Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I think many people suspected this would happen the minute they announced no more tier sets. Tier sets are usually THE premier pieces to work towards and transmog.

Without it, we're left with 3 sets per raid tier that are absolutely abysmal looking. The only cool set is the pirate themed ones, and that's not enough.

WoW has had some ugly tiers, and gear before... but i struggle to think of an entire expac where the entire gear is a big "pass".

I don't like troll gear, i don't like the fake tiers.. i legit haven't even used the weapon mogs this expac. My character LOOKS the same he did at legion, and will likely not change as i unsubbed to wow and 8.2 doesn't really appeal to me vs classic.
    Exactly.

Tier sets at least had some variety.

Most of the Uldir ones look very similar aesthetically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Two tiers into the expansion and if you unxmog your gear I would be willing to bet your toon looks like complete and total horse shit.

I know I know "JuSt XmOg Ur GeAr AnD StFu"

but the total lack of effort into the gear is pure laziness.
    I disagree.
    The BoD and warfront sets look fantastic.

Besides, without transmog your character always looked like diseased rainbow vommit ever since vanilla.

Formerly known as Arafal

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently mogged into the Mag'har Heritage Set, and without it I would be wearing a mix of this expansion's plate stuff, which are all pretty nice stuff.

Darkshore Warfront plate set is boss;
    Arathi Warfront plate set is very thematic;
    Dazar'alor belt stands out there but it's a very unique piece, and the set is awesome;
    The Zandalar leveling pants and staff are totally out of place, but if it was the complete set, I would look like a cool Zuldazar guard;
    Mag'har Tabard at the center is cool.

Don't know how you can find those complete sets ugly, OP. I guess... fashion isn't for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    . The Warfront ones are especially pathetic considering how much they touted this feature.
    I disagree, the Alliance sets from Arathi are excellent (and popular on my server, at least).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I'd say give us back Burning crusade level of clown suits!
    Credit to the developers for kitting out the NPCs running into the SW Shattrath portal in genuine clown suits.

Darkshore chain armor is the best Hunterset we have so far, at least if you play night elf. Same for plate & cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Darkshore Chainarmor is the best Hunter Set we have so far, at least if you play night elf. Same for Plate & Cloth.
    What?!

How? How is armor that is designed for Night Elves and clips through their features good design? I've seen screenshots of the Kaldorei stuff and it clips through the ears and eyebrows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Nope. You are right.

Gear designs for this expansion are godawful. The Warfront ones are especially pathetic considering how much they touted this feature.

The raid ones are even worse. None of the current Mail sets suit a Hunter. They are built around Shamans.

They've gotten flat out lazy with this expansion overall anyway so it's not surprising the armour sets suffered too.
    I actually like both the Arathi and Darkshore Warfront Plate sets, especially the Darkshore version on my DK. I also like that the sets kind of have two variations which you can mix and match, with extra spikiness and/or affectations depending. I tend to use the more streamlined "official" set for DPS and the one with the bulkier spikes and plating as my Tank set.

At the end of the day, I think whether or not someone likes a tier or given set of armor is highly subjective. I don't like the Uldir set at all, as I find it bland, but the BoD set is quite nice for a Warrior or Paladin.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I actually like both the Arathi and Darkshore Warfront Plate sets, especially the Darkshore version on my DK. I also like that the sets kind of have two variations which you can mix and match, with extra spikiness and/or affectations depending. I tend to use the more streamlined "official" set for DPS and the one with the bulkier spikes and plating as my Tank set.

At the end of the day, I think whether or not someone likes a tier or given set of armor is highly subjective. I don't like the Uldir set at all, as I find it bland, but the BoD set is quite nice for a Warrior or Paladin.
    The only one I'll even give the benefit of the doubt to is the Arathi plate one.

Because it's actually what a Knight would wear into combat.

All the Darkshore stuff is just atrocious imo.

I just really miss tier sets. They could have made a damn good Primal Hunter one themed around Trolls for BFD.

What?!

How? How is armor that is designed for Night Elves and clips through their features good design?
    Even with that its the best hunter set.

7+ Year Old Account
    What?!

How? How is armor that is designed for Night Elves and clips through their features good design? I've seen screenshots of the Kaldorei stuff and it clips through the ears and eyebrows.
    Clipping doesn't make it any less pretty.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Two tiers into the expansion and if you unxmog your gear I would be willing to bet your toon looks like complete and total horse shit.

I know I know "JuSt XmOg Ur GeAr AnD StFu"

but the total lack of effort into the gear is pure laziness.
    Honestly, if they bothered to update some of the more popular vanilla xmogs (all those awesome armorkinis, etc.), I wouldn't care as much. I personally have repeatedly sent in-game "suggestions" that, instead of spending a ton of time designing new, ugly stuff people xmog over, just update the most popular, low res, old stuff. Would be SOOO much faster for them, players would be thrilled.

THAT would stop the endless, agonizing time grinding the rarer pieces that also serve as a significant gold sink. So, screw player happiness, make more ugly, boring ass armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Darkshore chain armor is the best Hunterset we have so far, at least if you play night elf. Same for plate & cloth.
    LOVE the Alliance Darkshore cloth! Horde's is utter crap.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have. It wasn't anywhere near as nice to look at as any of my transmog sets, but it wasn't _that_ bad. Most of the gear at least sort of matched.

I think because of transmogging in general, blizzard have gotten lazier with gearsets, there were some good ones in Legion, but every single set in BFA has been TRASH.
    Looking at the 8.2 sets, i get a feeling the design team just went: "Alright, lets make a barely decent set for mythic, then make all the other difficulties get shit looking sets"

This was mostly the case in Legion aswell, the mythic sets are really cool for the most part, with the exception of ToS, because the tier 6 sets those sets were based on were already cool

I have not, and I can not... same reason I can't play classic again, I've been fashion-spoiled.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I actually do this at times, out of curiosity, but I stopped caring about the ugly gear Blizzard is making. There are enough nice transmog options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every character I have is transmogged because all of the armor in BfA, besides mythic leather BoD gear looks like fucking ass.
    I am so happy that we dropped class specific tier sets for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my characters wear transmog from Warlords or Legion. There is nothing interesting to me so far in BFA.

Every day, only game i "transmog" in is FFXIV.