Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Oh boy, now blizzard will name another random person as warchief rather than Thrall, remember this is MoP 2.0 with most of the bad things
    Oh god its like they are dangling a carrot in front of a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Oh god its like they are dangling a carrot in front of a horse.
    Yeah since D3 they are doing that kind of thing. Sometimes I wonder if blizzard actually loves to torture certain groups of the fanbase, the lore guys like us will be triggered but the casual guy that plays the game in autopilot though? That is a more interesting question
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Uh... Thrall was never going to admit defeat, even Garroshs short story has him admit he wouldve lost if it kept going

I mean hell I like Garrosh more than thrall as a character
    I'm somewhat interested in what you consider admitting defeat, especially since Thrall's entire (unfinished) arc in Legion was his self-isolation from the elements after falling into a state of depression over his choice to put Garrosh into power.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I'm somewhat interested in what you consider admitting defeat, especially since Thrall's entire (unfinished) arc in Legion was his self-isolation from the elements after falling into a state of depression over his choice to put Garrosh into power.
    I mean... Yeah, but thats completely distinct from whether he was winning or losing a Mak'gora back in Wotlk.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Is the moral supposed to be that only he can be Warchief? That none of the rest of the Horde or rank and file can keep from being stupid evil without Thrall?
    So far 100% of evidence is in that direction. Except Vol'jin I guess. He managed to accomplish nothing, which is a step above Garrosh and Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Never forget Garrosh was son of Grom the hero who saved the horde and technically Azeroth.
    And neither could anyone else and that was a major part of the problem that makes his actions believable to anyone who knows psychology. Garrosh never had a chance to be Garrosh and make a name for himself. For better or worse he was always seen as the son of Grom.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thrall’s return is meant to signify how bad it is getting with the Horde.

Not that I like seeing him again that is. I’d like to have seen the Horde sort this out without Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I would prefer Gamon as our Warchief instead of the unholy bitch. At least she gon die/leave the Horde in the next 2 patches.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Am I the only one who prefers sylvanas and her style of watching to thrall, saurfang, Baine.. and the rest of the traitor brigade?

Never liked those characters tho. I want my horde to be more wc2 and less wc3 and thrall always turns the horde into hippies and not conquerors

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers sylvanas and her style of watching to thrall, saurfang, Baine.. and the rest of the traitor brigade?

Never liked those characters tho. I want my horde to be more wc2 and less wc3 and thrall always turns the horde into hippies and not conquerors
    Many do. I don't find the particular peace and my honor types interesting because it's predictable. Sylvanas was interesting because she is obviously up to something and I want to know what that is. But now it seems like that will just be tossed aside because thrall comes back. If he saurfang or Baine becomes warchief I don't see how it could lead to any story except shake hands with alliance and we good.

Conflicts, physical and ideals, is interesting. Buddy buddies is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Many do. I don't find the particular peace and my honor types interesting because it's predictable. Sylvanas was interesting because she is obviously up to something and I want to know what that is. But now it seems like that will just be tossed aside because thrall comes back. If he saurfang or Baine becomes warchief I don't see how it could lead to any story except shake hands with alliance and we good.

Conflicts, physical and ideals, is interesting. Buddy buddies is not.
    Wish Blizz would have the guts so have sylvanas kill thrall for his treachery and rule the horde with an iron fist. Even if I wanted to come back for bfa; how can I get behind the story as a horde player who’s team sylvanas? Her being evil doesn’t bother me, what bothers me is the predictable Baine gets saved by good characters who have to now plot against their warchief. Again. And again.

At what point are these alliance sympathizers just labeled traitors and killed? How often does victory have to be snatched away by traitors acting as heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

I've been pretty transparent in saying that noblesavagery was a mistake, but not half as damaging as making "put upon underdog" some kind of ideal. To aim to be the underdog is to aim to fail and be weaker than your opposition.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I've been pretty transparent in saying that noblesavagery was a mistake, but not half as damaging as making "put upon underdog" some kind of ideal. To aim to be the underdog is to aim to fail and be weaker than your opposition.
    Agreed. I always prefer the horde to be more WC2, an army of conquerors that have a "Join us, or die" mentality.

Having 2 factions of noble heroes, where no one can ever be the villain... is boring. On top of that, how they do villainy is so saturday morning cartoon.

You want to know how to make you hate villains? Let them win now and then. If Sylvanas were to win in BFA, kill anduin and thrall and leave the alliance and traitors amongst the horde scrambling going into next expac... it would be a whole lot more interesting narrative wise than "Sylvanas goes evil, we need good guy thrall to save the horde again. saurfang blah blah". Worthless narrative.

Have some guts, blizzard. WAR has winners and losers, just not in azeroth

my issue is Thrall's new model. no necklace?

how am i going to make Thrall's balls jokes now??
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    my issue is Thrall's new model. no necklace?

how am i going to make Thrall's balls jokes now??
    Thrall refuses to be bound to the heart of azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Your mistake is thinking there is a moral to this dumpster fire of a story.
    What have dumpster fires ever done to you that you compare them to BfA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What have dumpster fires ever done to you that you compare them to BfA?
    Haha nice one. I wouldn't just limit it to BfA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Then all the enemies the Horde has made stroll and steamroll them one by one
    That's the thing, though; BfA has basically assumed that *ONLY* the Horde and Alliance exist on Azeroth. So if the Horde split apart, the Alliance would probably be content knowing they're no longer a threat. Other factions don't really exist anymore.

Furthermore, it would give legitimate reason to the Horde "rebranding" itself. Sure, for the interim, Horde players would be left without that feeling of "faction pride", but they could still carry on just fine. Instead of "the full might of the Horde", it would instead consist of a handful of people still loyal to Thrall and his original vision for the Horde. Like I said, just have him slowly "proving himself" to one racial leader at a time, slowly winning back their trust.

Or perhaps even having Thrall lean into the role of WARCHIEF a little bit more, and telling the races that need help "Fine, we'll help you, but you are swearing loyalty to the mantle of Warchief first".