Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Lack of class changes in 8.2 ptr reports

Is anyone else a bit worried about the lack of class changes in the 8.2 PTR reports so far?

Since I get the impression that class design is the number one thing in BFA that people dislike, I sincerely hope Blizzard will do some balancing on talents and abilities, and not only focus on the HoA neck!

I know they won’t make big changes halfway through an expansion, but a number pass would be very necessary for some classes abilities and talents.

Classes won't change until 9.0. If classes feel too bad to play it's time to unsub and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyminar View Post
    Is anyone else a bit worried about the lack of class changes in the 8.2 PTR reports so far?

Since I get the impression that class design is the number one thing in BFA that people dislike, I sincerely hope Blizzard will do some balancing on talents and abilities, and not only focus on the HoA neck!

I know they won’t make big changes halfway through an expansion, but a number pass would be very necessary for some classes abilities and talents.
    start of the ptr is to test systems and new content. class balance comes towards the end.

there will only be numbers tuning, perhaps some small mechanical changes, but no sweeping class restructuring, not until 9.0

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balancing is not the problem. Design is.

And design usually doesn't change mid expansion.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    In some cases balancing can make a difference in my opinion.

For example, I play Affliction, and some talent rows are just terribly balanced, e.g. one talent is waaaay better than the other 2 options. Death bolt and Phantom Singularity come to mind as two talents anyone would pick.

Some number tuning could help there.
    Last edited by Cyminar; 2019-04-18 at 03:50 PM.

In some cases balancing can make a difference in my opinion.

For example, I play Affliction, and some talent rows are just terribly balanced, e.g. one talent is waaaay better than the other 2 options. Some number tuning could help there.
    Welcome to shadow priest since talents 2.0 were introduced. As shadow you NEVER change builds for different encounters within one tier. Talents may have changed between tiers but never on a boss per boss basis.

Right now, shadow has 2 builds. One raid build and one dungeon build. And to change builds you change ONE SINGLE TALENT.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Welcome to shadow priest since talents 2.0 were introduced. As shadow you NEVER change builds for different encounters within one tier. Talents may have changed between tiers but never on a boss per boss basis.

Right now, shadow has 2 builds. One raid build and one dungeon build. And to change builds you change ONE SINGLE TALENT.
    that sounds great, guess I'll have to lvl my shadow-alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the first fuckin build, not to mention major class changes dont happen in patches usually.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

As far as i know, there are at least talent changes / buffs planned.

Can at least make some difference for certain specs, playing Ele with (or without) Icefury is a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Its the first fuckin build, not to mention major class changes dont happen in patches usually.
    Usually we also don't get new abilities in a patch, yet here we are.