Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Im mixed about this. I farmed the rep back in MoP for this mount, and it was cool having it. It more or less feels like Blizzard is taking something away from me, even though we get the waterwalking on all mounts.

It was a cool thing to have. And lets be honest, it does not require lot of work these days. Park one of your alts at the anglers vendor in pandaland and do the dailys everyday. Or buy the rep tokens from timewalking vendor.

I bet this mount equipment system will bite Blizzard in the ass down the road. Not quite sure how, but in some way.

BTW - Must any character be lvl 100+ before using the waterwalking ability? Or is it enough having one character over that lvl to have it work on lets say a lvl 42?
    You need to be over 100 (and have one of the striders) to buy the item from Nat Pagle. Mail to other character and they should be able to use it if lvl 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    You need to be over 100 (and have one of the striders) to buy the item from Nat Pagle. Mail to other character and they should be able to use it if lvl 20.
    so now I gotta spend useless time traveling to pandaland for this item everytime I create an alt.

I dont even get why they are creating this feature at all.

Need to be level 20. Was the character you tried that high?
    Yeah of course https://imgur.com/a/iCQH69U

You wrote you tested it on PTR, right-clicking does nothing (over or under 100) and below 100 I can't put it into the socket. What now?

since most people are going to use the water walking equipment anyway, only a few chars will get to use the others equipment available, like DK. so much choice for nothing....
    and the genius thing is that once we do unlock flying, most if not all of those options will be useless anyway, until the next expac >_<

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Today I can create an alt and as soon as I can mount I can use the water strider. The change they want to make would take that away. The change they are proposing adds a barrier / cost / tedium to obtain the ability on alts. That is the context of the blue post quoted. And that is not a net gain for everyone.
    I guess I read the blue post on the OP too fast and didn't notice he's talking about alts buying the item, not just people who don't currently have the mount. I was going by another post that said the system is unlocked at 100 and after that lowbies can get access to it, implying the equipment used on the mounts would be available to your alts after applying it. Yeah it's an extra step to functionally get the same thing we had before. I can see now why people are upset. They could at least just leave the Water Strider innate ability so the equipment becomes an optional vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    IMO you should understand what is being proposed before criticizing people for not liking it.
    No. I will criticize what I want when I want to. If I had just remain quiet you wouldn't have replied and I would probably still be wrong about the change. I can live with getting corrected when I say something stupid.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I don't even get why ppl are complaining about WW, considering that when 8.2 hits we will be flying in just a month!
    Mostly for alts I'd wager, but since you only need to plop down 50g at a vendor in order to grant a character water walking mounts forever then I also think there's no issue here. I can finally leave that stupid bug in the bin of unused mounts where it very much belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You dont understand...

You get the rep in ONE character...and it unlocks to ALL your characters.

Or you want all the rep from all your alt chars to be "fused" and get instant mount?
    You have to BUY WW for all your characters, and if you switch mount equipment and want to WW again... You have to buy it again.

People are acting like everyone still gets WW just like they did before... They don't. Now it's a continual gold sink.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But:
    will be earned in the exact same way as it was before.
    Except you ALSO have to purchase the WW'ing token too. It isn't exactly the same. Right now I can farm a WWing mount, switch toons, and have WWing. After this change, For each character I want to WW, I have to purchase the equipment after farming the rep. You get ONE free equipment for ONE character.

Not the same. Not sure why people keep claiming the system is identical except now you can WW on any mount...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i also grinded for the water strider.
    and i dont get why people are mad about this.

it's like whining when a thing you had bought goes on sale after a few years.
    makes no sense.

i'm just happy i'm not forced to use a mount i dislike any more (the strider).
    and also happy that i wont see it everywhere, and there will be some variety at last.

some people are just crybabies for no reason.
    I haven't read much about the new mount equipment, but if they made it so the strider can get mount equipment it would leave people free to use different equipment for the mount, which means they could get waterwalking plus that equipment that prevents you from getting booted from the mount due to being dazed. Or something else, if there's something better.

It probably isn't as bad as it seems, people just don't seem to like change.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance View Post
    I haven't read much about the new mount equipment, but if they made it so the strider can get mount equipment it would leave people free to use different equipment for the mount, which means they could get waterwalking plus that equipment that prevents you from getting booted from the mount due to being dazed. Or something else, if there's something better.

It probably isn't as bad as it seems, people just don't seem to like change.
    sky golem does not have an equipment slot.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    ???? How's it dismantling it. My god the backlash from this makes no sense to me. Ohhh... "I spent all that time grinding the rep for that mount". OKAY... you had access to said mount for what 6 years while others that didn't grind it did not. "Now I feel like I've wasted all that time for the mount"... REALLY?!?! You had access to it for all those years when those that didn't do the grind did not, but then I guess you need to be the only one for all time. Swear this community really is full of whiny, special snowflakes!!!
    The dumbest thing about that argument is that this item is what invalidates the anglers rep work. Not the Crimson Strider in WoD that was a lot easier to get, or the rep tokens for timewalking which exalt you in 1 day. No, it's this mount equipment.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    How are people this stupid?

