Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To have them progress through each patch from launch all the way to 1.12 in the original time frames. Including undocumented changes (of which there were HUNDREDS). Bring all the old tactics, talents, clever use of game mechanics and everything back as it was for a time. And slowly roll out each patch, each update each hotfix in chronological order.

Would be funny to see absorb shields work on falling damage, 15 man UStrat runs, Shamans being gods when wearing Invulnerable Mail, Rogues being gods with weapon swap macros for instant attacks, Warriors dealing 90% of peoples life with slow weapons before normalization, Mages AoE leveling in Mara on slimes, Warlocks being free kills until a re-work and updates made them viable all of a sudden, a period of time without Diminishing Returns in pvp, Plus.... I want to spec Lacerate for the pure nonsense of it.

Tie between functional summoning stones and the modern features of the AH/mailboxes that let you post multiple identical auctions/open multiple mails and the like. Saved wrist strain vs. saved hours upon hours of waiting on everyone to get to the instance. (remember being alliance and waiting on your group for scarlet monastery? Of course you don't, you suppressed those memories!)

7+ Year Old Account

Actually, in general, there is one, yeap: separate subscription between current and Classic, "for separating the wheat from the chaff"
    ...or at least for game-token won't have any influence on it (direct economic interdependence, there won't be any reason to buy it and change on gold, because it aren't giving Classic anything useful, even just subscription due to its sharing with retail).
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-25 at 07:07 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

My irrational wish is that my vanilla icecream wasn't chocolate flavoured.

Wait... that's a rational wish.

My bad.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general, I support the introduction of up-to-date graphical development; as in, make Classic look like today's game.

But, unsurprisingly, I'd only introduce that if it were a choice as a great number of players don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperOwnz View Post
    Make it F2P with a cosmetic shop.
    So many of my old wow friends don't wanna pay for a Classic WoW sub but if it was F2P I know they'd come back.
    Technically, it will be FTP...pay for your sub to Live and you get Classic "free"

On Topic: AoE looting. And TBC Paladins
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-04-17 at 06:45 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I would choose AoE looting, not sure how the mail system worked in vanilla though, did the postmaster send you loot if your inventory was full?
    Looting and disenchanting/mining/herbing... etc. I guess these might not be irrational enough. Dual spec would be a huge money saver.

aoe looting or slight xp needed nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think if I could have anything it would probably be the live version of dungeon maps. I have most of them memorized now, but being able to see where everyone else was instead of running back to get them made me giggle with joy.
    I don't know man, I liked it when there were no maps.

To me it felt more immersive, it was like exploring and unknown area and especially when they still made non-linear dungeons like Wailing Caverns, Maraudon or all the Blackrock instances. Sure it was a pain in the ass sometimes, but I remember forging friendships based on the 'seek and hide' in dungeons.

Same as when there was no quest helping bullshit, you simply had to read the quest logs to get the idea where to go. It made me connect with world more, nowadays you basically have to force yourself to read quests in order the get better understanding of a story.

To be on topic: I would like them to allow new models and especially race specific totems for Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I don't know man, I liked it when there were no maps.

To me it felt more immersive, it was like exploring and unknown area and especially when they still made non-linear dungeons like Wailing Caverns, Maraudon or all the Blackrock instances. Sure it was a pain in the ass sometimes, but I remember forging friendships based on the 'seek and hide' in dungeons.

Same as when there was no quest helping bullshit, you simply had to read the quest logs to get the idea where to go. It made me connect with world more, nowadays you basically have to force yourself to read quests in order the get better understanding of a story.

To be on topic: I would like them to allow new models and especially race specific totems for Shamans.
    Never got any immersion out of it, just frustration. But tbh I never got a whole lot of immersion out of Wow to begin with.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2019-04-17 at 07:10 AM.

My only wish would be multi-tagging of the mobs so you don't spend half a day doing a quest to kill/loot 20 mobs because those servers will be overcrowded first few months and this will be nightmare for leveling.

I really want to use the new models they implementet in WOD and whre it is possible the new cas/spell animations.

Sure, if there is spell like Lighningbolt who had traveltime inclassic the new spell animation wont work but many other still would.

i want 100% Classic in terms of mechanics etc

but some just visual improvements would never the less be great!

TBC class design and harder end game content

Unlimited debuff slots on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    TBC class design and harder end game content
    Since TBC was released I was like. Man, this is how WoW was supposed to be like. I'd love if THIS happened, but in vanilla.

If I had 1 "irrational" change, the change would be TBC but in Vanilla. it would be TBC talent trees (but not 10 more points), the TBC spells, TBC class balance and better itemization.

That's the dream WoW I have. I'd also like TBC servers were all lvl 60 dungeons and raids were instead tuned for lvl 70.

Updated models, I know it is antithesis to what classic is but I really find the old models hideous compared to the new ones, like humans with their triangular mouths and detached corneas.

7+ Year Old Account
    TBC Paladin would be great.

I wish world buffs were removed upon zoning into a raid. Everyone claims they want harder raids, and world buffs are a major pain in the ass to run around and get.

5+ Year Old Account
    30min paladin buffs instead of 15min.

EDIT: Reading all other wishes disgusts me. LFR??? Achivements??? Transmog? my god, pliz uninstall!!! My wish is atleast good, reasonable and not bad.
    Last edited by Storfan; 2019-04-17 at 08:44 AM.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Apparently robust custom chat channel tools are an impossible thing to ask for. We STILL need to be able to create custom channels that are owned by a player with a simple password lock and MOTD and notes. Communities came along and gave us a leader that controls it but the MOTD is still terrible in that it shows once and then vanishes until you relog and the notes section is pretty bad.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.