Poll: Who will be the New warchief?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who will be the New warchief ?

Its obvious but at the moment I’m Not sure about the outcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want it to be Thrall. Baine is too naive and trusting he's got the heart of an honorable leader but not the stomach for blood. I think it would best to hand it to Thrall and have him either ready Baine for the position or dissolve the title to instead have a War Council where nobody is above the other in word and law.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Thrall came back, is there even a fucking doubt at this point?

I'd like it to be Lor'themar though, he's the only one left with atleast half a fucking brain it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

I'd like it to be Lor'themar though, he's the only one left with atleast half a fucking brain it seems.
    Thrall came back in MoP escalation, and Vol’Jin became warchief sooo who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

He was also back in SoO... I think Lor’themar is more likely...

Quote Originally Posted by Skoll Shorties View Post
    I want it to be Thrall. Baine is too naive and trusting he's got the heart of an honorable leader but not the stomach for blood. I think it would best to hand it to Thrall and have him either ready Baine for the position or dissolve the title to instead have a War Council where nobody is above the other in word and law.
    Why would you even keep warchiefs around when it's been a bad system four times in a row.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    He was also back in SoO... I think Lor’themar is more likely...
    Lor'themar won't be warchief it's 100% going to be Thrall.

Zero chance of it being Bob and Saurfang has death flags. It's either the return of Green Jesus or the eternal Cow empire.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Deathknight Garrosh hopefully.

No one. By the looks of it, it seems the Horde will join the alliabce and kiss Anduins ass, as he is the pure and perfect being.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Deathknight Garrosh hopefully.
    Put Nazgrim in the chair. He's an orc, undead and has honor that makes comprehensible sense. He is also not a traitor unlike the entire rest of the cast, Sylvanas included, making his code both consistent and actually applied. He's the ideal compromise candidate.

He also isn't Baine, and since not being Baine is Green Jesus' main appeal in the running, we can move his voters to Nazgrim.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post
    Its obvious but at the moment I’m Not sure about the outcome.
    There will be no new Warchief the next 4-5 expansion..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No one. By the looks of it, it seems the Horde will join the alliabce and kiss Anduins ass, as he is the pure and perfect being.
    I hope Anduin will become Garrosh 3.0 and die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Put Nazgrim in the chair. He's an orc, undead and has honor that makes comprehensible sense. He is also not a traitor unlike the entire rest of the cast, Sylvanas included, making his code both consistent and actually applied. He's the ideal compromise candidate.

He also isn't Baine, and since not being Baine is Green Jesus' main appeal in the running, we can move his voters to Nazgrim.
    For me, Nazgrim is exemplar of honor. Saurfang is a stupid traitor who can't handle his warchief using any means to win the war. As Nazgrim seems neutral for now, my proposition is Nathanos.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I hope Anduin will become Garrosh 3.0 and die.
    Watch yourself, infidel. Those who doubt the God-King will either find themselves turn into bland peaceniks that align with him 100% or die after developing a taste for babies.

Nathanos is my biggest disappointment of 8.2. Everything else is so far, so Mists, but the fact that he's still sticking with Sylvanas is infuriating because it means we become more and more likely to be saddled with Calia and fully demolish the Forsaken to an even greater extent than the orcs were effectively eliminated after Mists.

Watch yourself, infidel. Those who doubt the God-King will either find themselves turn into bland peaceniks that align with him 100% or die after developing a taste for babies.

Nathanos is my biggest disappointment of 8.2. Everything else is so far, so Mists, but the fact that he's still sticking with Sylvanas is infuriating because it means we become more and more likely to be saddled with Calia and fully demolish the Forsaken to an even greater extent than the orcs were effectively eliminated after Mists.
    Yes, I think Nathanos will either have to lose his mind or die. However, I have a theory how would he survive.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Baine seems pretty obvious. He's the Lol'jin of this expansion after all. But now that Thralls back it could be him too.

I personally hope all the candidates die and the Horde enters an interregnum so that it actually has a chance of surviving and remaking itself.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-04-20 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes, I think Nathanos will either have to lose his mind or die. However, I have a theory how would he survive.
    The only hope he has is that Sylvanas betrays him too when she grows tentacles and decides to be killed by 10-30 people.

Yeah but then they couldn't use Nazgrim for the 4 Horsemen fight in Naxx 3.0 when Sylvanas escapes at the end of this expansion, kills Bolvar, and takes the Helm from his corpse to become the Lich Queen.

Seriously though, just give it to someone with a brain that doesn't only think of conquest and let them have the position for more than one expansion for once. Baine is a pushover so I don't think he's likely while Lorthemar would probably be a solid pick but he won't even take the title of power in his own kingdom and sticks with Regent Lord even though the monarchy there is dead so who knows what his deal is. Troll leadership is questionable at best; I doubt Rokhan would take it as he seems much more interested in Talanji than the Horde right now and I don't think anyone really wants Green Jesus back on the seat either. The Forsaken in general seem to be a pretty unstable lot so giving it to them is also questionable, Pandaren leadership would honestly probably work pretty well for peacemaking but probably cave in to demands a lot, and nobody wants a goblin in charge.

Give it to fucking Eitrigg. He's living, is honorable, knows when it's appropriate to fight, and seems to overall disapprove of the poor leadership when it's doing bad things. He's an orc, so Orgrimmar being his home base makes perfect sense, and he's been an advisor to previous warchiefs for basically forever now. He's made friends with the humans before (Tirion and the Argent Crusade in Northrend) and has been with Thrall for some of his meetings with Jaina so he'd be a relatively trustworthy leader in terms of Alliance thinking as well.

Hell, give it to good ol' Zappy Boi for all I care. Just give us someone who's not completely unhinged and let them actually live for a while.

They wouldn't have had Metzen show up to ask when the Horde will get its real Warchief back if it was going to someone other than Thrall.

Ugh, I'm so mad this is what we're left with. Just sucks how all the Horde development all the way back from Cata was basically just one giant Thrall ego stroke.

Since it'll be either him or Baine, I hope they do something similar to early Garrosh and introduce another "wild card" character to make their life harder and spice things up a bit.

Like I always say though, best case scenario would be they do a timeskip and basically do a soft cast refresh.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-04-20 at 08:57 AM.