Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Im a fucking Paladin. Have you seen T1, 4,5, 7, 11, ...? Cry me a river...
    Hey now, I thought we all agreed Hunters sets are consistently the most shit. My options are Ed Gein or a power ranger, it's ridiculous.

Surprisingly the new warfront/raid sets actually offer something new. The final version of the Darkshore WF set is something I've wanted for years: Actual chain mail.
    What a blessing.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

15+ Year Old Account
    Man not raiding and only doing PVP/m+ really leaves your char as a clown fiesta because you cannot par anything together xD

Well, yea, because they aren't designed around the classes alone but around the content they come from. Which is why Uldir has Titan-Themed gear and Zul'Dazar has Troll-Themed gear, focussing on Bwonsamdi. I get why you don't like it, but please... "Oh no, i don't like an armor set. Woe is me." Im a fucking Paladin. Have you seen T1, 4,5, 7, 11, ...? Cry me a river...

I also challenge you to tell me which dungeon set looks better...

Euuuh. No. Not only is your opinion completely subjective, regardless of not knowing your faction (jesus, you are also a Hunter, calm down), they are arguably the most expensive sets as far as design value gets. They are much more complex between additional pieces added to the chest alone and things like unique boot designs and hip additions and the overall very visually upgraded mythic versions, so saying they have gotten lazy here is factually wrong. Don't talk shit just because you don't like it...
    Nope. They got lazy with the designs for these ones. Let's not pretend they are more complex. There's just less overall variety with the loss of tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I'd say give us back Burning crusade level of clown suits!

thats if you were in piecemeal dungeon gear. once you started raiding, tier sets looked dope and were the best gear you could get for every class, barring maybe a non-set/crafted/pvp piece here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Two tiers into the expansion and if you unxmog your gear I would be willing to bet your toon looks like complete and total horse shit.

I know I know "JuSt XmOg Ur GeAr AnD StFu"

but the total lack of effort into the gear is pure laziness.
    I myself use the warfront gear simply because I like it.

And many people around use BfA gear, from quest green and dungeon gear to raid, warfront and pvp - that is for actual transmog to match the pieces, not that they don't use transmog at all.

I mean, Horde Arathi gear does look like shit, but that's just it being orc themed, other than that, it's pretty well done.

Far from "complete and total horse shit", that's just you being the typical forum edgelord - everything is either good or CoMpLeTe FuCkInG sHiT.

The gear is pretty fugly this expansion I won't lie, and much of the art in general is pretty uninspired imo, even the music. Legion had a lot of cool art, so BfA looks even worse coming right after it.

BoD has some of the best looking sets of all time

Most currently look like a mix out of Zandalar and Kul Tiran equip.

with there only being 1 set design for raiding, 1 for m+ and 1 for pvp, instead of a mix/mash of several class sets, at least chances are that nowadays your character looks like its pieces match.

but yeah uldir set was really bad, bod set is alright for me if you are into the theme.

Yes because I don't transmog in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    thats if you were in piecemeal dungeon gear. once you started raiding, tier sets looked dope and were the best gear you could get for every class, barring maybe a non-set/crafted/pvp piece here and there.
    Not always. I think it was up until cata as a ret paladin plate wasn't always my bis. I had a mix of plate and leather up until ICC. I remember the boots were REALLY wanted from ICC and took everyone a while to get those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    Two tiers into the expansion and if you unxmog your gear I would be willing to bet your toon looks like complete and total horse shit.

I know I know "JuSt XmOg Ur GeAr AnD StFu"

but the total lack of effort into the gear is pure laziness.
    I don't see lack of effort, I just see a mess of different pieces because, that is the truth when you try to achieve better gear...

... that is why I transmog!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    My mage would look awful without xmog. Feathers and Maya-like dyed robes don't fit a BE caster at all As for my pally, he's wearing the Uldir "set" and it's a big, resonant meh. And Horde warfronts sets are ugly as sin - Ally ones are much better imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Not always. I think it was up until cata as a ret paladin plate wasn't always my bis. I had a mix of plate and leather up until ICC. I remember the boots were REALLY wanted from ICC and took everyone a while to get those.
    yeah i guess ther were a few niche specs here and there that mixed it up a bit, but for the most part what i said was true.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Most people would look awful all the time, because most people don't have full sets that they're wearing all the time.

I think many people suspected this would happen the minute they announced no more tier sets. Tier sets are usually THE premier pieces to work towards and transmog.

Without it, we're left with 3 sets per raid tier that are absolutely abysmal looking. The only cool set is the pirate themed ones, and that's not enough.

WoW has had some ugly tiers, and gear before... but i struggle to think of an entire expac where the entire gear is a big "pass".

I don't like troll gear, i don't like the fake tiers.. i legit haven't even used the weapon mogs this expac. My character LOOKS the same he did at legion, and will likely not change as i unsubbed to wow and 8.2 doesn't really appeal to me vs classic.

I just started playing again, so my gear is a pack of Skittles right now. And that’s why I transmog it.

Im a fucking Paladin. Have you seen T1, 4,5, 7, 11, ...? Cry me a river...
    Ring ring ring ring ring Bananadin!

I wear the Epic Darkshore mail set and it's pretty damned fantastic in its detail.

Not only are there more sets than before, but they're getting more and more detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nope. They got lazy with the designs for these ones. Let's not pretend they are more complex. There's just less overall variety with the loss of tier sets.
    Oh look, the incessant liar is at it again.

How's "moving on to FFXIV" working out for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I think many people suspected this would happen the minute they announced no more tier sets. Tier sets are usually THE premier pieces to work towards and transmog.

Without it, we're left with 3 sets per raid tier that are absolutely abysmal looking. The only cool set is the pirate themed ones, and that's not enough.

WoW has had some ugly tiers, and gear before... but i struggle to think of an entire expac where the entire gear is a big "pass".

I don't like troll gear, i don't like the fake tiers.. i legit haven't even used the weapon mogs this expac. My character LOOKS the same he did at legion, and will likely not change as i unsubbed to wow and 8.2 doesn't really appeal to me vs classic.
    According to these forums, not a single tier has been a slam dunk.

Yet the transmog groups running old raids are plentiful.
    We had enough class sets. Now we get raid themed and RACE themed sets. People constantly ask for Blizzard to do something new yet when they do people whinge to have the old back.

I'm sure we'll return to class sets someday, and then you people will still be proclaiming how every new tier is "uninspired".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-19 at 02:56 PM.

The cloth / leather BoD mythic sets are amazing. Plate is great and mail is ok. The new sets for 8.2 are uninspiring to say the least and ripoffs of previous sets.