Wanting to upgrade monitor, but can my computer handle it?

Ok so, earlier this year, I bought a new computer, nothing fancy, which has been paired with an old monitor, which I'm planning to upgrade, but I'm not sure what my computer will be able to handle, considering it's a bit on the cheap side. My computer's specs are:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Motherboard: ASRock A320M-HDV mATX
    Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB, plus 1TB HDD

I'm hoping to get a 24-27'' monitor, curved doesn't matter to me, I'm told VA or IPS is the way to go over TN (whatever that means), and that gSync or FreeSync are good (again, buh?); as for ms and hz, I guess more is better?

I currently play Wow, and I'm looking to get into Warframe and maybe Path of Exile too.

I guess what I'm asking is, what's the best kind of monitor I could get that would still work well with my computer? Thanks!

1080p 144hz monitor would best suite your needs probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    1080p 60hz monitor.

You want lower input lag (measured in ms), and higher hz, but your GPU can't really do more than 1080p60 reliably

Quote Originally Posted by daretobecupid View Post
    I'm hoping to get a 24-27'' monitor, curved doesn't matter to me, I'm told VA or IPS is the way to go over TN (whatever that means), and that gSync or FreeSync are good (again, buh?); as for ms and hz, I guess more is better?
    I don't want to god tier these sources but they get you the jist of your VA, IPS, and TN questions:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIu5hBTYTqg

When it comes to GSync and FreeSync, yeah, its awesome to have and if you can afford it I would. I would shy away from gsync these days. Nvida has opened up to Freesync support and they are cheaper. So why not, if you can.

MS is basiclly the "lag" of your monitor to input. So lower is better.

Hz is how many frames the monitor can display. So if you PC is throwing 200 fps in a game but you have a 60 fps monitor you will only see 60 of those frames on a 60 hz monitor. 120 hz you see 120 of those 200. You get it by now. So higher is better.

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys! I'll go for 1080p, 60hz, something with low ms, VA/IPS, and FreeSync if possible. Cheers!