dumping our maple syrup in to the North Sea in favor of their birch sap?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-04-30 at 08:29 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

They're gonna have to work harder than that, there are still plenty of us left.

As is this is nothing but more temper-tantrums related to the Huawei lady, but joke's on them we don't give a shit about our drug traffickers.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.