Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Diablo 4 will probably be a further simplified version of Diablo 3 and with no gore/horror/references to religion (to cater to China). Blizzard of today won't make a game that's dark like DII ever again. WoW?? Unless they announce WoW2 who cares? It will just be the same formula and shitty design as BFA except even more simplified. Hearthstone is just a micro transaction and RNG slot machine, overwatch has lost most of its populatity, HoTS was killed month after Blizzcon. I don't really see anything to be excited about with Activision these days.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-04-19 at 03:28 AM.

I'm not really feeling it. Hearthstone isn't doing it for me anymore. WoW they will promise us the moon and stars again and then somehow manage to make the classes worse because of course they will. Overwatch is fine, I guess. But not the sort of game that can really deliver a huge ZOMG announcement. Diablo....I don't know if I would even care about a D4 announcement at this point. Path of Exile is my D4.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The opening ceremony is supposed to show off what's coming up. The final presentation is supposed to set the show off with the power of 10 million suns.

After Diablo Immortal, the ENTIRE MOOD of Blizzcon 2018 was "meh, fuck it."

I would be surprised if Blizzard did Blizzcon 2019. Here we are halfway through April and not even a "hey we're doing it!"
    Yeh Blizzcon 2018 was the first and last Blizzcon i go to.. I bought a diablo shirt that day and wore it to the ceremony and then I felt stupid walking around in a shirt for a mobile game.

After the last year "GUYS I HOPE YOU ARE REAYD FOR BLIZZCON IT'S GOING TO BE DOPE!!!" followed by "Yeah.... it's not "that" great, dont expect too much" ending with "Is it an out of season april's fool joke?" let just say that any form of hype and hope from blizzcon (and blizzard in general) is looooooong gone for me.

I feel sorry for all the people that decide to spend 1k$+ to go to blizzcon... just give the money to charity or something, it's going to be put to better use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I would buy a ticket To California and a pass for Blizzcon if they brought All the devs out on stage and fired them ( minus art and music ) . That would get me hyped .
    Haha, I would totally do that.

Spend hundreds of dollars to watch the devs (mainly class devs) get fired and gutted.

Man, that would make my day.

The Diablo bait and switch from last year was such bullshit. WoW expansion reveal should be kind of neat but other than that I am not expecting anything.

It is just going to be another shit show. Everything is crap, and they are just going to be cancelling games to focus on the micro transactions mobile games, those are the future of games. Only mobile games, get over it. Console and PC gaming is dead, they can't milk players like they can on mobile. So they make everything shit to cater to the mobile crowd.

With the garbage in game rewards they gave out last time I suspect they will keep lowering the quality of goods until they figure out the Goldilocks zone of effort to cash made so my hype has been killed for awhile.

Normal. I don't hype things anymore (except Warcraft 3: Reforged - I'm very excited about that). I'm sure they're going to pull out a few aces for this year's BlizzCon, though. Will just have to wait and see.

Because of the hype for DIV, I purchased an online ticket. Never again... never again... never!

Is there a number less than 0?

I mean, I guess it'll be cool to see what the new expansion will be most likely, but it's all so stale and formulaic. I'm going in with a strong "fuck it" mentality, expecting to see more of the same. It's just really hard to care anymore.

It's doubled down on the fact that I just don't trust or like Blizzard as a company anymore. I don't root for them or see them as anything but a group of suits trying to leech off of a bunch of franchises that once had some level of genuine heart put into their development, that are now just a bunch of tired shells. Diablo, WoW, Overwatch, Hearthstone, HotS, every Blizzard game I was interested in got bad or cynical news in the past year or so and I'm not really inspired to see what's next. Short of a total design philosophy change, nothing is going to make WoW worth my time again.

I guess I'm mildly excited for Warcraft 3, but honestly I don't really care for the art style they chose for it. I kinda think they should've kept with the bright colors and goofy aesthetic rather than gritty tones. But since I loved the original so much, I'm still going to play the heck out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Is there a number less than 0?

I mean, I guess it'll be cool to see what the new expansion will be most likely, but it's all so stale and formulaic. I'm going in with a strong "fuck it" mentality, expecting to see more of the same. It's just really hard to care anymore.

It's doubled down on the fact that I just don't trust or like Blizzard as a company anymore. I don't root for them or see them as anything but a group of suits trying to leech off of a bunch of franchises that once had some level of genuine heart put into their development, that are now just a bunch of tired shells. Diablo, WoW, Overwatch, Hearthstone, HotS, every Blizzard game I was interested in got bad or cynical news in the past year or so and I'm not really inspired to see what's next. Short of a total design philosophy change, nothing is going to make WoW worth my time again.

I guess I'm mildly excited for Warcraft 3, but honestly I don't really care for the art style they chose for it. I kinda think they should've kept with the bright colors and goofy aesthetic rather than gritty tones. But since I loved the original so much, I'm still going to play the heck out of it.
    The Blizzard of old is gone (they're stuck with that shitty company as a parent), and it's never coming back. Classic is the only reason why I would to maintain a subscription, and to be honest, I don't have a ton of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No higher or lower than usual. I'll read it all here and won't bother with any live videos, as per usual.

I'm curious to see if they've learned not to feature phone apps as their big announcement this year. I'm curious to see if they mock themselves for last year's shitshow. A genuine apology (and not some PR "saving face" apology) would be nice too, but I don't expect one.

Overall, hype levels are same as always; non-existent.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Uldir. Not Ulduar. read before you spew ur nonesense.

I think we know who the idiot here is.
    As I already said, ever since they made it so first raids aren't 'tiers' they've been shorter. This has been true since the start of 'first raids' with Mogu'shan, Highmaul, Emerald Nightmare, and Uldir. They're not full blown raids, that's why historically their loot has been garbage, which was also true in Uldir the same it was for EN, Highmaul, MSV. The first 'tier' of BFA is Dazar'alor, not Uldir.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-04-19 at 04:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Not yet feeling the blizzcon hype, though I wouldn't say I am skeptical. I think we've just got so little content that it feels super far away

They're definitely gonna announce the next WoW expansion so I'm hyped.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an expansion year so I'm excited I guess.

I dunno ask me once the 9.0 speculation thread goes up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There is very little to be hyped about, honestly.

If they announce D4 it's because they feel they need to, not because they want to. The thrill is gone, once the developer passion is gone.

If D4 is forced, it's likely not going to be very good anyways. So, meh, fuck it. They'll do it for maximum profit, not maximum customer satisfaction, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    There is very little to be hyped about, honestly.

If they announce D4 it's because they feel they need to, not because they want to. The thrill is gone, once the developer passion is gone.

If D4 is forced, it's likely not going to be very good anyways. So, meh, fuck it. They'll do it for maximum profit, not maximum customer satisfaction, if that makes sense.
    What makes you think they haven't been working on it for years already?

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    What makes you think they haven't been working on it for years already?
    What makes you think they have been working on it for years already?