YOU HAVE TO BUY THE ITEM ON EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER YOU USE. IT IS NOT ACCOUNT WIDE

I also guarantee 50g is a placeholder amount and it will be much, much more.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=85500/anglers-fishing-raft

I still think the Anglers item should be free at exalted but now that we know how insignificant the price is, my only complaint is that I'll have to go to Krasarang to buy one every time I make an alt (which is pretty often for me), but even that is so minor that I just don't care.

It'd be a pretty easy fix though, just put an Anglers vendor in the capital cities.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    sky golem does not have an equipment slot.
    I specifically meant the Strider mount, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Trying to find where it's confirmed that you buy it on all characters. So far, haven't seen anything that suggests that. Blue post suggests you buy the equipment on one character who has the rep, and can send it to alts. Original poster in the official forums said people report both it being consumed and others report it not being consumed. If it's not consumed, you just need to give the item to your alt, use it, and then you can send it back - No blue post response on that point.

Minorly inconvenient, but still much better than using a single mount forever because Blizzard can't take away it's usefulness by offering a competing mount.

And I doubt it will be more than 50g.
    I tested this when PTR first went up.

You only need to be level 100 and have one of the strider mounts to buy the item (you can see those requirements listed if you try with someone under 100). You do not need to be the character that bought the original strider and you do not need rep (well not exalted anyway. was able to get at friendly - didn't have a ptr lvl100 with no rep to check).

You can send to other characters for use but under 100 can't use it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I still think the Anglers item should be free at exalted but now that we know how insignificant the price is, my only complaint is that I'll have to go to Krasarang to buy one every time I make an alt (which is pretty often for me), but even that is so minor that I just don't care.

It'd be a pretty easy fix though, just put an Anglers vendor in the capital cities.
    My gripe with the system is this. i basically need to buy something back that I currently have for free. If the item was free I wouldn't be too annoyed despite the annoyance of having to send a load of these through the post.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Im mixed about this. I farmed the rep back in MoP for this mount, and it was cool having it. It more or less feels like Blizzard is taking something away from me, even though we get the waterwalking on all mounts.

It was a cool thing to have. And lets be honest, it does not require lot of work these days. Park one of your alts at the anglers vendor in pandaland and do the dailys everyday. Or buy the rep tokens from timewalking vendor.

I bet this mount equipment system will bite Blizzard in the ass down the road. Not quite sure how, but in some way.

BTW - Must any character be lvl 100+ before using the waterwalking ability? Or is it enough having one character over that lvl to have it work on lets say a lvl 42?
    Let me put it this way: The mount equipment allows people that don't like the Strider to get waterwalking with other mounts, which allows them a wider range of mounts to use. If the Strider itself gets mount equipment too, then you could have waterwalking and put a different piece of equipment with a different benefit on your Strider so that you can get waterwalking and a different bonus.

Also, if the equipment adds a visual to the mount, than how cool is that? People used to go wild over mount armor in games like Oblivion. Why would the character get suited up for a battle, but not their mount? If that were real life (don't take that too seriously, lol), that's how you'd end up walking. It adds just a tad more immersion to the game overall, and you could probably pick and choose what would look best with your characters outfit.

Honestly, even if the Strider doesn't get the equipment, it would be something to suggest to Blizz to get'er dun to make topics like this a non-issue.
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2019-04-17 at 12:52 AM.

My gripe with the system is this. i basically need to buy something back that I currently have for free. If the item was free I wouldn't be too annoyed despite the annoyance of having to send a load of these through the post.
    That's one of the few legitimate gripes I've seen and yeah I agree. It's such an insignificant amount of gold though, that I just can't be bothered to actually care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    You seem to be the one having reading comprehension difficulty. Nothing you just said countermands what I did.

Yes, the ability to waterwalk is there. Every character's mount equipment will be separate, and you will have to buy the waterwalking item for every single character you have if you want to have that ability. The water strider will not walk on water without spending more gold.

Is that simple enough for you? Do I need to draw you a chart?
    50 gold per character, oh the humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    I also grinded for it, and while im not AMG MAH WATERZ WALKINZ, the only thing i can see this doing is getting moved along side of/into, or somehow time gated in the future,
    that's a great point. and that would really stick in my craw...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    As far as I understand it as it is right now. You have to equip these items individually on each mount. On each character.

Also keep in mind - Blizzard loves a gold sink.
    Not correct, the mount slots are character wide, so you equip it for your character, and all your mounts share that one equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    50 gold per character, oh the humanity.
    Which was datamined after I made that comment, good job.

And 50g is still 50g more than fucking free, which is what it was.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.